- Audible Audio Edition
- Listening Length: 7 hours and 9 minutes
- Program Type: Audiobook
- Version: Unabridged
- Publisher: Phoenix Books
- Audible.com Release Date: August 12, 2008
- Language: English
- ASIN: B001E6J316
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
The Case Against Barack Obama: The Unlikely Rise and Unexamined Agenda of the Media's Favorite Candidate Audible – Unabridged
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
In reality, I found this book incredibly well-documented and surprisingly objective. As Freddoso himself notes on many occasions, the book does not try to make any of the sensational claims bandied about by some. It does not attempt to "out" Obama as a closet-Muslim or claim that an Obama presidency would bring about the end of America. It merely attempts to dull the blinding sheen that the media has placed on Obama and his vapid message of "hope and change".
Those who take the time to read this book with an open mind will be in for a revealing look at Obama's meteoric rise. Freddoso carefully documents Obama's close connections with the seediest elements of Chicago politics, the myriad occasions on which he passed up opportunities to denounce "politics as usual" as a state legislator, and his Clinton/Rove win-at-all-costs mentality.
What results from this analysis is a picture of Obama that is much less sparkling than the one painted by his many admirers in the media. Beyond the lofty promises of "hope and change" lies the unremitting ambition of a "reform" candidate who has failed to reform or stand up for anything in his political career.
The long and the short of that effort was that Illinois voters did not have a choice. I would not think that is the kind of change one ought to be proud of. A genuine one-candidate ballot, in a nominally Democratic nation.
The same might be inferred from Barack Obama's run for the U.S. Senate, in which his Republican opponent was suddenly smeared on a grotesque personal level---with facts that were indeed available to Obama's staff---two weeks before the election. Until that point, the candidates were running neck and neck. After, however, the Republican withdrew from the race, and no one took his place. Obama ran unopposed, once again. For the U.S. Senate.
In other words, Obama's political career has been more or less unvetted by the voters. He is, as he has said himself, a clean slate onto which idealists can project anything they like. And that is a huge problem.
For Obama's slate is apparently not so clean as the general mainstream press would have Americans believe.
Politics is very dirty indeed, but in Chicago Illinois, it is possibly dirtier and more corrupt than in any other U.S. locality. The Democratic machine rules. And Barack Obama is an ingrained part of Mayor Daley's corrupt, wasteful Democratic machine. Committed Chicagoan Democrats and Republicans alike have objected.Read more ›
- How Obama won his first election (to the Illinois State Senate) by having his lawyers knock all his opponents -- including the black, female incumbent -- off the ballot on technicalities, so he could run unopposed.
- How Obama voted to deny medical care to babies born alive after abortion -- a bill too extreme even for Nancy Pelosi (Freddoso has an exclusive interview with the nurse central to the case).
- A story Obama would like to stay buried in Chicago: How he used his clout as a U.S. Senator to save the corrupt Cook County Political Machine when reformers of both parties tried to challenge the entrenched political bosses.
- How Obama's wife Michele's salary nearly tripled in 2005 -- the same year he was sworn in to the U.S. Senate and began earmarking funds for her employer.
- How Obama's friendship with the hate-spewing Reverend Jeremiah Wright was no accident -- but a carefully thought out personal and political decision.
- Why Obama thought his association with '60s-era terror-bomber Bill Ayers wouldn't matter -- an exposé of the insular radical chic of Chicago's Hyde Park politics.
- How state Senator Obama was paid more than $100,000 for legal work -- then helped his client's company get $320,000 in taxpayer grants.Read more ›
Since Obama himself is so obtuse about his background, beliefs, accomplishments (are there any?), etc., it is imperative that someone actually do the research to find out about the true Obama before handing him the highest office in the land. As a person who employs other people, I would want much more information than what is on Obama's thin public resume.
This book does that research for you and comes up with the fact that Obama's resume IS thin. He decided after only 143 days in the US Senate that he was ready to step up and be President. He has the most liberal voting record in the US Senate. He attended a racist church for twenty years and then only quit the church when it became a political liability. He was a community organizer in Chicago whose main accomplishment was getting asbestos removed from a single apartment house and even then they didn't remove all of it. This is the experience you need to run the country?
America is ready for a man or woman of any skin color, ethnicity, religion to be President but they must at least meet the minimum qualification of being "experienced" in executive management. Obama has never run anything in his life other than a campaign. We don't need another Jimmy Carter no matter what skin color he is.
Buy the book and actually do some research before voting. [...]
Most Recent Customer Reviews
These are the facts, this is the recorded history of the President and there is "NO SPIN"!Published 7 days ago by Amazon Customer
Enjoyed the book in 2008. Really gave insight into Obuma. Have been loaning it out when telling friends about his history. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Rom
Good reading from someone not afraid to tell the truth, who isn't manipulated by its subject matter.Published 12 months ago by Drill Sergeant
Amazing how clairvoyant this book has become. I read it before the guy got elected and everything that was discussed has now become painfully obvious in the actions of this... Read morePublished on November 24, 2013 by Pihmpdaddi
I have been following Barack Obama for over 10 years, so I knew a lot of the information in this book. Read morePublished on August 31, 2013 by Teri O'Brien
There were very few correct facts in this book. Period. I will never read another book written by Mr. Freddoso.Published on August 18, 2013 by Janet M. Cooney
I didn't learn anything I didn't already know. At least I know that I keep up with what is going on around mePublished on January 4, 2013 by Anne Wiser
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Elections & Political Process > Elections
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Elections & Political Process > Political Parties
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Ideologies & Doctrines > Conservatism & Liberalism
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > United States > Legislative Branch