5.0 out of 5 stars Just what my SUV needed.....
Published on February 5, 2006 by E. Smith

3.0 out of 5 stars Well made but floppy
This organizer is a good value for the money, but we would like it a lot more if the sides would stay up when it is empty. Because it folds itself down when empty, you can't simply drop items into it. You need to hold the sides up with one hand while you load the first item. If you already have something large in it (say a bag of groceries), the sides will stay up.
Published on July 7, 2010 by J. Abbott

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what my SUV needed....., February 5, 2006
E. Smith (Dallas, TX USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Case Logic Folding Cargo Bag Trunk Organizer (Automotive)
I had a small stretch cargo net that was attached to the four cargo tie down hooks in the back of my Explorer Sport SUV and it did a pretty good job of holding down a couple of gallons of milk so they wouldn't roll away but the amount of items I could slip under the stretch cargo net was limited. I needed something larger. I did my internet research and came upon the Case Logic ATO40 Folding Cargo Bag. It seemed to be what I was looking for. Case Logic was a name that I was very familiar with, the size was decent (23.25" x 13.25" x 12.25") and it has a 25 year factory warranty. How could I go wrong?

Now my Case Logic ATO40 Folding Cargo Bag sits nicely between the SUV's cargo hooks without interfering with them. The underside of the bag has factory-attached hook and loop strips (affectionately known as Velcro to us who sew) which makes the bag stick like glue to my SUV carpet. Even if I have a lightweight item in the cargo bag the bag doesn't slide all over the back of my truck. I've stuffed gallons of milk, liters of soda and six filled plastic grocery bags into the Case Logic ATO40 Folding Cargo Bag and have yet to have anything tip over. I haven't used the flap closures yet but have had opportunity to use the stretch pockets on the front which I love for small packages that might get crushed if they were put into the main compartment with larger items.

The only thing about the cargo bag that I really don't care for is the sides tend to flop down which makes the entire piece look a bit unkept. The sides are made of thick nylon fabric and have no stability rods to keep them taunt so they tend to drape into the bag when it's not packed full enough to hold the sides up. I'm sure a couple of 2 foot long flexible acrylic rods slipped into the top side interior edges of the bag would take care of that and I might eventually try that if the sides become a problem for me.

The darkness of the bag blends in with the dark gray interior of my SUV so the Case Logic ATO40 Folding Cargo Bag is not obviously visible if someone were to happen to look into the back of my truck.

All in all I am very happy with this purchase and would not hesitate to buy the Case Logic ATO40 Folding Cargo Bag again, droopy sides and all.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for organized folks, November 4, 2001
This review is from: Case Logic Folding Cargo Bag Trunk Organizer (Automotive)
This item is a great help for folks who like to keep things organized, and don't want stuff rolling around in their trunk. We keep tools, a towel to kneel or lay on if the car breaks down on the side of the road, paper towels to wipe dirty hands, jumper cables, emergency flares and triangles, etc, in it. It keeps everything neat and in one place, instead of scattered around in the car!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice replacement for cardboard..., December 14, 2001
T. Ross (United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Case Logic Folding Cargo Bag Trunk Organizer (Automotive)
These folding "bags" are great! They're actually box-shaped and make great replacements for cardboard boxes in some instances. I use them for holding lots of different things:
- groceries in the back of my pickup,
- my winter survival gear,
- unwrapped Xmas presents,
- dry goods in the pantry,
- an extra sleeping bag,
- clean socks and underwear.
The bags feature external web pockets, zipping covers, and sturdy handles. I do wish the sides were a bit stiffer since I don't need to fold them very often anyway. The lack of stiffness is the only thing that keeps these bags from being the perfect cardboard box replacement.
I bought about ten of these when they were on sale a while back. I wish I had bought at at least twice as many!

4.0 out of 5 stars The Hold-All For You Trunk, April 16, 2008
When I first got this in the mail, I thought that it was rather large, but it fit so nicely in the back of my SUV. I have mine set up vertically against the driver's side of the car and still have lots of room on the passenger side of the trunk to hold other things when I need to. I love the outside mesh pockets, which are great for holding small items. I also love that this thing can zip up with everything inside rather than leaving it open, but leaving it open is great when you are holding bulkier or tall items. I don't think that I am ever going to run out of room with this organizer as it is very spacious.

There are two cons though: 1) the velcro on the bottom doesn't really grasp the carpet in the back of my SUV. It may just be my carpet (my car is less than 6 months old); however, I have enough stuff inside that it doesn't slide around. 2) There are no internal dividers, which would be nice instead of just one large open space.

3.0 out of 5 stars Well made but floppy, July 7, 2010
J. Abbott "Zoomer" (Portland, OR - United States) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Christmas Gift For Friend, January 30, 2011
This review is from: Case Logic Folding Cargo Bag Trunk Organizer (Automotive)
I purchased this trunk organizer as a Christmas gift for a friend to use in his 2004 Ford f150. My friend seems to really like his organizer and is happy with it as a substitute for a similar unit that I use in my 2010 Ford F150. I personally like my unknown brand organizer because mine has two dividers that separate the cargo organizer into three bins for storage. Both units fold easily to be put away behind or under the rear seat in an extended cab pickup. My friend likes that his organizer has a zippered cover while my unit does not have that feature.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this ... great idea, excellent execution, April 13, 2008
D.B. Spalding (Korova Multimedia) - See all my reviews
A huge trunk bin which you can situate grocery bags in ... or camping gear ... or muddy shoes ... or that leaky garbage bag. But ... it's folding, so when not in use, it folds up origami-style into a flat square that you can stick most anywhere. The top zips up, so you can even use it to disguise valuables from would-be thieves (what they can't see, they don't knw about, and may not risk the break-in to find out about). In all, this is a bargain, and even looks nice.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tote Review, October 19, 2010
This review is from: Case Logic Folding Cargo Bag Trunk Organizer (Automotive)
Very well made, especially with the velcro tabs on the bottom that hold the tote in place if placed on a carpeted surface. Would rate it 5 stars if it would stay open by itself when you go to put something in it. It takes one person to hold it open and one person to put in the first bag. It stays open after the first bag or item is inside. I like the way the tote folds in half and has the handles above it which is very convenient to store when not in use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, January 11, 2007
This review is from: Case Logic Folding Cargo Bag Trunk Organizer (Automotive)
Great organizer bag for your SUV/Mini Van/Car. The velcro at the bottom of the bag really keeps it in place and prevents it from sliding around. The zipper closure also keeps the contents private. I highly recommend this bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very versatile organizer, December 28, 2010
This review is from: Case Logic Folding Cargo Bag Trunk Organizer (Automotive)
This organizer was a gift and the recipient was happy with it's features. Dividers in the interior might have been an improvement.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›