இ Fuzzy Wuzzy's Summary:
ѾѾѾѾ Recommended with warm fuzzies (but the slim interior space is better suited either for a laptop with a compact slim AC adapter, or an 11-inch or 13-inch ultrabook or MacBook Air).

Published on January 8, 2012 by ƒůŽźŸ...

2.0 out of 5 stars Zipper Broke
Upon receiving the bag I was pleased by the appearance and slimness, but as I slipped my laptop in and went to zip it up the zipper would not mesh together and left the bag hanging open on either side of the zipper. As I slid it back and fourth to try and get it to catch the ZIPPER BROKE.
Published on June 29, 2012 by tampaloser

4.0 out of 5 stars Good lightweight briefcase to hold both a 15-inch laptop and my iPad 2, but may be too slim if your AC adapter brick is thick., January 8, 2012
This review is from: Case Logic DLC-115 15.6-Inch Laptop and Tablet Briefcase (Black) (Personal Computers)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
இ Fuzzy Wuzzy's Summary:

The first thing that I noticed about this laptop briefcase was how light and slim it was. This briefcase only weighs 21 ounces (1 pound 5 ounces), including the shoulder strap, which is lighter than many laptop bags. The exterior feels like soft neoprene while all interiors are lined with nylon. The main laptop compartment has dimensions of 15.25 inches wide and 11.25 inches deep, and can accomodate a laptop of 15.2"x10.5"x1.7". Inside the main laptop compartment is an 8.0-inch wide sleeve that perfectly fits my iPad 2. My iPad 2 is covered with the excellent Targus VuScape Protective Cover/Stand for Apple iPad 2 - 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, WiFi and WiFi + 3G THZ044US (Black/Blue Interior), and this interior tablet sleeve is nicely sized to hold my iPad securely with the Targus cover left on. The Targus cover doubles the thickness of the iPad to 0.7 inches thick, but it will still easily fit inside the tablet sleeve.

Because the briefcase is fairly slim, however, storing the iPad with its Targus cover, my Dell 15-inch laptop, and the Dell's chunky AC adapter made for a very snug fit. I initially stored the AC adapter vertically along one edge of the laptop compartment, but, even then, it zipped up into a bulging compartment that also put extra strain on the main zipper. Finally, I decided that it was just easier to carry the AC adapter in the outside zippered compartment. This creates a bulging outer pocket, but it is easier and quicker to store the AC adapter in the outer compartment than to arrange it each time vertically squeezed into one side of the main laptop compartment. And with my AC adapter squeezed inside the main compartment, I worried about straining the main compartment's zipper too much. The outside zippered compartment is almost as wide and high as the main laptop compartment, albeit not as deep. The inside wall of this outside zippered compartment has another zippered pocket that is as wide as the main briefcase and can also hold a tablet, and I sometimes store my iPad inside this pocket instead. This outer pocket may be used as a tablet storage option if you have a thicker laptop and you need extra room inside the main laptop compartment. The rear of the briefcase has a small zippered pocket and a trolley pass-through sleeve for slipping this briefcase onto the pull-handle of another luggage.

The included shoulder strap is comfortable. However, I would have much preferred that the shoulder strap used metal clips. Instead, the shoulder strap uses plastic clips that clip onto plastic D-rings on the briefcase. While I prefer metal D-rings instead of plastic D-rings for durability, I really dislike these kinds of plastic shoulder strap clips when used on a briefcase that is carrying the weight of a laptop (and tablet). And over time, the plastic clips can fatigue and bend or break after repeatedly attaching/detaching the shoulder strap by pressing down on the plastic, or by the weight of the loaded briefcase repeatedly straining the J-shaped hook of the plastic clips.

Overall, this is a good basic nicely-styled briefcase for a 15-inch laptop. The tablet storage sleeve feature is nice, but since many laptop bags and briefcases already have extra zippered compartments that can separately store a tablet anyway, I think that this tablet sleeve feature only adds a moderate amount of uniqueness to the design. This is a fine briefcase for carrying back and forth between the office or coffee shop. But in my opinion, it is too lightweight, not padded enough, and not roomy enough to take with me on business trips, air flights, and travel outings. And if your laptop uses an AC adapter that is like a small brick (like my Dell AC adapter), you either have to *squeeze* it into this sleek briefcase's main laptop compartment or keep it in the outside zippered compartment; in both cases, this briefcase's slim profile then no longer looks sleek and bulges outward. Even thin 15-inch ultrabook laptops often have somewhat chunky AC adapters.

If your 15-inch or smaller laptop uses a slim compact AC adapter and you do not need to carry various other folders/binders, mice, and laptop peripherals, then this briefcase can be quickly packed and retain its nice sleek look, and this briefcase may work just fine for you. Likewise, this is a great lightweight bag to carry an 11-inch or 13-inch ultrabook or MacBook Air. But for my 15-inch laptop needs, especially when traveling through airports, the main interior laptop compartment of this briefcase really needed to be an additional quarter-inch wider/thicker inside it so I could store my AC adapter brick vertically inside without having the nylon/neoprene bulge outward. For carrying my laptop to the office, I can just quickly store my mouse and other peripherals in the outside zippered compartment, which adds protruding bulges to this outside pocket. But when traveling, and for extra protection, I would rather have enough room inside the briefcase to store my mouse.

So I rate this briefcase 4 stars mainly for people who do not have a thick chunky AC adapter and who do not need to carry a larger-sized mouse or too many other peripherals or folders/books/papers. For those people, this is a great briefcase with a slim profile and a light weight that can complement the light three-pound or four-pound weight of an ultrabook. But for my own use with a 15-inch laptop, this briefcase is a bit too slim, and if it was just an extra quarter-inch wider/thicker in its main laptop compartment, I would have then rated it 5 stars. I have both a 11-inch and a 13-inch laptop and I use this briefcase to carry those instead of my 15-inch laptops. I also use a Lenovo 14-inch Y410P laptop that, at 5.5 pounds, is thicker than most 14-inch laptops, and the 14-inch laptop, its AC adapter brick, and my iPad can all snugly fit inside this briefcase without straining the zipper. But when Case Logic designed this briefcase to carry a 15-inch laptop, they forgot to take into account the fact that many laptops use a large chunky AC adapter, and this internal space issue could have been easily corrected by making this briefcase slightly wider.

I rely both on my own research and the opinions of others to help me make informed buying decisions. I hope that this review helped you to be a wise shopper to decide if this Case Logic briefcase is suitable for your needs! :)

2.0 out of 5 stars Zipper Broke, June 29, 2012
Initially I planned to get a replacement sent but as I read reviews citing the bag's slim profile impeding storage I experimented with it and found that the slim bag bulges awkwardly when storing blocky objects like AC adapters and mice, in the end I got a refund
Summary of my experience
-broken zipper
-no space for ac adapter
-chose refund

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect step up from a laptop sleeve, July 17, 2012
I needed a bag to carry:
- A 15.6" laptop
- A Kindle with case
- A notepad
- A smartphone
- A magazine
- Chargers for laptop & phone

This bag does so comfortably, with little room to spare. I found it to be very light and not bulky, with high quality construction and smooth zippers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bag !, June 30, 2012
CLS (Hillsboro, MO USA) - See all my reviews
Case arrived in easy to open packaging which is always nice. It is as described. It is roomy enough for my netbook, kindle fire, ipod, external cd drive, all the cords, wires, a notebook, miscellaneous peripherals AND there is still room left over for more stuff. It is well padded to protect my items and no bulk once everything was loaded in there. You would never know I have so much stuff in there. It is not heavy either. My last bag was fancy but it weighed almost as much as all the stuff I had in it and not fun to carry around....but it looked nice. This bag is well made, looks nice and I suspect it will last for a very long time. I had no issues with the zippers and items slip in and out easily. I would recommend this case to anyone looking for a roomy solution in a quality bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars Attractive and functional bag, November 10, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have an older Dell Inspiron 6000 15" laptop that fits this bag perfectly, not too tight, not too loose. No tablet (yet), but the inner pocket is also good for CDs, a flat GPS or a DVD in a case. On the outside, there's a single zippered pocket on one side that will fit a CD case or a smartphone, and the other side has a large zippered flap covering another zippered pocket for papers, 3 pen pockets and 3 more pockets of varying sizes. The largest of the 3 pockets can hold my Seagate Goflex hard drive, while the others can carry a mobile mouse, USB cables or other small items.

The only thing not accounted for here is the power brick. I can wind the cord around it and stash it in the bottom of the large flap - it doesn't fit in the main compartment when the laptop's in there. Not elegant, but it works.

The case itself is very attractive, with quilting and red accents. It would make a great bookbag for school as well. As long as you don't have to carry lots of other stuff along with your laptop, just the essentials, this bag is ideal.

2.0 out of 5 stars zipper problems, March 13, 2013
bag appeared great initially. Zipper is already sticking and will soon break. Only had this item about 2 months, use it only twice a week.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Made Case Capable of Protecting and Housing Your Laptop, April 27, 2013
Cheri (Hawaii, USA) - See all my reviews
We were pleasantly surprised with the Case Logic DLC-115 15.6-inch Laptop and Tablet Briefcase. The case, just for informational purposes, does not flap open(like a suitcase), when unzippering it to place your laptop in it. The housing compartment for the laptop simply unzippers to enable you to slip your laptop in. It houses the laptop comfortably...not too tight and not too spacious. It's sized well enough to protect your laptop from damage.
The frontside of the case has a large padded zippered compartment that flaps open to a inner zippered compartment that for the most part, runs the length of the case. There are also 3 slots to hold battery brick, cord, mouse etc., as well as 3 thinner slots for your pens or pencils.
The backside of the case has a smaller zippered compartment that opens to a "felt-like" lining, I assume to carry or house your Iphone or Ipod(it's sized appropriately for something like that).
The entire case is made of what looks like to be nylon, which seems to be pretty durable. It also comes with an adjustable shoulder strap. The entire case, is of course, padded from front to back to everything in between. It is not cumbersome and is quite light-weight. Even though it is light-weight, I do believe that it is durable enough to effectively protect your laptop and enable you to transport it safely and effieciently from place to place. Highly recommend!

4.0 out of 5 stars great case for your laptop and essential gear, July 6, 2013
andrew (indiana usa) - See all my reviews
this is case is great for people that just have the essential gear like a 7 to 10" tablet, a smartphone, wireless usb modem and maybe a wireless mouse
if you need to cary more than that this bag is not for you
its well made and will keep your laptop safe from dust and stuff but it offers little protection against falls
its not bad for the price

2.0 out of 5 stars Zipper Issues, February 19, 2013
I purchased this case for a business trip over to the UK to protect my new computer from the harsh weather. I checked out all of the zippers before packing my computer, charger, pens, and notepads and the only one that me a problem was for the main compartment. It was getting snagged on something, but I thought once I zipped it completely it would sort itself out. Unfortunately, it never did when there was weight inside the compartment. Besides the zipper being a pain, the case was fine. I liked the cell phone compartment, that was convenient for the airport for sure.

I would only recommend this case if you were looking for something to transport a laptop to and from the office or something short distance, not a long trip at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect size, great value, May 18, 2013
Justin Carlson (Upper Peninsula, Michigan) - See all my reviews
Having graduated from college, I decided it was finally time to go out and buy a briefcase to hold my laptop and other belongings that I need for my business. The Case Logic brand briefcase seemed to be one of the highest-rated products on Amazon, and for good reason based on my first few days using the briefcase.

I have a pretty wide-screened Lenovo T530 15.6" laptop, and it fits perfectly into the case. There isn't a ton of padding for your laptop, but it gives much more protection than would a laptop sleeve. There is also a smartphone pocket on the back lined with a microfiber material, a front pocket large enough to hold a 10" tablet or writing pad, and straps on the back that allow you to secure the briefcase to a rolling luggage bag handle.

Certainly you can buy cases with more expensive materials like leather or ones with more padding and pockets, but if you are looking for something budget-friendly, you really cannot go wrong with this case.

Rate and Discover Movies