5.0 out of 5 stars Durable bag that's not just for video cameras
Customer Video Review     Length:: 3:20 Mins
In this quick video review I show you the features of the Case Logic bag, and show you that it's not just for video cameras but actually fits my Canon PowerShot very nicely.

5 out of 5 stars for what the produce is designed to do.

Published on June 24, 2010 by Heath Buckmaster

3.0 out of 5 stars Much smaller than the picture leads you to believe
This bag is very small. I can barely fit my camcorder into it. The picture had me thinking it was larger, but that is probably my fault for not investigating more before my purchase. The overall quality is good, but I wish it was larger.
Published on March 15, 2012 by rktatum24

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable bag that's not just for video cameras, June 24, 2010
This review is from: Case Logic DCB-305 Compact System/Hybrid/Camcorder Kit Bag (Black) (Electronics)
Length:: 3:20 Mins

5 out of 5 stars for what the produce is designed to do.

Great for small video cameras, prosumer digital cameras, but not for larger SLR style cameras with interchangeable lenses.

4.0 out of 5 stars Case Logic DCB-305 Camcorder Case - Basic Features But Functional & Roomy, September 23, 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Case Logic DCB-305 Camcorder Bag is a nice functional case that is much roomier than its compact breathren, like the Case Logic DCB-303 Vertical Flash Camcorder Case or the Case Logic DCB-304 High/Fixed Zoom Camera Case. What it gains in storage capacity it loses slightly in terms of functionality.

As you can see from the photo, this unit includes the standard orange accents and logo typical of Case Logic gear. The slightly larger size makes the DCB-305 a better choice for older or larger hand-held camcorders and cameras, but a few minor features that are missing make the 303 or 304 more attractive for certain situations.

PROS:
++ Good size to fit accessories along with your camera, and also to store your compact camera horizontally
++ High-quality ballistic polyester and nylon fabric exterior is both durable and attractive
++ Larger size and squared bottom makes it easier to stand up
++ Easily accomodates larger handheld camcorders like the Canon VIXIA, Panasonic HDC-TM700K, Sanyo VPC-FH1A, Sony HDR-CX550V and others
++ Also accomodates older compact camcorders or mid-range digital cameras that tend to be on the larger side
++ Nice orange cushion divider allows you to store some large accessories in the main compartment
++ Zippered side pockets are roomy enough for many accessories, including cables, lens caps & more
++ Nice zippered pocket on the top inside flap for memory cards or small batteries
++ Convenient plastic D-ring hooks for a shoulder strap and built in soft handle give you carrying options
++ Functional plastic zippers that don't snag
++ Rubber coated zipper pulls are attractive and functional

CONS:
-- Lacks the sewn-in rear loop that allows the 303 or 304 to be easily looped onto a backpack shoulder strap or belt
-- Shoulder strap is perhaps too skinny, enough so that you may want to consider another
-- For the size, it could use a few extra pockets or flaps on the front or inside
-- Placement of the internal cushion divider makes it difficult to squeeze in a desktop tripod
-- Lacks a smaller thinner accessory divider like the DCB-303
-- May be too big for some very compact camcorders; explore the DCB-303 or DCB-304 for those

CONCLUSION

This bag is roomy and functional, but some design elements are missing compared to the more compact Case Logic bags. The sewn-in rear loop was probably left out because of the size of this bag, but I still could have used it. Along with a few more pockets, this bag would have been ideal for me. It's still great for larger units and I recommend it. Just make sure it suits your camcorder or camera model.

Enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Interior Dimensions, March 21, 2013
Interior dimensions of the bag (Maximized--with non-removable accessory divider pushed against interior wall):
Length: 15cm / 5.9"
Width: 8cm / 3.1"
Height: 9cm / 3.5"

Interior dimensions of the bag (Minimized--with non-removable accessory divider extended):
Main compartment:
Length: 7cm / 2.7"
Width: 8cm / 3.1"

Accessory area:
Length: 6.5cm / 2.5"
Width: 7cm / 2.7"

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty much perfect for my mini camcorder, July 2, 2012
First for a frame of reference I'm writing this as a novice HD camcorder user who purchased this for a Panasonic HC-V700. This is the second camcorder that I've owned but the first one made in the last ten years. This reveiw is written with the novice in mind - professionals will likely not even look at this case.

Size & Space: I'll get right to it. For this camcorder this is about as perfect a size as you're going to get for the following reasons. 1) You can insert the camcorder battery-down (or lens down if you prefer) within the small red flexible pad. This allows the camera to be surrounded on all sides and will keep it away from other items in the bag. Additionally the camera won't toss about in the bag - key as it's important to keep your prized posession secure!. 2) The remaining space in the main compartment allows you to carry items that can be jostled a bit without fear of damage to you or your camcorder. Within the main compartment I have a plug-in travel charger, car adapter, USB cable and could easily carry a spare battery or two. The zipper at the top of the case (located inside the top flap) is great for carrying a few extra SD cards, so that's what I do. Outside compartments can carry batteries, the shoe adapter and other small items you may need - the key word being small. I dont' feel that this has any wasted space; it's possible that someone could actaully carry the AC adaptor for this camcorder in the main compartment with proper packing. Five stars for this feature.

Protection: Let's be honest here this is not a Zero Halliburton camera case, but it's not priced like one. It will protect your camera from your day-to-day knocks rather nicely and the hand strap is sturdy enough for the size/weight you should put in the bag. If you carry a shotput, well then you shouldn't look at this bag. Three and a half stars for protection here.

Convenience/Layout: The shoulder strap is nothing to write home about but it gets the job done. The carrying handle is more sturdy but this is after all a lightweight case that (I feel) is made for casual camcorder users - filming the kids at soccer practice, family events, that sort of thing. The bag can clip to a larger one if you so choose should you not wish to use the shoulder strap. The small compartments on the outside are very easy to reach without looking so as long as you keep your batteries in the same place you'll find this layout makes sense. The interior layout is semi-flexible, allowing for you to carry your SLR or mini-camcorder...but not at the same time. Batteries, film (remember that stuff kids?) and memory cards can all be found quickly with this layout. One additional thing that I personally appreciate - there is a single pull zipper on each compartment. If you're a beginner the first time you *don't* open this bag the wrong way (because you pretty much can't) you'll know what I'm talking about. Four stars for this portion.

Overall - this is a smartly priced bag that is great for carrying that small HD camcorder. While it's not truly perfect it's pretty close to it in my book so if you're like me - and you're new to the digital camcorder world - grab this bag to put your new camera into. You'll be glad you did.

Update: Now that I've used this for several months I have to say that this case has been just what I needed. This includes:

- Going to a fan convention for a day in Baltimore. Even with large crowds I never felt that it was difficult to manage teh case or the items within. I carried it around for about six hours while shooting video and was able to switch batteries with ease.

- A recent trip to Cornell (just a couple days before this update) I took a 'puddle jumper' into Ithaca. I was forced to put this case (and my camera!) inside my garment bag and could not take it inside the cabin (a Dash-8 is a small propeller plane). No damage, no fuss, no worries.

I would buy this case again if I had the choice.

3.0 out of 5 stars Much smaller than the picture leads you to believe, March 15, 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Very snug, great for my Panasonic FZ100, April 13, 2011
If your looking at this for a superzoom camera with few accessories it is perfect. My Panasonic FZ100 fits in nice and snug, and also fits extra battery, cables, lenses, memory cards etc.

However it is a lot smaller than that it looks in the picture. I can't fit everything in there, I have to choose between cables or charger. But not really an issue because I'm taking it travelling and will have my backpack with me to carry the extras.

If you want to carry everything i.e. macro/tele lens, plus charger and cables you will want something bigger.

Hope this helps

Happy snapping :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bag, January 15, 2014
It fits my EM5 Olympus with standard lenses nicely. But not for big lenses or bigger cameras I think. It is well made and I really like the style. The pockets are usable for small items such as SD cards.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not too big, not too small., January 1, 2012
A. ROSSETTI "Tony" (Worcester, MA United States) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my Canon VIXIA HF R20 Full HD Camcorder with 8GB Internal Flash Memory (Black). It fits the camera, charger and battery with not much room to spare. You can't really tell from the picture the size of the bag but for me it is the perfect size, not too bulky to carry around with you and feels safe enough to protect your camera if you happen to drop it. The case itself is well made and looks nice. It a divider inside to separate your charge from your camera. I am happy with my purchase and would recommend this product to a friend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for small camcorders, June 21, 2010
Silea (Pacific Northwest) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm using this with my Samsung SMX-C20 Ultra Compact "Touch of Color" Camcorder with 10x Optical Zoom (Red), and if anything, this tiny little camcorder bag is a little too roomy. The Samsung fits in the slot in the main pocket that seems to be designed for cables, but that's fine.

This case measures, on the outside, about 8 inches by 6 inches by 4 inches. It's small, smaller than it looks in the picture provided above. There's maybe a half inch of padding all around, so it keeps your camera safe from any reasonable jostling. The little side pockets are great for carrying the cable to connect your camera to your computer/TV, and there's an inside zipper pocket for storing spare memory cards, lens wipes, and the like. Depending on the size of your camcorder, there should be plenty of space in the main pocket for your camcorder, power cable (which doesn't fit in any of the smaller pockets), and even a micro tripod and other small accessories.

The shoulder strap seems a little flimsy, but everything else feels solid and strong.

Also, their idea of 'red' is my idea of 'orange', so don't buy this just to match your favorite blouse.

In all, a solid, sturdy bag for small camcorders, with plenty of room for accessories.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well with all Canon Vixia HF M series camcorders, January 28, 2013
Am currently using it for my Canon Vixia HF M50 camcorder and is the right fit. Actually has a lil more space for the charger to take with.

ARRAY(0xa1c4b33c)

Case Logic DCB-305 Compact System/Hybrid/Camcorder Kit Bag (Black)
$27.99 $9.89