Professional restaurant supplies BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Made in Italy Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

Loper, the owner of the ranch and Slim, the one and only hired hand cowboy sort of push the old truck to the limit and it must be taken to the garage for major repairs. A new truck, a loaner is provided and Hanks's problems begin. I know just how Hank felt. Each time we purchase a new car there are a new array of buttons and switches and it takes me weeks to figure out everything they do.

Hank gets into real problems with this new truck and many, per usual, laugh out loud moments are provided. Again, for me, the conversations between Hank and Drover, his assistant head of security, are the highlight of the book although I must admit that the conversations between Loper and Slim are equally as funny. The dogs and the cowboys are working at about the same level - truth be told.

As with the other books in this series, the word play the author uses is quite inventive and I still do not know how he keeps thinking of different hilarious situations he places Hank in.

This book, indeed, this series is not just for the young and is as enjoyable for older people as well as the little ones. These Hank books are wonderful family reads.

This was a library find.

Don Blankenship
The Ozarks
on May 7, 2007
This Hank story is standard Hank fare, with a slight retread of previous scrapes, but still enjoyable. The antics of the humans are as funny as ever, with Loper and Slim sparring and blowing up ranch equipment and so forth. The story line doesn't move as far or as fast as several other Hank books, but it is still a pleasant outing with the Hank crew.
VINE VOICEon December 14, 2007
I love all the Hank books, and this is a great one for the Christmas season. These books are hilarious and more important to the young reader, fun to read. I'd also check the rest of the series.

Author of "Hobo Finds A Home" editor "Of A Predatory Heart"
on October 16, 2007
I ordered the book for my sons ages 13,12, and 10. They really enjoy reading "Hank the Cow Dog" books. We highly recommend them all!!
on March 15, 2007
According to the grandchildren 10 & 13 the characters are delightful and draws you into picturing the situation in your mind. Thank goodness the author who is also the narrator is terrific and is in full stride for enjoyable listening. The tones and inflections easily identify the characters. I purchased a sequence of books that was read by somebody other than the author and then this particular author decided to be her own narrator and believe you me it sure destroyed the stories. Stay with what works.
on January 6, 2013
great audio! Would recommend to all kids! Fast shipping! My daughter love Hank the Cowdog growing up now her kids Love it!
on November 5, 2014
Don't much care for reading these -- but the audiobooks are fabulous. We get some new ones for every long road trip.
on January 20, 2015
5*A+ accurate description~packaged safely in durable mailer~fast shipping~Thank You!
VINE VOICEon December 14, 2007

Author of "Hobo Finds A Home" editor "Of A Predatory Heart"