Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
இ Fuzzy Wuzzy's Summary:
ѾѾѾ Somewhat recommended, with reservations and only lukewarm fuzzies.

I love using SLR camera holster bags like this for shorter day outings where I do not want to be weighed down more by the bulk of a larger shoulder camera bag, camera backpack, or camera sling bag. As long as you are not needing to carry multiple camera bodies or lenses, camera holsters are perfect for shoot-and-scoot situations like walking tours of a city, hiking in the woods or mountains, and social gatherings with family or friends.

This is a very basic camera holster in very crowded price range filled with better options. The primary reason that I rated this holster only 3 stars is that, in the $20-$30 price range, there are better offerings from Case Logic, Lowepro, and Tamrac, among others. This is a nicely made holster. But once you also consider the other holster options in this price range, this holster looks to be fairly "average". With internal dimensions of 5.7"x4.6"x6.25", I can snugly fit my Canon 7D and 17-55mm f/2.8 lens (without a battery grip, but with a tripod plate attached). So your non-full-frame SLR camera will likely fit inside this, unless you are using a battery grip or require it to hold a 70-200mm lens. There are two zippered pockets on each side of the holster, and another zippered pocket on the inside of the zippered lid. The padding around all sides of this holster is adequate and comparable to other camera holsters. The bottom of the holster is padded thicker than the sides, and that is a good thing since the bulk of the camera weight may be resting on it.

All zippers and stitching are high quality. But the top grab handle is only secured with one line of stitching on each side, and I think that the stitching of this top grab handle could become loose over time with repeated grabbing and lifting by that handle.

The holster comes with a very basic 1-inch wide unpadded shoulder strap. A simple unpadded shoulder strap like this is fine for carrying a compact SLR or point-and-shoot camera. But it becomes more uncomfortable on your shoulder when carrying around a larger, heavier SLR camera for extended periods. This lack of padding and rubbing of the strap can be especially apparent if you are just wearing a thin shirt, blouse, or t-shirt.

The shoulder strap uses plastic clips that secure to the holster's plastic D-rings. While I prefer metal D-rings instead of plastic D-rings for durability, I really dislike these kinds of plastic clips when used on a holster like this where you may be frequently clipping and unclipping the shoulder strap, depending upon whether you want to attach the holster to your belt or sling it around your shoulder. Over time, the plastic clip can fatigue and bend or break with repeated use by pressing down on the plastic. This will not be an issue if you always leave the shoulder strap attached to the holster, but it is something to consider.

Within this price range and staying with the Case Logic brand, I think that their Caselogic SLRC-201 SLR Zoom Holster (Black) is a far better holster than this one. It has a larger internal dimensions of 6.3"x4.7"x6.9" than this holster, and includes a shoulder strap that is generously padded around your shoulder. But on that holster, even though I like its shoulder strap clips better than the totally plastic clips used on this holster, its shoulder strap clips onto fabric loops instead of metal or plastic D-rings. I prefer D-rings over a fabric loop for clipping a shoulder strap onto.

Within this price range and looking at other competing products, you should also consider the Lowepro "Toploader Zoom" line of holsters. I like their designs better than this holster because they offer more useful storage pockets, and their "AW" All-Weather models come with a rain cover that fully protects the holster in case it rains. You will get a temporary amount of rain protection using this Case Logic holster (e.g. for darting across parking lots during a heavy rain), but the water will soak through the zippers and seams. Some people do not think about how rainproof their camera case will be... until they get caught out in the open during a torrential downpour. To protect my investment in three camera bodies and seven lenses, I only buy camera holsters, backpacks, sling bags, and shoulder bags that offer full rain protection for my SLR cameras. If you carry your expensive SLR camera around as much as I do, then you will realize that you do not have to live in the Pacific Northwest to eventually get rained upon unexpectedly.

If you have a SLR camera that costs many hundreds of dollars or more, you may want to go beyond this price range for a better holster. In the $50-$100 price range, I am a big fan of the Think Tank "Digital Holster" and Lowepro "Toploader Pro" holsters. Both of these product lines come with top-notch design and build quality, flexible storage options, heavy-duty comfortably padded shoulder straps with metal snap clips that attach to metal D-rings, rain protection, and an expandable component-based approach that lets you attach various pouches and cases to the holster (for example, to attach a pouch containing your flash, other lens cases, or even attach a travel-sized tripod to the holster).

Case Logic makes a wide variety of great protective cases, and I have bought various Case Logic cases over the years, including their cassette tape carrying cases during the 1980s. But if you had to buy just one holster for your SLR camera, I do think that there are better options for about the same price as this one. An expensive SLR camera deserves a better holster or carrying case than a $100 point-and-shoot camera.
55 comments| 94 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 20, 2012
My Nikon D3100 fits very well in this bag with room to spare in the main compartment. Extra room is a little too much though. Main compartment is bigger than the camera with the kit lens fitted. I use some air-bags to fill the gaps and they work excellent (amazon sends air-bags in the packing and they are STRONG). The two pockets on both sides are enough to keep the charger, data cable, extra bits like lens cover etc and still there is room to spare. Strap is large enough and the bag never shows a sign of being weak. It is a strong bag and should last long.
on January 9, 2014
I got a new D3200 SLR and it came with a pretty big bag (enough room to store an extra lens & other accessories), but I was looking for something lighter and smaller to carry around with me hiking/snow shoeing/camping etc. This case fits my D3200 with either a 18-55mm or a 55-200mm lens. There are also little pockets that you could store an extra SD card and battery, which is nice. It's a good bag, I was just hoping it'd still be a little smaller (not that a smaller bag would actually fit the camera, so I think my hopes are a little unfair!). I would recommend this to someone looking to easily carry their SLR around without too many other accessories on them.

Feel free to leave questions and I will gladly answer them.
on June 10, 2013
I have a Fuji film HS50EXR, which has a 24mm to 1000mm zoom lens and this holster fits perfectly.
Pros: Highest quality
Has extra zippered pockets for extra lenses, cords, cleaning cloths etc.
Has shoulder strap, belt strap and handle so you can carry as you will
Has adequate cushioning to protect the camera
Cons: NONE
44 comments| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 2, 2013
Normally, I take my ThinkTank Urban Disguise 60 V2.0 when I go away on business because it can hold my SLR, a bunch of lenses, some paperwork and my laptop, but when I go away for pleasure I really don't need much more than my SLR with 17-50mm lens, spare battery, charger and a few SD cards.

This case securely fit my Sony A57 with Tamron SP 17-50mm lens, ThinkTank Camera Strap and 2 packets of silica desiccant in the main compartment. I was able to fit a cushy SanDisk SD card wallet (1.5" x 1.5") with 2 spare SD cards in their plastic case in the zippered pocket located inside the case on the flap. The one outside zippered compartment housed my spare battery and charger and the other was home to some Zeiss lens wipes and spare lens caps.

I believe this case will do a very good job protecting your gear from the occasional bumps of everyday life, but I am not sure it would keep anything from breaking if the case were to fall off your shoulder and land on concrete or other hard surface. There just isn't that much padding on the bottom.

Overall, this case is perfect when you don't want to lug all your gear.
on October 8, 2012
I needed a light small case to carry my Nikon d5100 in, and this is perfect, it's small, light, has plenty of extra pockets, I'm not sure if you can fit a lens in the side pockets but I have read that it is possible, I haven't tested it yet, I can however fit my backup camera a Samsung PL-120 while in it's own Samsung case in the side pocket, I am also able to fit my Nikon lens pen and remote and sd cards in the pocket in the top flap, so it's very convenient and compact.

This case is well made, it feels and looks good, the strap that you get with it does leave something to be desired, it's just a simple adjustable strap, very thin and semi-uncomfortable, but you can replace that easily. There is also a loop on the back of this bag so a belt or strap for hip wear can be looped through it. I am happy with this purchase and I would definitely recommend it for a backup bag or even a travel bag.

The only CON I see is the little thing strap that comes with it. But for the price this is a great value.
review image review image
on May 18, 2013
I have a Nikon D3100 and fits my DSLR, the charger, among another things...Highly recomended!!!

I couldn't expect something better for the price!
on November 30, 2015
I bought this for my trip to Southern Africa to hold my Coolpix P900. The camera fit perfectly and the three pouches, one inside and two outside were just right to hold my extra storage disks and my two extra batteries and the battery charger. I made good use of the belt holder loop in conjunction with the shoulder strap when I was doing some long distance hikes. It could not have worked any better and it is rugged enough to last a long time
on February 18, 2016
I like almost everything about this camera case. The only thing I would love to add is either a clip or some sort of velcro connection on main flap to keep it closed. The zipper works fine, but takes much longer to open and close than a clip would.

The main purpose of this type of bag is if you want to walk around with your camera all day, but do not want to carry around your full camera bag due to the weight. So you carry this around so that you have your nice camera on you when the moment strikes. So you are often pulling the camera out and putting it away. The zipper works well to keep the camera closed, but you have to zip and unzip it fully every time to keep the flap closed. If it just clipped shut at the end of the flap, times when you are bringing the camera out and putting it away quickly would be quicker and easier. Then, when you know you will be keeping it in the bag for a while, you can zip and clip it shut.

As it is now, if you leave it unzipped, the flap is wide open. So I have been half zipping it if I want to keep the flap closed, but be quicker getting my camera out when I need it. It's ok, but not great. Since it's a zipper, it can still unzip and the camera fall out if for some reason it got flipped upside down or something like that. A clip would ensure the flap stayed closed no matter what. Half zipped and unzipped also doesn't let you use the handle safely. If clipped, you would be able to still use the handle.
on May 27, 2013
I purchased this as a larger version of the DCB-304 which is an excellent case. Not this case! It does have side pockets, but not the nice web pocket inside to hold things in when unzipped. Also, it does not have the inside zipped pocket at the lid. A case of this size should have these features and add to this velcro dividers for tightly holding the camera in place and placing items outside the camera area, for miscellaneous items. I returned this item which is described as a "holster", pay attention to this description. Amazon promptly refunded my payment. I did buy another Caselogic DCB-307, which is much larger and has dividers and webbing for another purpose. A case just a little larger than the DCB-304 would be useful for a digital "bridge/superzoom camera" and it's charger. Still really looking for something for this purpose. The"holster" DCB-306 is too big and about as useful for carrying a camera as a bucket.

I amend my review, as I re-bought it locally because I purchased a large super-zoom, a Fuji Finepix HS50EXR and it is the right size for this camera and the charger with spare batteries. I still lament that the case has no webbing inside the side pockets, but it is the best choice of all other cases I looked at for this camera. So, go ahead, If you have a larger camera it will work.