Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Case Logic CDE-72 72 Capacity Heavy Duty CD Wallet (Blue)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Drowners Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Size: 72|Color: Blue|Change

VINE VOICEon September 5, 2005
Let's start with the outside of the wallet. The design is elegant, and minimalistic, with a slight curve down the left front side, also serving as a handgrip, and a line through the middle, along with the Case Logic logo. The zipper has a rubber tab attached to it, and it zips open and closed without any hassles. The entire wallet has a very durable feel to it.

Inside, each page lets you store two CDs, or a single CD, plus notes/game manuals. Pages flip easily, and discs seem easily to slide in and out as well, at least compared to the Velocity CD wallets which were recently on sale here at Amazon with rebates.

Zipping the wallet up, turning it upside down, and banging on it, one finds that the discs stay in place, and don't slide towards the top, again, unlike the Velocity CD wallets where discs often slides towards the top just while turning pages.

All in all, this is a very well thought-out CD wallet, with a nice design, and seemingly durable construction. After I got mine, I bought two more. This product is also made in China.
11 comment|284 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 26, 2009
I've been a fan of Case Logic wallets for years; I'm generally a very active person who hauls his disks around for trips both short and long. I've owned some Caselogic wallets for 8+ years without ever having to replace it.

Such is the situation for this Case Logic wallet. I've carried it around with me in Iraq for six months now, and it generally lives to its standards. Solid and crush-resistant, very durable, the only problem I've had with it is its tendency for one or two of the plastic disc holders have ripped. But such is the case with such heavy wear/tear. If you're like me, storing both album art and CD in the same sleeve, it's what you need. It also has a side pocket on the inside front cover for me to store back inserts and/or miscellaneous excess DVD/CD material that comes with the packaging.

Buy this if you're mobile; buy it if friends tend to step on your case; buy this if through no fault of your own your cases are constantly abused. It'll survive a war and then some.

Pros:
+ Durable
+ Damage Resistant
+ Inside Pocket
+ Tear Resistant Binder Pages
Cons:
- Slightly fragile Plastic Disc Holders
77 comments|127 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 5, 2006
I like accessories that are functional and really work as they were intended and designed. Such is the case with this product. It holds CDs securely and safely. There is also room for accompanying booklets, manuals and the like. This CD Wallet is well thought out, functional and very durable.
on July 21, 2010
It is like 3 jewel cases height.

Overall, I am still happy with it.

Will try to upload a picture that show the height/deep of it.
review image
VINE VOICEon May 17, 2007
This fits in the small slot behind the stick shift. I had about 8 cd's there before with plastic cases that were always falling to the floor or the cases kept opeining up. This is perfect!! I love it. I slip the paper with the CD contents behind the CD. So compact and your Cd's are protected.
33 comments|55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 23, 2007
I have a couple nylon softer-sided cases. Because the sides are stiffer and bubbled out a little bit on this one, I think this one will provide a little more protection when banging around behind the seat of the car. The item I received doesn't have a handle like the one in the picture; I'm fine with that, but it's worth noting.
on January 18, 2007
Product is very durable, holds alot and has been able to with stand a toddler! We bought two and will buy more in the future as we need them. Both of mine didn't come with any handles.... I wish it did. Otherwise it looks just like the picture.
on January 17, 2008
It was exactly what I needed for exactly the right price. I use it for my DVD's, when I travel.
on December 29, 2015
I have had this case for almost two years now and it looks as good as new! It does a great job at protecting and organizing my CDs. The outer cover is sturdy and thick. The polypropylene prosleeves help keep dirt and dust away to prevent scratching of delicate surfaces of CDs. I was worried about the inside pockets being thin in the beginning but they have held up nicely. I would recommend this CD case without any hesitation. It is the best one I have used so far.
review image review image review image review image
on August 9, 2012
I was a little leery of getting this case because of some of the bad to mediocre reviews. Now that I did get it, I'm not sure what most of those reviewers were on about. This is a gorgeous case! When I first saw it, I wasn't sure it could actually carry 72 CDs. It has such a nice streamlined design, that it just looks too small and slim for that much of a load. But it does carry it and does it beautifully.

The dimensions posted in the description are not accurate. It is actually 11.5 x 6.5 x 2.5 inches. Very compact for the application.

No the shell is not rock hard plastic, but that's a plus, because rock hard plastic is also brittle plastic - it would break if you were to drop it. Hard plastic would also possibly damage your CDs if it were dropped. This product has a semi rigid shell that will withstand shock and soften the blow to the contents, should it ever be dropped.

Overall, it is very well designed and all the materials are all quality +++. The color is a beautiful deep blue. The zipper is heavy duty, very nice and strong and moves smoothly. It is black, as are the rivets at the back of the case. The zipper has a very nice black and blue tag solidly attached to it, which puts a nice finish on the blue/black theme. While the tag on my unit is not rubber, as reported by one of the reviewers, it does have a nice solid grip feel to it, even though it's made of vinyl. A rubber grip might be a good idea, though it might break down faster than the vinyl would.

The sleeves inside are very nice too, with scratch-proof liners and thumb holes in the plastic sleeves to make it easy to slide the CDs in and out without grappling with them and leaving fingerprints all over the edges of the discs. The sleeves hold the CDs solidly, even when I turned the closed case upside down and banged it on its edge solidly, several times. All 68 CDs I had inserted stayed put. Not one came even loose at all. Yet, it is very easy to slide the CDs in and out with one hand, when I need them. Overall, the inserts and sleeves feel like good quality and should last a long time, if not abused.

All in all, this is a beautiful case in every way and I look forward to getting many years of use out of it. I recommend it highly.