4.0 out of 5 stars Try it before you buy it
I saw this and imagined that it would be a really good "run and gun" photographer's tool. You know, see something, shoot something: just swing the camera up to your eye and click, click, click. Cool - just like in the movie "Blow Up".

Published 23 months ago by Dom Miliano

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy
Screw didn't work the first time . It came undone and was stuck in the bottom of my camera. Returned it and got another one and it was the defective. Threads were bad. Don't buy
Published 12 months ago by gaspar enrique canul

4.0 out of 5 stars Try it before you buy it, December 21, 2012
Dom Miliano (Denville, NJ USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Case Logic DHS-101 Quick Grip (Black) (Electronics)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)

Well, I guess I'm too old a dog to learn new tricks because I realized that without my regular "over the shoulder / round the neck" strap, I had to always have the camera in my hand. When shooting, no problem. For example, I was at a local car show last weekend and learned that having the camera always in my hand was effectve and allowed me to quickly grab a shot that I might not have taken. But as soon as I ran into a friend and wanted to shake his hand, oops!! Is that a camera in your hand or are you just glad to see me???

If you use a camera bag, then this would be a good product for you. Put the camera in the bag when you are not shooting and reach in and grab the strap when you're ready to take pictures. If, however, you don't always use a camera bag then this strap may not be for you.

Positives - it is a well made product that installs easily (although they do not include installation instructions, the picture of it installed on the box is all anyone would need). It fits just fine on my camera and looks like it will be adjustable for yours. It's comfortable - the padding is more than adequate.

Negatives - Very few. As stated, if you are in a session where you are always shooting - e.g., a sporting event, wedding, church service, party - having the camera securely at hand is a good thing - emphasis on SECURELY. But as soon as you morph into non-photographer, what the heck do you do with your camera? If you were on vacation, for example, and after taking a few pictures of the local marketplace you wanted to buy a coffee, what do you do with the camera? You need a bag. Is that a step forward or a step sideways? Finally, you have to decide if this accessory is worth $25.

4 stars for me but could be a fit better for you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great wrist strap but doesn't work well for me on my small micro 4/3 camera!, November 30, 2013
Bill Booz "Bill Booz" (Lynchburg, Virginia USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Case Logic DHS-101 Quick Grip (Black) (Electronics)
I was looking for a wrist strap that I could use on my Olympus PEN E-PL3 micro 4/3 camera, as I love using one on my Canon 60D dSLR camera. I needed one that attached to the tripod mount and wasn't so wide (as is the one on my 60D) that it would interfere with the movement of the tilt LCD on the Olympus or with access to the battery/SD card compartment. The Case Logic DHS-101 is perfect with regards to those requirements. HOWEVER, unfortunately, because of the significantly smaller body compared to a larger dSLR it is not possible (for me) to comfortably have my hand in the strap and also access the shutter release button or other rear camera controls. So, though it would be handy for carrying the camera (I only use a wrist strap with my 60D!), I am not able to use it. Only because of this do I give it 4 stars, otherwise, it is a great wrist strap.

One possible negative no matter what camera you are using is the fact that the bottom connector screws into the tripod mount but doesn't, as my other strap does, have a redundant screw mount for mounting on a tripod. This means you have to remove the bottom connector when you want to attach your camera to a tripod. I do like, however, since the mount is a single bolt with strap permanently attached, that it takes up very little space on the camera bottom.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fits securely and comfortable on your hand, June 24, 2014
This review is from: Case Logic DHS-101 Quick Grip (Black) (Electronics)
When I am backpacking, I keep my DSLR on my hip belt in a holster style case. I needed something that I could grip my camera securely and not deal with tucking in a neck strap.

This product seems to do the job and do it well. I shoot with a Sony A65 and this fits it perfectly. The thumb screw holds very well. The strap at the top is easy to attach and adjust. The pad is comfortable on your hand and seems very well made.

I can easily slip my hand through the strap and hold my camera. I can work all of the buttons and dials on the camera.

This is a very good grip strap at a fair price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best DSLR grip money can buy!, March 21, 2014
ShaunFan (ATL, GA., USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Case Logic DHS-101 Quick Grip (Black) (Electronics)
Best and easiest to install hand grip available to hold DSLR cameras. Case Logic products are well made and sturdy, and this is no exception. Camera is always ready for the next shot-great gift to replace bulky neck straps. Have one for each camera I own.

4.0 out of 5 stars Petite hand strap provides a more secure grip, February 23, 2014
This review is from: Case Logic DHS-101 Quick Grip (Black) (Electronics)
I carry my Canon 70D in a Timbuk2 Snoop bag and need to draw the camera quickly when needed. The DHS-101 wraps around the back of my hand and increases extra grip security on the draw and while shooting. It exhibits good fit and finish, with a Cordura-like nylon exterior, nylon air mesh pad backing, soft foam padding, clean stitching, and two plastic buckles. It's on the narrow side at 1.75" width at its widest point, half the size of the Canon E-1 hand strap and, thus, best suited to smaller DSLRs and ILC.

The DHS-101 is simple to install: thread through the camera's top strap loop and attach to the tripod socket via the included screw fastener. The straps are secured by doubling back through the buckles. You can also attach the bottom strap to a quick release plate with strap loop or battery grip with strap loop. I tossed the cheap screw fastener and threaded it through the strap loop on an Arca quick release plate, a SUNWAYFOTO PC-6D QR Plate for Canon EOS 6D Camera Arca Compatible. The benefit of a hand strap/QR combo is the strap doesn't interfere with tripod use, the Arca plate is ready to mount on a tripod (no unscrewing needed) and attachment is very secure.

Once installed on my 6D, I adjusted strap length right for the best fit. I like it slightly loose side so I can shift my hand to comfortably reach camera controls. I have average sized hands for an Asian male (small glove size) and was able to adjust the strap to allow access to controls while maintaining the security of the pad across the back of my hand.

DHS-101 is less expensive than many competing products because it includes a flimsy attachment screw rather than a real QR plate. Nevertheless, the strap pad itself is well made and a better choice than leather wet or dusty conditions as it can be washed. If you want a more secure attachment or use a tripod with Arca-Swiss quick release, there are dozens of plates on the market with hand strap loops, e.g., SUNWAYFOTO 45mm QR Plate DP-39 DP39 Arca Compatible Sunway. Once you add in the cost of an Arca plate, the DHS-101 costs about the same as completing products like the Herringbone Heritage Leather Camera Hand Grip Type 1.

All in all a good product that does what it was designed to do: provide a more secure grip. I recommend the use of an Arca plate to anchor the DHS-101 as the included screw fastener is an accident waiting to happen. Finally, although experienced DSLR shooters probably won't need instructions, Case Logic should include them for first time hand strap users.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'll Never Go Back to a Shoulder Strap, December 27, 2013
This review is from: Case Logic DHS-101 Quick Grip (Black) (Electronics)
Now I keep my Case Logic bag on my shoulder and just reach in and grab the camera. My fingers slip naturally through this grip. It provides plenty of security and steadiness. I love it. I tried a larger more complicated grip with a screw on attachment that allowed it to remain in place and screw onto a tripod but it was cumbersome and didn't allow me enough room to move my fingers and thumb around. It takes me less than three seconds to unscrew the base to plug the camera into my tripod with this grip. Love it and highly recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good choice, October 19, 2013
This review is from: Case Logic DHS-101 Quick Grip (Black) (Electronics)
I was looking for an option to carry my camera that didn't bounce around as I walked while taking pictures. I was wrapping the camera strap around my hand, but that did not work well. This was a very good alternative. My one caution, check the screw periodically. It has not been a problem, but if you move around a lot, it will loosen slightly. I tighten it back up and go.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy, November 26, 2013
This review is from: Case Logic DHS-101 Quick Grip (Black) (Electronics)

1.0 out of 5 stars Great Idea, But Poor Execution And Ergonomic Design, September 10, 2014
This review is from: Case Logic DHS-101 Quick Grip (Black) (Electronics)
As a couple other reviewers have noted, this strap either feels too tight or too loose. When it's tight it feels secure and prevents the camera from slipping, but makes it impossible to reach the camera controls. Loosening it up to the point where its easy to operate the camera, makes it too loose to serve its purpose of providing a steady mount. The reason for this is that the strap is straight. It does not conform to the natural contours of the hand, nor does it take into account the natural placement of the hand on the camera.

1.0 out of 5 stars This a dangerous product, November 26, 2013
This review is from: Case Logic DHS-101 Quick Grip (Black) (Electronics)
This is a very cheap chinese made product, the screw on the bottom grip is not properly aligned and you have to screw it tight in order to fix it on the camera, that could damage the screw on your camera, I had to use pliers to loosen it again.

Case Logic DHS-101 Quick Grip (Black)
$24.99 $10.99
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.