5.0 out of 5 stars Durable, high quality CD wallet
Let's start with the outside of the wallet. The design is elegant, and minimalistic, with a slight curve down the left front side, also serving as a handgrip, and a line through the middle, along with the Case Logic logo. The zipper has a rubber tab attached to it, and it zips open and closed without any hassles. The entire wallet has a very durable feel to it...
Published on September 5, 2005 by Phillip Roncoroni

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality construction, unsuitable for intended purpose
I bought this product based on the excellent reviews it had gotten here on Amazon, but I admit that I am sorely disappointed. I bought this knowing that there was no handle as depicted on the case, so I will not count this against the product in the review.

Published on December 8, 2007 by Andrew A. Wang

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable, high quality CD wallet, September 5, 2005
This review is from: Case Logic CDE-48 48 Capacity Heavy Duty CD Wallet, Black (Electronics)

Inside, each page lets you store two CDs, or a single CD, plus notes/game manuals. Pages flip easily, and discs seem easily to slide in and out as well, at least compared to the Velocity CD wallets which were recently on sale here at Amazon with rebates.

Zipping the wallet up, turning it upside down, and banging on it, one finds that the discs stay in place, and don't slide towards the top, again, unlike the Velocity CD wallets where discs often slides towards the top just while turning pages.

All in all, this is a very well thought-out CD wallet, with a nice design, and seemingly durable construction. After I got mine, I bought two more. This product is also made in China.

5.0 out of 5 stars It Will Survive A War...And Then Some (Seriously), February 26, 2009
I've been a fan of Case Logic wallets for years; I'm generally a very active person who hauls his disks around for trips both short and long. I've owned some Caselogic wallets for 8+ years without ever having to replace it.

Such is the situation for this Case Logic wallet. I've carried it around with me in Iraq for six months now, and it generally lives to its standards. Solid and crush-resistant, very durable, the only problem I've had with it is its tendency for one or two of the plastic disc holders have ripped. But such is the case with such heavy wear/tear. If you're like me, storing both album art and CD in the same sleeve, it's what you need. It also has a side pocket on the inside front cover for me to store back inserts and/or miscellaneous excess DVD/CD material that comes with the packaging.

Buy this if you're mobile; buy it if friends tend to step on your case; buy this if through no fault of your own your cases are constantly abused. It'll survive a war and then some.

Pros:
+ Durable
+ Damage Resistant
+ Inside Pocket
+ Tear Resistant Binder Pages
Cons:
- Slightly fragile Plastic Disc Holders

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional Zippered CD Wallet, June 5, 2006
I like accessories that are functional and really work as they were intended and designed. Such is the case with this product. It holds CDs securely and safely. There is also room for accompanying booklets, manuals and the like. This CD Wallet is well thought out, functional and very durable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the car!, May 17, 2007
This fits in the small slot behind the stick shift. I had about 8 cd's there before with plastic cases that were always falling to the floor or the cases kept opeining up. This is perfect!! I love it. I slip the paper with the CD contents behind the CD. So compact and your Cd's are protected.

4.0 out of 5 stars It works out great, January 18, 2007
Product is very durable, holds alot and has been able to with stand a toddler! We bought two and will buy more in the future as we need them. Both of mine didn't come with any handles.... I wish it did. Otherwise it looks just like the picture.

5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT, January 17, 2008
It was exactly what I needed for exactly the right price. I use it for my DVD's, when I travel.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great...no handle, though., August 23, 2007
I have a couple nylon softer-sided cases. Because the sides are stiffer and bubbled out a little bit on this one, I think this one will provide a little more protection when banging around behind the seat of the car. The item I received doesn't have a handle like the one in the picture; I'm fine with that, but it's worth noting.

4.0 out of 5 stars CaseLogic 48 CD Wallet - CDE48, August 14, 2006
E. Laing "amazellen" (Tempe, AZ United States) - See all my reviews
I like this wallet, and it's semi-hard case. Although I just bought it, I believe this will have great shelf life and will stack nicely in tight places. I may store them in a file drawer, and they are the perfect size. Strong zipper, nice shell, and the pages and standard.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality construction, unsuitable for intended purpose, December 8, 2007

My main complaint is with the CD sleeves. Both the cloth and the plastic parts do not meet expectations. The cloth is extremely thin and light, and feels like I could poke my finger through it if I tried. It is almost translucent when held up to a light. Secondly, the clear plastic part of the sleeves feel low quality, like they would tear or stretch after extended use.

If this is being used for its intended purpose of carrying CDs on the go, the hard shell exterior provides adequate protection. However, since the sleeves are of such low quality, my CDs fall out if the case gets shaken a bit. And, just to reiterate, there is no handle as shown in the product image.

Pros:
-Cheap
-Hard shell
-Zipper

Cons:
-Flimsy CD sleeves
-CDs tend to come out of sleeves
-No handle

I instead recommend
Bankers Box 64-CD Capacity Wallet with Built-In Cleaning Cloth, Faux Leather, Black 85129 / FEL85129, which I also own, as it is much higher quality and is still suitable for on the go CD carrying.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice little case, March 9, 2006
This is a nice little case. The cover is heavy duty. the pages are just typical vinyl not real great but they do hold up.

Case Logic CDE-48 48 Capacity Heavy Duty CD Wallet, Black