4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, depending on the need
I like:
- general design is clean. Good fit for non fancy business use or just for school.
- the internal mash pockets are pretty comfortable - easy access for your stuff
- internal iPad/tablet padded pocket can fit a MacBook air 13" snugly.
- external laptop compartment is interesting and easy to use
- the bag can easily fit 2 laptops
- the...
Published on May 10, 2012 by M. Morim

2.0 out of 5 stars 6 Month Backpack
Published 21 months ago by Theodore Diamantopoulos

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, depending on the need, May 10, 2012
This review is from: Case Logic 15.6-Inch Laptop Backpack (Black) (MLBP-115BLK) (Personal Computers)
I like:
- the internal mash pockets are pretty comfortable - easy access for your stuff
- internal iPad/tablet padded pocket can fit a MacBook air 13" snugly.
- external laptop compartment is interesting and easy to use
- the bag can easily fit 2 laptops
- the zipper handles can support a lock
- the bag is comfortable
- the edges of the straps are folded in a way that don't let them dangle, looks less messy
- good size: not too big and bulky and not too small and slim.

I don't like:
- the bag somehow looks a bit simple or cheap, hard to explain why.
- there are no fast access pockets/compartments for stuff like: keys, phone, money, credit card. The external pocket seems to be a better fit for left handed: when I want to reach the pocket, I usually bring it to the front through my right shoulder (since I'm right handed), however the zipper for that external pocket is on the other side - making it hard to get thins out.

So if you are a business traveler - I wouldn't recommend this bag, but if you are looking for a day to day bag for work, or for school - it's a nice looking, nicely sized, bi-sexual backpack.

4.0 out of 5 stars A comfortable and slim backpack that would be ideal for the student (or teacher), May 27, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a very nice-looking, slim and comfortable backpack. I like the sleek black streamlined design, that can pass for almost any use from casual to semi-professional. It works great for carrying my MacBook Pro, along with a few books and papers.

There's a padded laptop sleeve that keeps the laptop snug directly against the back. Then comes a larger compartment, that has room for things like books and various equipment, with two internal mesh pockets and a padded sleeve that fits an iPad nicely. Then there's a thinner compartment, with room for papers or a folder or a thin book, with pockets for things like pens and pencils, calculators, phones or mp3 players. Finally, there another outer pocket where you could keep a notebook or a dayplanner or the like.

This is not a bulky and roomy backpack designed to function as a mobile locker, with room for everything and then some. Rather, it's designed for the student or casual professional who likes to travel light with only a laptop and a few other essential items. It'd be ideal for the bicycle commuter, and it works great for someone like me, a teacher who needs to bring a computer back and forth from home to work, and almost always carries home and back just a book or two and a stack or two of papers to grade. It's well built, and nicely padded, without looking rugged. I like it quite a bit.

5.0 out of 5 stars great backpack, April 23, 2013
I received my backpack 2 days after I ordered, with prime membership...
I was between this one and the Microsoft Rainer, so I ordered both, but the material from Microsoft wasn't as resistant as this one.
I bought it because I was going in a tour to different schools and I needed something were I could fit all my belonging and it wouldn't make me tired when carrying it.
I was able to fit
camera
one notebook
1 folder
magic wand portable scanner
all the respective chargers (camera, phone, nook, scanner, laptop)
wallet
lunch
bottle of water
pen, pencil, whiteout, highlighter, tape, mini stapler, microsd adapter, keys, calculator.
and some extra space was stiil left
material is very resistant and extra comfortable.
the only problem was they only had it in black and gray, but other than that this backpack is amazing!!!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive quality-This is well worth the money, April 24, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a useful and utilitarian backpack. There is a compartment for the laptop at the rear of the bag. It is separate from the rest of the bag and will hold the laptop safely between the main backpack compartment and the user.

There is also a compartment for an IPad, Kindle, or similarly sized device.

Overall this backpack has four compartments. The laptop area, the pad area, the larger center area, then a smaller compartment that can be use phones, pens, or other small items.

The backpack is sturdy and well made. The material is strong enough that it can withstand quite a bit of weight without worries of loose stitching. In actuality, if used for a laptop, the backpack probably won't be weighted down with other items. However, there is room and capability to do so within reason.

My 15" laptop fit perfectly in the pocket, very safe and snug. My son has a larger laptop and we tried using the backpack with his as well. Of course, it was too bit to fit in the laptop compartment AND have it zipped. But it did fit snugly in the compartment and, in a pinch, it could be carried there. He was able to fit it into the main compartment of the backpack and there was plenty of room for it. He then placed his cords and accessories in the compartment that was made for the laptop without compromising the safety of his machine. This backpack has so much padding and is so sturdy that it would actually work for a slightly larger laptop. The effect wouldn't be as streamline but it is safer than carrying it in a traditional backpack or without any protection at all.

The fit is comfortable and, for being so padded, there isn't a noticeable weighted feeling when using the backpack.

I am so impressed with this backpack that I will be buying my son one for himself. Even at the list price, this is an excellent investment. I am so impressed with the quality of the material and the stitching that my frugal self would pay full price without blinking an eye.

This would be an excellent graduation gift for a high school student going off to college or for anyone of any age who needs to commute anywhere with a laptop.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for college students!, January 7, 2014
I was looking for a backpack that could carry my 15" MacBook Pro, my iPad Air, and at least 1 textbook and 2-3 notebooks. I got this backpack after careful consideration and I must say I am very pleased. It's quite slim and can securely hold all of the things listed. It's very comfortable to carry and has some Velcro that holds any excess strap so that it doesn't dangle around which is an added bonus.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, sophisticated style, but not for the heavy packer!, April 27, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This laptop backpack has quite a lot going for it, especially when it comes to the pockets and the streamline design of it. It's exceptionally slim for a backpack, much more so than its competitors, which is both a good and bad thing. Let me say it does look perfectly sophisticated, and I can see using this in a business situation where I only needed my laptop, Ipad, notebook, and writing tools. However, I wouldn't recommend this for college. I don't know about most people, but I walked a lot on campus, and ultimately had to carry at least two pretty thick books, and this backpack is not up to that particular task. I could see carrying one slim textbook, but that's about it. This is basically a straight up laptop backpack.

That being said...it's pretty darn nice. Completely black, slim design, no bulky compartments anywhere, and the zippers are even black and long/slim, which makes for a very stylish, but simple, backpack. It has four zippered openings. The first, and smallest is the very outer compartment that has a zipper sideways. This is perfect for keys, cell phone, gum wrappers, etc. The next compartment can house a smaller notebook, or book, and it has a zippered pouch at the top, plus three pockets, one with two pen holders. These are perfect for your MP3 player, calculator, cell phone, etc. The next to largest compartment has enough room to stick a regular sized notepad, book, etc. in it. It also comes with two mesh zippered compartments, one at the top of each side of the opening, and it has one large pocket that easily fits an Ipad with cover. Very nice touch. The last zippered area is where the laptop goes. Now this is the area that actually gave me pause. The zipper happens to be under the straps. This really makes it difficult for me to get my laptop in and out in a jiffy. Add into the picture that the zipper does not open all the way, but only partially down one side, and it just made it a little more complicated. I, personally, would have preferred the laptop zipper to not be underneath the straps, but it does give the backpack a better appearance as you don't honestly see the zipper from the front. So it gives the illusion that there are only two zippered compartments. (I say two as you don't really see the zipper for the smallest area in the very front of it).

There is also a mesh back to this, which helps vent air plus it adds a nice cushion for your laptop. As a side note the underside of the straps are also mesh. But I do have to say when I first put it on and toted it around; it was very tight on my shoulders. And I'm a very small person. I had to adjust the straps, but even then it still felt tighter than I would like. There isn't a ton of cushion, but it does provide the necessary support to where I feel safe carrying it around. I do recommend this for business use, and some campus life, but if you have to carry around a lot of supplies, then I wouldn't suggest it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic bag!, January 22, 2013
This is the best laptop bag I've ever owned, and I've owned / received about 10-12 in the last 3 years. It easily fits my 15.6" Lenovo Thinkpad as well as an iPad with room to spare. The 2 best features are: No dangling straps, and no protruding tortoise-like shape even when it's fully stuffed.

2.0 out of 5 stars 6 Month Backpack, May 15, 2013
I bought this for work, as I take my work laptop to and from home on a daily basis. 6 months later, zipper failed on the laptop compartment in the back and the straps started ripping pretty much right out of the gate. Maybe I got a bum one? Not sure but its not worth going through the warranty process on this item so I just upgraded to a $100 version in a different brand. Night and day, construction-wise. The design of my new bag makes me understand why this one's straps failed so quickly...

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful case and a good price, November 15, 2012
I bought this case to use with my Dell XPS 15Z Notebook. I use this notebook for work and carry it back and forth between my office and home, on business trips and client visits. My old case was a "pain in the shoulder" and was an organizational nightmare. This case is a perfect fit for the notebook, and has much more room than the traditional computer bag I had. I just got back from an extended business trip, and this case was awesome. I carried the notebook, my iPad and all of my related items without any problems. It has plenty of internal pockets and compartments to keep everything organized. The bag is comfortable to wear and well balance and to carry by the top handle.

I recommend the bag highly. It looks professional, moreso than many of the backpack style bags I've seen, yet can carry an amazing amount of supplies and accessories safely and comfortably. The design is lightweight and slim, but seems quite durably constructed and is designed to be quite functional. I wouldn't hesitate to buy it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent commuter bag, August 28, 2013
I searched high and low before I settled on this bag. I wanted something to carry work folders, writing utensils, my iPad mini, pipe kit, and a book but not something that was so big I would fill it with junk. This fits the bill perfectly. I got everything in it I need for the day, plus a little room to spare. The fact that it is sleek and clean looking is great, it's professional enough that I don't feel like a school kid when I walk into the office but it's casual enough that I can wear it with jeans at the airport. Excellent bag, I may buy another for when this eventually wears out.

Case Logic 15.6-Inch Laptop Backpack (Black) (MLBP-115BLK)
$69.99 $39.89