Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Gear Up for Football Baby Sale

Case Logic CPL-108BK Backpack for DSLR Camera and iPad, Black
Color: BlackChange
Price:$54.99+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

VINE VOICEon March 19, 2013
Color: GrayVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
For many years, I've bought and carried JanSport Backpacks (JanSport Classic SuperBreak Backpack) because they are strong, sturdy and have a long life. When I received this Case Logic CPL-108GY Backpack, I wanted to test its durability. First, I removed all the padded compartments/dividers and used it to carry novels, notebooks, pencil pouches, etc., to work, church, and most everywhere I go. For nearly four months, I have carried this backpack faithfully every day. The zippers, buckles and seams have remained intact. None have torn or ripped apart.

I own numerous electronic devices including several digital cameras, a portable DVD player, a portable film projector, portable Bluetooth speaker, and several wireless headphones. The Case Logic CPL-108GY Backpack makes it easy to carry all of these. The padded compartments/dividers inside the backpack are easy to remove and reinsert. There is a diagram that comes with the backpack; it explains every part of the backpack, which has a multitude of compartments and pockets--more than I will ever use. If you lose the diagram, there is one on Amazon's website for this product.

I took this backpack with me when I photographed animals at the Norfolk Zoo. I own a Canon EOS Rebel T3 12.2 MP CMOS Digital SLR ], which my parents bought me for Christmas two years ago. I was able to carry extra flash memory cards ] inside slots that are provided for them. Thankfully, this backpack has its own blue weather hood. It began raining rather hard at the zoo. I was able to put the hood over the backpack with little difficulty.

I highly recommend the Case Logic CPL-108GY Backpack for carrying all your electronics. It is strong, durable, sturdy and should last many years with proper treatment. It reminds me very much of my JanSport Backpacks, which I have always bought. I gave a CPL-108GY Backpack to my girlfriend, Tammy, who is an amateur photographer, for Valentine`s Day. She also likes it very much because of its multitude of compartments/dividers. Also, she said it was lightweight, but strong, compared to other backpacks she has purchased.

Joseph B. Hoyos
VINE VOICEon October 25, 2012
Color: GrayVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a medium sized camera backpack.. a perfect size for my amateur needs. I don't want something huge, but need something to travel with that has room for my camera, a lense, and some other non-photography related stuff. I like the protected sleeve for the tablet!

I also like that this doesn't have a huge logo advertising Nikon or other big camera name...proclaiming that I have an expensive camera on board. This looks like a generic backback.

One feature it doesn't have, is a sling option with rapid access to the camera. I like the sling bags that you wear over one shoulder and you can rotate horizontally in front of you for fast access to a camera from a door on the side. Some bags allow you to convert to this configuration. This one does not.

The internal padding is of good quality and very flexible with regard to changing configuration. There is room for all my gear if I need it (I am a casual photographer) including an SLR, extra lense, flash, sd cards and batteries. You can attach a tripod to the outside if you want.

There is a rain cover that is easy to get to and stretch over the bag.. a very nice feature. I am not sure how water repellent the bag itself is without the cover.. not something I want to test!

The best features though for me are that it is fairly compact, anonymous, and has room for everything a traveling amateur photographer needs. This is perfect to take with when being a tourist and wanting access to your camera, accessories, travel book, snacks etc etc.
VINE VOICEon October 22, 2012
Color: GrayVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I've been eyeballing the SLRC-206 backpack from Case Logic for a while now so when this new one came up on the vine for review I jumped at it hoping it would be a substitute.
While I haven't actually used the SLRC-206 based on the video and pictures I can say that they are definitely not comparable.
This bag (The CPL-108) seems to be geared towards light loads and less rugged use. The SLRC line of bags seems to be more geared towards hard usage and larger loads. I own the SLRC-203 bag and the features on that line that differ includes things like molded EVA bases for setting it down in mud or water, a sling system for holding your camera suspended and thicker foam dividers.

So let me talk about what this backpack does have and why you might want it.
First of all it's got plenty of room for your DSLR with at least 3 medium size lenses. By medium I'm talking the 55-250mm telephoto standards but not those big ol' Cannon Nat Geo style bazooka lenses. Alternatively you could have 2 lenses (one on the camera) and a speed light with a couple of accessories.
I've got a Rebel T3i with the 18-55 kit lens in it right now and the center section still has plenty of room. On the sides of the main compartment I have a set of Macro extension rings, the battery charger and the cord along with a medium sized pocket rocket. Still with room for a few small items, could probably squeeze a speed light in the same compartment as the pocket rocket since the chambers are kind of deep.

At the top of that same compartment there is a set of pouches that could hold 2 SD cards in cases or more if you dropped the cases and just slipped in the cards. There's also a thin pocket on the inside of the flap for something like a grey card or an X-rite system.

There's a large chamber in the top that I'm keeping my flash diffuser in right now but I could actually fit a few more small items in it if I wanted.

The pouch for a tablet is right behind your back. The bag is advertised for iPads but I have a Galaxy tab 2 10.1 with a leather case in there and if fits perfectly. I was a little sketchy about that placement thinking it would be really uncomfortable but once I slipped the pack on it was actually really nice. There's just enough padding to keep it soft and the stiffness helps keep my posture (at least it seems that way).

There is a small side pocket that looks like it would work for a phone or a small point and shoot and in a secondary smaller pouch on the back there are slots for a lens pen and maybe more thin accessories like a book, some lens cloths or a really compact reflector.

The weather proofing is a cool little pouch that stuffs up in the bottom of the pack between you and the tablet/iPad. You just pull it out and stretch it around the bag and fasten some Velcro straps behind your shoulder straps and it's on. This could seriously be done in seconds, it's really easy which is nice since I imagined trying to do this as your walking and it starts raining. You're gunna want to get that sucker on without any fuss and I feel like I could.

There are straps for a light weight tripod or mono-pod, don't expect to carry anything heavy duty.

The carry straps are all there. You've got the shoulder straps, with a chest strap and a waist strap as well. You could snug this bag up tight and run with it without worrying about it bouncing around.

All-in-all it's a low profile lightweight pack that would definitely work well for a fast pack and go style rig.

I haven't field tested this pack yet but will soon and I'll write back to let you know how it holds up. I'm a pretty rough user since most of my shoots are run n gun indoor and outdoor in the same session. The build seems to be really sturdy, which is definitely the case with the SLRC line as well. So far I'm surprisingly impressed with Case Logic's camera bags.

All that said the way I would probably recommend this pack is for the lightweight street photog. Someone who has a general idea of what they'll be shooting and where; and doesn't need to carry their whole rig along with them.
I don't like that you have to take the pack off and open the whole thing to get at your camera. There's really no "quick-access" built into this one like there is the SLRC line and with a pack like this that seems even more necessary since this seems to be geared towards a street style shooter who might need to grab the camera on a whim. But again, if you know where you're going and don't need a big set-up this would be a very practical pack.

PROS:
Lightweight
Comfortable
Slot for iPad or 10 inch tablet
Rain cover goes on quick and easy
Low profile
Good space for a small to small-medium size load.
Carry straps for securing the bag to your torso and avoiding bounce.
Solid build

CONS:
No "quick access" to your camera.
After having the EVA base on my bag (SLRC-203), I feel like this should be standard on all Case Logic camera bags and packs.

CONCLUSION:
For a lightweight, no-frills scenario this would be ideal and I will probably use it for that pretty often since I live in DC and like to have my DSLR with me when we're out. Having a place to store my tablet allows me to pop the mini-sd out of the camera adapter and into the tablet for review and do minor edits on the fly which is a really nice consideration. Rain proofing is a huge plus.
For a day out with your DSLR not really knowing what you're after or knowing what you'll be doing but only needing a light rig, this is a great pack.
Solid construction and comfortable. I trust my camera in it and will use it frequently. With the exception of having quick access, it definitely beats a standard bag for carrying your gear.
If you're a pro and on your way to a shoot where you'll need several lenses, speed lights and other gear you'll want to look at something larger. Hardcore nature photogs... eeesh, I'd say try to find one in a retail store and seriously consider whether or not it would hold up to your kind of abuse. If it will, I think you'll really like the feel and weight.

If I have any revelations as I use it more I update.
on February 28, 2013
I've always been a big Case Logic fan. I've just always preferred their features, build quality and look. I've bought numerous CL case & bags over the years for that reason.

This bag perfectly (and conveniently) holds;

(2) camera bodies, Panasonic G5, Olympus E-PL5
Four lenses, including a 300mm zoom. Two of the lenses were usually attached to the camera bodies at any given time.
Two chargers & cables
External flash & electronic viewfinder
Misc equipment (SD cards, LED light, mini tripod, etc)
Kindle Fire HD

There's also a side strap to carry a full-sized tripod and a weather proof cover that stores in it's own pouch.

The interior compartments are highly configurable using velcro tabs.

I just returned from a week long trip and the bag performed perfectly. It held the equipment firmly, was relatively small and easy to handle (important in close quarters, like a baseball game), good looking but generic enough not to draw attention.

Highly recommended.
on July 2, 2014
Fits my DSLR w/ 35-50mm lens plus large flash, 70-300mm lens, case with xtra flash cards and more. Just wish the upper pocket (that I use for personal items), was a bit larger, and it would be nice if there was a place for a water bottle. With that said, this is the first pack I have come across that comfortably fits my camera stuff without being a huge pack.
VINE VOICEon November 12, 2012
Color: GrayVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Whether or not you have enough accessories to take up each slot that this full-sized pack provides, this tote is great for leaving hands free while carrying equipment weight comfortably centered on the back. It's perfect for the fully-equipped photographer's needs as well.

This pack is large, so it would be wise for the non-mobile photographer to consider something smaller, unless equipment needs justify this much storage. This pack has enough capacity to keep all equipment in one place at home for me.

The easily adjustable shoulder straps are contour cut and they are equipped with tidy-up Velcro strips for the loose adjustment strap excess. I have a very comfortable fit with plenty of strap to spare. I like the mesh pillows at the top and bottom of the pack, which allow air between the back and the tote.

There is enough storage for camera, flash and three short lenses within the main compartment alone. Then there remains a separate, twelve ounce aluminum can sized compartment that zips open from the top, too. The memory card pouches close securely, and make a great stash for a hot shoe cover as well. A weather hood tucks away inside of a pouch, accessible from the bottom of the pack.

Though I do not own an iPad or any other tablet computer, I still find the iPad compartment convenient to carry a thin book - anything too thick would bulge the pack; product documentation can fit in there nicely as well.

The padding is sufficient to keeps things safe and the interior dividers are adjustable. This outstanding pack offers the same convenience and features of more costly competing brands.
VINE VOICEon November 18, 2012
Color: GrayVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
As the owner of a Case Logic SLRC-206, I'm a big fan of the company's camera bags. This model is even better than the bag I purchased. Like its big brother, it's comfortable, has good padding, and has excellent protective compartments in the main body that are customizable. The side velcro-slot is great for a monopod. As advertised, the back compartment has enough room for an iPad or other tablet. Unlike its big brother, it has a weather sleeve just in case you get caught in rain or snow.

If you have a small DSLR or camcorder setup for run-and-gun shooting, this bag is an outstanding choice. It's light and comfortable, while providing a good degree of protection and the convenience of a protective compartment for a tablet.
on November 18, 2013
It's a nice enough backpack if you have a small load and don't need it to be rugged. It's much smaller than I expected. I have a manfrotto 055x tripod (a medium sized tripod) and the tripod strap doesn't come close to fitting it. The tripod strap is really only big enough to accommodate a small monopod. I feel like the description of this was misleading. So unfortunately this bag fails for me, I'll be sending it back.
on October 24, 2012
Color: GrayVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This case logic bag is useful to carry your SLR camera with additional lenses, batteries and SD cards etc. The bag is a bit smaller than a 15inch laptop bag, has padding on all sides and several velcro-attached compartments in the main compartment. At the back of the bag, there is a zipper sleeve to hold the ipad. Similarly, there are lots of dedicated compartments for different things. The velcro-attached compartments can be resized a bit according to what you store. Overall, a very nice bag for pro photographers that carry their SLR and lenses, charger, batteries etc; a tad big for regular SLR users.
on January 13, 2015
Great smaller pack that holds a bunch.
I fit a Canon 60D with 18-135mm attached, 70-200 f/4L, 17-40 f/4L, 1.4x TC, 50mm 1.8, and 6.5mm fisheye lens in the main storage compartment with all the filters, and accessories in the other compartments along with my tablet in the back. You can also attach a light tripod to the side to complete a kit for a day's shooting.