Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on September 4, 2012
Bought this thing for work and for on-the-go gaming. I have a newer Samsung Series 7 laptop in here (the ivy bridge/kepler one.) and I couldn't be happier.

It has plenty of space inside the main compartment for my laptop (17 inches- and still has room for more.) and the power brick (which is bigger than most.)- you could easily fit an ASUS G-Series + power supply in the main compartment.

The front of the laptop has a big nice pocket, which seems like it never fills. Currently, I have a wireless mouse (regular size), headphones, iPhone charger, x2 GoFlex portable hard drives + USB adapter, and a Storm of Swords (A big, thick, paper back book.) and I still have room for more. I am also surprised that the despite being packed the front pocket never seems to bulge.

There is also another pocket inside the main compartment, almost the flap, which fits any tablet of your choice nicely. I normally use it to tout around my WACOM tablet and iPad. They fit in there rather nicely.

The strap is good and supportive. Does not feel flimsy. I guess the material the bad is made out of is nice. Not too scratchy. Zippers function great. Never had any of them stick on me yet.

I do want to talk about, what I think, is the unsung hero of this bag. The handle. It is awesome. It straddles the line or reality and somehow is a state of squishy and firm. It feels great is all i can say. I often find myself just grabbed the handle and squishing it in my hands. It feels like a stress ball.

Overall, I think this bag does a hell of a job. And the price of the thing! Super cheap. I think you would be hard pressed to find a bag of similar quality and size at a close price point.

TL;DR This is pretty much a bag of holding (It's a D&D item. Bag of holding = a magic bag than can hold things larger than its own size.)
33 comments| 222 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 29, 2012
The item was EXACTLY as described in the ad. It is the ONLY case I found that would actually hold my 17.3 inch laptop computer. Even the store I bought my laptop at didn't have a case (affordable anyway) that would hold my laptop. The extra pockets are perfect for anything I need to take with me and I can't wait for my next airplane trip to try it out!
22 comments| 87 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 21, 2012
Case Logic's very nice 17.3 inch laptop case, fits with just enough room to spare on my new Toshiba 17.3 inch computer.
Sturdy, with strong zipper construction, good straps, and exterior flat pocket. Interior velcro-strap to secure computer in place, padded zipper closure lid with interior nylon pocket, medium-strong zipper pulls. Side walls of case are just under 3 inches tall and well padded. Carry handle is sturdy with reinforced stitching. Not afraid at all to carry my computer in this case - it is good to substantial and highly recommended.
on November 24, 2013
Case Logic makes fine products and this case is no exception. Overall fit, finish, and materials are surprisingly good for a budget case. But compared to business-class laptop cases that are feature-rich and truly rugged, this case is bare-bones and offers only minimal protection. If you expect more then you will be disappointed.

Pros:
1) Accommodates large laptops like my Asus G75VX 17.3 inch.
2) Outer pocket large enough for the power brick and some cords. Within the outer pocket are three small pockets for items like flash drives, memory cards, etc.
3) Inner pocket is good for papers, notepads, and other flat items.
4) Zippers are ok but not great.

Cons:
1) No internal frame or rigid corners... quite literally a "soft" case all around.
2) Padding is very thin, offering only minimal protection.
3) No feet or rubber pads on bottom.
4) Plastic strap clips and rings.
5) Strap rings attached to case via 2 small patches sewn to case. Better cases have belts that go completely around sides and bottom for better weight distribution and less sag.

Conclusion:
While fine for casual use, this case falls short where it counts most - protecting your laptop. For business, travel, or just better everyday protection for an expensive laptop, this case is probably not the best choice.
on September 13, 2013
My Dell 17.3" laptop fits well in the main compartment. The outer pocket is generous enough for the power cord and mouse. The bag material is very lightweight, the padding is not too substantial, and the shoulder strap "hardware" and "D" rings are plastic. So for occasional casual use, this bag functions well, but it would not be well suited for true road warriors whose bag may need to stand up to some abuse.
on November 14, 2012
My new HP dv7 17.3 in laptop fits perfectly, and there is room for all of the accessories I need to take with me.
on July 4, 2012
Purchased this for my wife's new laptop. She is pleased and has had no issues with it in the month since we purchased it. Good quality, should last her forever.
on March 31, 2016
Let's face it. You've looked around for a laptop bag that looks normal, doesn't cost an arm and a leg AND fits your ginormous laptop. Well - Look no further! This bag fit my 17 inch laptop like a glove! I've even got some wiggle room for any small USB dongles to rest comfortably! The zipper on the side has some slots for pens and what not, but don't let the width of it fool you. I was able to throw my laptop charging brick and cord in there with lots of room to spare! Take a look at the pictures I've provided. If this review helped you, feel free to give me a thumbs up!

Case Logic 17.3-Inch Laptop Case (VNCI-217)
on September 7, 2013
As of this writing, this bag has not torn (unlike the last leather case that I bought).

It wears comfortably.

Verdict: It's worth the investment.
on January 23, 2016
Very durable and light carrying case that I bought for my HP Pavilion 17.3". The handle is cushioned, the strap has a rubber part to prevent from rubbing against your shoulder, and the outside zipper compartment has plenty of space to add the charger, mouse, etc...The inside is very roomy and has a strap to strap down my laptop. I would definitely purchase again.
review image review image review image