5.0 out of 5 stars Check product date when you get it
Published on May 14, 2007 by D. Stringer

1.0 out of 5 stars Why did they add SUGAR to this?
Published on January 18, 2010 by T. Molessa

1.0 out of 5 stars Why did they add SUGAR to this?, January 18, 2010
T. Molessa "Organic Nut" (East Stroudsburg, PA United States) - See all my reviews
I have bought this product for the last 18 months because it had no sugar and it was great for my toddler. Well what a shock I had when the latest box I purchased said it now contains SUGAR too!! The only organic cereal now out on the market with no added sugar or evaporated cane juice is Barbara's Organic Cereal o's. Make a statement and do not buy this again!! Very disappointed with Cascadian Farm...why ruin a perfectly good no-sugar cereal???

5.0 out of 5 stars Check product date when you get it, May 14, 2007
This is a very good cereal (hence the five-star rating), but twice I received boxes from Amazon either too close to or past the "best by" date stamped on the top flap. When I received a pack of six boxes three weeks PAST the "best by" date, I complained to Amazon. A rep quickly responded with an e-mailed apology and said Amazon would credit my credit card for the purchase price. (Foodstuffs cannot be returned for health reasons, of course.) I realize the "best by" date is not an expiration, but it takes me weeks to consume 6 boxes of cereal, so I want the freshest product possible.

2.0 out of 5 stars I've been a cascadian farm eater for a long tim, April 30, 2014
The sugar content in cascadian farm products has gotten way out of control. I'm not clear as to why General Mills forces is sugar into the once good products. Lets put it this way...the sugar content has increased to the point that Fruit Loops have less sugar than this granola cereal. kind of strange?
I'm sure they are just banking on the addictiveness of sugar to keep sales strong instead of making a quality and healthy product. i'm out. no more cascadian farm for my family. Lastly, they started putting Malodextrin in their cereal...obviously not a whole grain nor a naturally derived sweetener. Thanks a lot General Mills....ruined another product!
Cascadian Farms Oats and Honey: 15g of sugar per 2/3 cup
Fruit Loops: 12g of sugar per 1 cup
Honey Smacks: 15g per 3/4 cup

1.0 out of 5 stars Misleading packaging, now with extra sugar!, February 2, 2010
In the past few weeks this General Mills product was reformulated with 3 time the sugar. This change was made without ANY changes to the packaging outside of the nutritional label. This product went from a mainstay for us and our toddler to something we will no longer be buying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Good!, June 25, 2010
The Kashi granola that I wanted was not available, so I went with this one- I am very happy with it! Great taste, good price, great nutrition numbers...a winner!

5.0 out of 5 stars 1 gram of sugar, January 21, 2012
G P (Seattle, WA United States) - See all my reviews
I just ordered the 4-pack of this cereal and on the front of the box they advertised a new formulation and 1 gram of sugar. Ditto on the nutritional panel. I suppose the backlash resulted in them dropping the sugar content.

1 gram of sugar is just fine for my family and me. If that's too much for you, you should consider making your own cereal out of your own home-grown and home-milled grain.

5.0 out of 5 stars changed back the formulation! sugar = 1 gram, November 11, 2012
they should probably list this as a separate product from the older 3-gram of sugar formulation, so that this product can have the good ratings it deserves. only 1 gram of sugar and tastes great! i actually prefer the crunchiness of this cereal to cheerios, and it's organic. yum!

5.0 out of 5 stars Addictive!, July 2, 2009
I literally bought a case of this and I'm going through 2-3 boxes a week...it's so good! it makes for a good snack at night in addition to being a great breakfast!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleases 18 month old and it's wholesome, September 27, 2006
Amazon Customer (San Francisco, CA USA) - See all my reviews
A nutritious and healthier cereal (compare ingredients and nutritional information with Life and you'll see) that is not overly sweet and that my 18 month absolutely loves.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious, December 1, 2010
Some organic foods can be bland, especially cereals. Not as sweet as cheerios, but they taste good enough that everyone in our family often eats more than just 1 bowl. I usually poor to much milk in the bowl just to have a good reason to pour more cereal in! Good price, taste, and Healthy!

Rate and Discover Movies