Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Case Logic DCS-101 DSLR Quick Sling (Black)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on December 6, 2014
Before you buy this product, you need to know that mine failed damaging my camera and flash. Please look at the picture.

I would not recomend this product.
review image
22 comments| 66 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 22, 2013
I bought this strap after a near-tragedy when using the original strap provided by the manufacturer. I was at the park, trying to get some good shots of my kids, when the strap worked its way out of the plastic clip, and I nearly dropped my camera on the pavement! I knew there had to be something better!

I was immediately thrilled when I found this cross-body strap! It attaches to the camera by screwing into the tripod mount hardware on the bottom...there is no way it can be pulled loose accidentally! The shoulder pad is surprisingly comfortable with a nice thick pad. They really thought of everything...there is even an elasticized loop that will perfectly and securely hold my lens cap! The camera is easy to access when you need it, as it slides effortlessly over the nylon strap, but rests securely at your side when you need to have your hands free. I have taken my DSLR on many day-long trips, along with a couple of very active young children, and have found the strap to be comfortable enough to wear for hours, even with a heavy lens attached.

A note about sizing: This strap is generously sized, and as a plus size woman, I still find it very comfortable to wear. Try this camera strap...you will NOT be disappointed!
on August 19, 2014
I ordered this in the spring because I was planning a trip to Europe and wanted a better strap for my camera. I just got back from that trip on Sunday - Iceland and England - with my full camera bag (a Tenba Small Messenger bag I bought at the same time and love) and all but one of my lenses. I liked the feel, the action, and the initial quality of the strap, especially the shoulder pad. Unfortunately, it didn't live up to my initial impressions.

After only 8 days of use, this strap let go while just hanging across my shoulder and chest as it is meant to. The threads on one end (the non-elastic end to be exact) just failed and came undone, and if I hadn't had my hand on my camera at my side at the time would have been a $2000+ dollar strap failure.

I did not mistreat the strap, I did not install it wrong, and I wasn't swinging it around my head or anything stupid. I was walking along in the Lost Gardens of Heligan in England, taking quite a few pictures - in other words using it as intended - and suddenly the weight of my camera is all in my hand and the strap is hanging off my shoulder near my feet.

It's way past Amazon's return date, so I'll be contacting the manufacturer to see what they say.

Not impressed, but then it was only $20.
on June 15, 2013
If you're like me, the standard strap that comes with every new DSLR these days is slightly uncomfortable most of the time, and a literal pain in the neck the rest of the time. The standard straps are wide and pull right down on the critical muscles at the back of the neck, and they have this major steal me tag on them that says something along the lines of EOS DIGITAL or SONY.

To solve these problems I went looking for something more comfortable. I saw this and had to give it a try.

This strap attaches to the quarter inch threads on the bottom of the camera in the same position as a tripod mount would by a secure bolt and freely rotating loop of metal. The strap itself is a sturdy woven web with a padded section for your shoulder. When it's in place it evenly distributes the weight of the camera across the shoulder to prevent the pain associated with the neck strap. The only problem is the pad and its tendency to wander away from the shoulder due to the breathable mesh type construction of the interior side. As another reviewer mentioned, it would be nice if Case Logic would have included a gel section to help it stick, but this is a trivial issue.

Aside from the comfort of this particular item, the functionality is a major upgrade from the standard neck strap. Previously, this expensive and heavy camera was allowed to hang at mid chest exposed to the world. With the shoulder sling the camera is able to traverse the length of the sling and rest at the hip, within reach of the security of a hand. This allows the camera to be mostly out of sight, and in a perfect position for safe keeping and quick access.

Overall this is a great product that should be considered if you're looking to replace the standard strap that your camera came with and move on to something more convenient and more comfortable.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
First let me say that my present camera is a Canon 60d with a battery grip and my walk-around lens is a Canon 18-135. In other words, a very large camera mass.

If I still had my Canon SX10IS super zoom or a point and shoot camera, I believe this strap would be a much better fit, or even for an SLR camera like mine without a grip.

But for a SLR camera mass as large as I have, I think most will find the usual camera strap the better option. What I have is just too bulky to work as well as intended. But for something less, I think this is alternative to consider

The product is from Case Logic, a company with a good track record with camera cases, backpacks and slings. It seems well made and the attaching device is solid and screws securely into the hardware mount on the base of the camera or battery grip. I do not have any reservations about the swivel hardware that attaches the strap to the camera.

The shoulder pad is large and comfortable and the strap itself is very adjustable. Any size photographer should find an adjustment that works well. Adjustments to strap length are easily made and should not change by themselves once the desired length is determined.

I found that I had to have the camera riding about at waist level in order to keep the padded portion where I wanted on my shoulder and not up against my neck. If you want the camera to hang on your right side, you put the strap over your head so that the padded portion in on your left shoulder and after putting your right arm through the loop the camera is on your right side. The opposite if you want the camera to hang on your left side.

Because the attachment hardware screws into the tripod mount, the camera immediately wants to hang upside down with the lens pointing forward, making it very awkward to bring it into position to take your shot. However, after playing around for awhile I found i could get the camera to ride in a position more comfortable for me and better able to be brought quickly to my eye.

If when you go out to shoot you carry your camera ready for action and not in a sling bag or backpack, this is an option to the regular camera strap to consider. Although truth be told, if you have a SLR and a comfortable strap that attaches to the two top corners of the camera, on either side of the view finder, I can't say this is a better alternative.

I don't recommend having both this quick sling and a camera strap attached to your camera. It should be one or the other.
I bought this as a gift for my husband. Personally, while traveling, I really get tired of the wheelbarrow-load of stuff that gets hung from the neck on tours, so had thought this would be a great idea to transfer the weight of the camera over to the shoulder. My husband is an avid amateur photographer. His reception was rather lukewarm and the sling was dropped in the bottom of his camera bag and he continued to use his old neck strap.

In preparing for an upcoming trip, I fished this out of the bag and will be using this myself. It is very sturdy, appears to be very well made. The wide strap that crosses the shoulder is contoured to sit flat, is over 3.5" wide so the strap doesn't cut into the shoulder if the camera is very heavy. The strap screws onto the tripod connector on the bottom of the camera, so if you use a tripod regularly, this could be a big inconvenience to detach the sling, but that isn't a problem for me. The hard plastic loop, part of the connector that screws into the camera, protrudes from the camera, so if you want to take the camera from your shoulder, such as for lunch, you'll be setting the camera down either on it's back or upside down. The good part of this loop is that it is large, about 1 1/8" wide, so the strap freely slides through this loop.

My only concern is that the viewing screen on the camera is at risk of rubbing clothing, belt buckle, etc. Carrying things in the pocket can increase the likelihood of scratches to the screen (depends on how high you adjust the strap to wear). I'd be sure to use a screen protector with this and be watchful of any sharp or metal items that could damage your camera. Also, while the stiff, wide shoulder strap increases its comfort during use, it also is much larger and takes up more space in your camera bag when storing it.

Bottom line? I'm gladly using it. The convenience of having my camera at my fingertips for quick access for great shots is worth taking a few extra measures to insure that the camera is protected. I love it!

If you find this review helpful, please let me know by using the voting buttons. Through the years, I have relied on reviews to make smart purchases and now I'm trying to "pay it forward" by helping others with my reviews. Please let me know how I'm doing with your vote. Thanks!!
on December 2, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Overall, this is a great strap to have it you plan to walk around a lot and take a lot of picture. As for why, you don't need to take your camera out of its case and then put in back in over and over again. The stap allow you put hang it at waist level and to the bottom of the camera. Which makes it easy to put on and take off. This way your camera is always at the ready. My only wish was that the shoulder strap had a pocket to carry and extra battery or memory card.
VINE VOICEon April 9, 2015
I'm a journalist, and one of the tough things for me is juggling a note pad and my SLR. I picked up this Case Logic Sling with the hopes that it would make the job of juggling a notepad and taking pictures easier. I was absolutely blown away by the results.

With this sling, I used a Canon EOS Rebel T5. The Sling attaches at the base of the camera in the tripod mount slot. The biggest concern with a sling is the camera falling off it, and I'm pleased to report that the Case Logic Sling has an exceptionally solid mount. I never felt that the camera could come lose at any point using the strap.

The quick sling does really enable you to have your camera on your hip and then quickly bring it up to face height, in one quick, fluid, movement. I found juggling my camera and a notepad exceptionally easy with this Case Logic Sling and I plan now to use it whenever I travel for a story. This sling is far far far superior to using a standard camera strap.
on August 27, 2014
I use this strap for the 70-200mm f/2.8 lens and dslr body combo. It is sturdy enough for the job and keeps my hands free for portrait directing.
The shoulder pad likes to move around during operation. I find myself having to constantly adjust the pad back to the top of my shoulder.
The screw for the mount looks very sturdy and performs well. If you are not familiar with a 70-200mm f 2.8 lens, it weighs a few pounds and is made of mostly metal. The screw and plastic bolt combination does a nice job attached to the tripod collar of the lens.
Overall I recommend the strap for its price.
on November 5, 2013
So far my experience with this strap has been nothing but joy. As a pretty new photographer, I was looking for something that would let me carry my camera with a little more ease than the stock strap, and this fits the bill. I've been using it regularly for a few weeks now, including some pretty intense outdoor trips, and I've been nothing but happy with it.

It allows you a full range of motion from the hip, which is invaluable. I use it with a 400mm Canon lens and it has no problem shouldering the weight, and distributes it effectively. The screw-in mechanism is solid, and I'm comfortable trusting my expensive camera gear to it.

I'm very happy with it and I'm pretty glad I didn't pay $70+ dollars for the name-brand strap. I would recommend this product.