Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on December 28, 2012
In "Case for Christ" Lee was a skeptic who wanted to disprove Jesus and God. He couldn't believe the Bible was anything but myth and legends. Using detective work to get the real facts he was confronted with unexpected results from the facts he could with any integrity deny. It turned his life upside down. In "Case for Faith" he plowed into the big and tough questions that have troubled both Christians and non-Christians about God and the state of things in this world that are very troubling. But again based upon the detective type work, the research only proved to confirm what he came to believe. He takes a poignant look at a contemporary and friend of Billy Graham whose doubts caused him to walk away from God. He interviewed him and sought answers to the things the made him doubt and came to the opposite conclusion. It is a good read, but soul searching.
The pair together on Kindle was a great value.
on December 8, 2013
When I sit down to begin writing these reviews, I often find myself wishing that this site offered the ability to do half stars. This time was no exception; I was really torn between the two and three star ratings for these books but ended up going with the three star if only marginally. I felt one of the two books in this larger book deserved two stars while the second was probably more a three star rating but the latter slightly edged out the former. I wasn't wildly crazy about either of the books but they were closer to a three than a two.

Anyway, now that I've covered that on to the actual books. I was curious about these books for a while but hadn't gotten around to them until I heard some reviews from others that I knew that enjoyed them. When I started reading the series, I read it with a friend with a drastically different viewpoint than my own and we had some good discussions as we read through Case for Christ but I wasn't overly impressed with the book. It does have some interesting chapters and some decent insights but I quickly got tired of the repetitive set up of ever chapter. Three or four chapters into the book and you can write an outline for each chapter of how it will be approached as each interview is treated the same way. Does that make it easier to follow? Probably. Does that make it boring and dry? Definitely. Personally, I'm not all that bothered on what the person you interviewed was wearing or how their house is decorated.

I often felt that much of Case for Christ was not what I was expecting it to be. It brushed along the surface of many issues and just kind of wandered through them. For someone seeking, this might be a good resource but I also feel like the author let his journey color some of what he had written. For instance there were comments such as 'this had provided significant proof' or 'solid evidence' which is poorly done if you're attempting to be objective and not lead the reader. Also, there were times when weak arguments were accepted without even a question. There was one argument, I can't remember which it was exactly, but the person being interviewed said 'if you subscribe to the view of X, which most scholars do not, then y makes sense'. If most scholars don't believe that's accurate, why should it be swallowed wholeheartedly without the opposing side being presented?

Case for Christ was a weaker book than Case for Faith in my opinion because much of it just seemed to leave me thinking 'so what?' after I'd finished reading the chapter. Case for Faith deals with the tough issues that most people don't really want to deal with and sometimes the answers really aren't cut and dry as we'd like them to be but it doesn't try to skitter around them and just take the easy path as often as I felt Case for Christ did. That said, I think the book would have been vastly improved had it been approached with two interviews per subject, one pro and one against, to clearly show both sides and the views each holds.

All of that said, the books were okay and somewhat interesting but I would imagine there are books out there that deal with each of the issues in depth that would be better to study and read through than trying to tackle everything at once and only getting a brief preview of each issue.
on February 7, 2013
Overall this book is very informative and well written. Strobel is very methodical in his research and writing. A couple times I wish he'd explored some of the issues/contradictions a little further instead of taking an expert's plausible explanation & simply accepting it, but I'm sure the book would have been twice as long & much harder to follow if he'd picked apart any explanation that wasn't 100% airtight. And besides, there's plenty of opposing commentary to read (he's actually pretty good about mentioning at least the name of the leading critic on the matter), so you can always decide for yourself on those issues. Christian, or skeptic, this is definitely worth reading.
on February 24, 2016
I never really had the desire to research biblical evidence until some new people started working with me. They seem to be very proud to be atheists and had directed some tough questions at me regarding the existence of God. So I had an overwhelming need to find answers. This book was wonderful! I really enjoyed reading it and I learned so much that I filled up pages with notes. It has really given me more confidence in witnessing and a desire to learn more.
on February 19, 2015
I really enjoyed Lee Strobel's Case for Christ and Case for Faith and I would recommend them both to any Christian who has questions about how science and the Christian faith line up. I would even recommend this book to non Christians who would like to have an accurate understanding of how the majority of Christians feel about the Big Bang and other scientific theories.

I have to say that both books were very interesting and provided a lot of clarity for may questions I did not know I had. Understand that this book is written to answer questions specific questions on hot science topics by interviewing specialists in the area of each individual theory or idea. It doesn't read smoothy, but requires a lot of thought.

Personally, I enjoyed The Case for Faith a little bit more than The Case for Christ. I felt like it was more about theology and philosophy while the Case for Christ was more scientific theory.
on February 20, 2013
I loved all the facts and great history. I as already a believer before I read this book and took the DVD course but this made me stronger. I know feel like I can face the Christian critics with confidence of being able to answer many of their questions. Highly recommend this book to those searching and those already found.
on February 19, 2013
Yes, I said it. Reality. Anyone who claims the bible is a made up story is speaking from ignorance. This book really examines the hard questions in the evidence that exists for the bible and Jesus Christ. Not only that, but what He truly said and did. An excellent read if you are looking for answers.
on May 24, 2016
I am a Christian and I really loved the book (two books in one to be exact). Though I do not need actual proof to believe in our savior, Jesus Christ (that's where faith comes in) it is great to read a book that builds a logical, and fact base case for Christ and for our faith. I highly recommend it.
on November 27, 2014
For anyone seeming answers, this is a great beginning. If you've wrestled in your faith or if you are searching I would highly recommend these two books. They don't have ALL of the answers but they do provide some great insight and should trigger some reflection. If read with an open mind,they provide an excellent first step for a lifelong journey.
on June 22, 2015
This is a good book, however it is pretty biased towards Christianity. I am a strong Christian and my boyfriend is a Christian with a lot of doubts and as we are reading it, we both feel it does not always fully back arguments. We wish it would have a stronger voice from the "other side" versus just citing references from agnostics or atheists. I almost wish it could have been co-written per se. I think it you are a research minded person who enjoys solid/unbiased support to arguments you may struggle with this book a bit.