Customer Video Review     Length:: 2:24 Mins
This Case Logic bag is perfect for all of our new slimmed down electronics. It has room for a small laptop and a tablet device. It also smartly has a separate compartment for power cords and other loose items. My Macbook Air and iPad fit wonderfully in here with room for a few papers and other things.

My only concern is that a 13"...
Published 20 months ago by Lon J. Seidman

3.0 out of 5 stars lots of storage space, not much padding.
In the title of the product it mentioned my new Macbook pro retina, so i assumed it would be a firm fit, instead while my laptop fits there is a bit of extra room for my laptop to move around. Also not as much padding to protect as the case i have for my old laptop.
Published 17 months ago by Thomas E. Melle

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent bag for minimalist travel - just check your laptop dimensions first, November 3, 2012
This review is from: Case Logic AUA-314 14.1-Inch Laptop/ MacBook Air / Pro Retina Display and iPad Slim Case (Black) (Personal Computers)
Length:: 2:24 Mins

My only concern is that a 13" plastic Macbook fit very snugly in the bag, so you'll want to check the dimensions of your particular laptop first before purchasing. One other minor concern is that the loops for the shoulder strap are fabric, not plastic, so you'll want to be careful to not carry too much weight around in it. My Macbook Air and iPad together are only about 5 pounds or so which should be fine.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Biking Jersey of eDevice Cases, December 20, 2012
Canthespam (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have purchased several CaseLogic items over the years. In every instance, after a few years, I needed something different long before it showed appreciable signs of wear - the mark of a properly made product.

If minimizing the footprint of your current set of must-have electronic devices (smartphone, iPad, laptop and associated cords and power adapters) is the goal, this is the product of choice. There is not room for much else, though, so when you add the included shoulder strap (with its wide rubber pad) to the contents of the case, and perhaps a slim external drive, it will begin to bulge. As another reviewer noted, a pad of writing paper would feel squeezed.

My iPhone 4 is in an Otterbox and is able to slide - though snugly - into the middle of the three sub-pockets of the external section. If both a laptop and iPad were present in their designated slots of the main section, you'd probably want the iPhone in the external-most zippered pocket, where the product description tag suggests you store it for easy access. Don't be surprised if you'll need to open a zipper or two of adjacent compartments to relieve the tension, in order to slide the friction-inducing rubberized box out. Even a thin protective cover on either the laptop or iPad would prove unworkable.

Appreciated touches are padded handles which make carrying it in briefcase mode comfortable, the main compartment's dual zippers, and a luggage strap for easy wheelie attachment.

The only feature lacking is either protective padding at the top/zippered opening, or the alternative: a velcro strap to hold the contents in place - typically against the case's bottom. If you knocked your collection of devices off a table or chair, onto the top (even if it was zipped up), there is precious little padding to diffuse the blow.

As a storage case targeted for a specific set of devices, it meets its goals, with absolutely no wasted space. Minus one star for the lack of protection in the event of being struck at the top/zippered area.

4.0 out of 5 stars Attractive, slim and a good value, February 12, 2013
For some reason, it's been very hard to find a moderately priced, slim, and reasonably attractive case for a 14 inch laptop. The Case Logic AUA-314 in black fits those requirements nicely.

The case is very slim and compact. The interior pockets are very basic, but all I really need. This won't carry much besides the computer, but most of the time that's fine.

My biggest objection is the strap, it seems cheap looking though I imagine it's fine in terms of strength. It's not as nice as the strap on the other Case Logic cases I've owned. (Compare the strap for the VNA214, below, to see what I mean. The handle on the older model is better, too.)

While this case isn't meant to stop bullets, I wish there was a little more padding and reinforcement, for those times when you accidentally bump the computer.

I'm not a fan of the vertical zipper on the front pocket for the phone, it makes the pocket of limited use for anything else. Most people keep their phone attached to them, anyway. Though you could put your phone in the pocket if you wanted people to stop bothering you ...

Another good option is the Case Logic VNA214. I actually prefer the slightly larger pocket (to carry the charger), and the extra space for papers - but the gray stripes were just not what I was looking for. If those are OK for your needs, it's a better case and a better value. It's a shame Case Logic's new case isn't as well made as the old one.

The Case Logic site gives the following specs:

Size (L x W x H): 14.6 x 2.8 x 11.4 in
Fits Devices (L x W x H): 13.5 x 1.2 x 9.6 in

4.0 out of 5 stars Small but tight, October 24, 2012
Joshua Davies (Dallas, TX United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
First of all - the picture shows a shoulder strap, but mine came without one (although there are hooks where you might attach one). So be aware that you'll have to carry it like a briefcase unless you buy a separate upgrade. As for the case itself, it's perfect for my macbook pro & my ipad. There's a space in the front for an iphone, too, but there's _just enough_ space for all three. My iphone has an otter case on it (because I'm clumsy), and I can't fit it into the iphone pocket with the otter case attached. Likewise, I have exterior protectors for my macbook and my ipad, but I have to remove them to fit them into this case. The positive tradeoff there is that the case itself doesn't take up any more physical space than it absolutely needs to, which is handy when travelling. It does mean that you'll have to be extra careful handling it, though, since there's no extra padding on the inside.

The inside is divided into three sections; one is a special ipad pocket. I presume that the second section is there to separate the laptop from a pad of paper - but like I said, this case is _tight_, so you won't be able to fit a 5-subject notebook in the second pocket. There's also a front pocket with a three sub-pockets that are iphone-sized (unless they have protectors, that is). So I guess if you carry an iphone, a blackberry and an android, you're still set. There are a couple of pen-holder elastic strips. Finally, there's a zippered pocket in the very front (that makes three zippered pockets - the main one, the one on the front, and another one in front of that one!) I can't for the life of me figure out what that one might be for, though. The zipper runs vertically up the case; it's about the size of a CD, so maybe if you were travelling with a few CDs or DVD's, you could squeeze them in there, but it's not deep enough for more than about 10 or so.

One thing I like about the main pocket is that it has two zippers that meet in the middle - my current laptop case just has a single zipper, so it's a bit more of a hassle to get it open. However, the lack of a built-in shoulder strap on this case is a big deal to me - I need to have my hands free when I'm mobile.

3.0 out of 5 stars lots of storage space, not much padding., February 10, 2013
On the plus side, there is a spot for my iPad, and also a pocket with room for my power cord/brick and other extra's.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought it for a Chromebook - Perfect Fit!, August 21, 2013
Barry Belanger (Haverhill, MA USA) - See all my reviews
I purchased an ACER C710 Chromebook at Best Buy, and the "slip case" they had for it was horribly inadequate for travel. I looked at other retail stores, with no luck. This Laptop Case is the perfect fit. Nicely padded, great quality, no smell (like some other cases). The interior compartment is a nice snug fit for the Chromebook, with enough room in the exterior pockets for the power adapter and even a portable wireless device. I am very glad I made this purchase, and I'm extremely satisfied.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, except for size., May 22, 2013
This is a review for the 14.1 inch case, the 1st one I bought.

I have a Lenovo IdeaPad U410, which is a 14 inch laptop, with dimensions 13.5x9.25x0.8 in.
The advertised size it can hold is 13.5 x 9.6 x 1.2 in.

So depending how Lenovo rounded the length of its laptop, and how Case Logic rounded the length of a laptop that it can hold, there's a chance that my laptop would not fit. It did not. This was slightly disappointing for me, since I was under the impression it can hold any (thin) laptop less than 14.1 inches, but it did not fit mine. I was happy with my laptop, so I returned this case for the Case Logic AUA-316 15.6-Inch case, which I will write a separate review for.

The case itself is great. The materials used were of high quality. It is rather small, but there is definitely enough space for a laptop (within a certain size), tablet, small notepad or binder, and chargers/mice and maybe one or two more accessories.

Overall, this seems like an excellent case without an extraordinary price tag, and its 25-year warranty seems promising. However, this case was too small for me, and I urge you to check the dimensions of your laptop before buying this case. (I would suggest having at least 0.2 inch in any direction.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Double duty, October 25, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Case Logic 14.1 Inch Laptop and iPad Slim Case is a slim and light, double duty bag. It has three inside spaces. I have a 13 inch laptop and my iPad is in a slim case. Both fit easily in this case. The iPad could go in a larger space horizontally or a slimmer spot vertically. The horizontal spot is probably designed for files or papers. The dividers are not padded. On the front of the bag there is a large pocket for power cords and office supplies. In the front of that is a pocket for a phone or other small item. The bag has a detachable and adjustable carrying strap. Overall, I think it is a nice quality bag for carrying multiple electronic devices.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, January 28, 2013
More then I expected for the price. Lots of room for my Mac Book pro with a plastic cover on it, all my cables and charger.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Looking / Good Protection / Good Price, November 15, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is my third Case Logic case. I already owned the Compact Camera case and 18-Inch Laptop Case when I ordered this 14.1" case specifically for my smaller notebook. Case Logic products are really well made and do what they promise.

As with my other Case Logic cases, this new 14.1" model is good looking and sleek in styling. Multiple compartments inside and out are perfect for my notebook, iPad and accompanying cords.

One reason I like Case Logic is because the cases are well padded and protect my items without added bulk. Another reason is that you can find a case specific to just about any mobile electronic you want to carry with you. The lower price is another decided plus.

This case has a strap on the outside to secure it to my rolling suitcase. Inside was a folded shoulder strap that I pulled out and will probably never use, but it's around if needed in the future.

Rate and Discover Movies