5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for HP 17.3" Laptop
Published 19 months ago by Jonathan A. Snyder, P.E., CCO

2.0 out of 5 stars Good except
The case itself is great. But what were they thinking with the strap?! The shoulder pad on the strap is a slick material that slides right off your shoulder. The first time I used it, it slid off my shoulder and my laptop fell to the ground. Replaced the strap and now its fine.
Published 7 months ago by TJ

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for HP 17.3" Laptop, December 12, 2012
This review is from: Case Logic DLC-117 17.3-Inch Laptop and Tablet Case (Personal Computers)
This laptop case is excellent in every aspect. My 17.3" HP Laptop fits in the laptop compartment perfectly; the battery on my HP laptop also functions as a foot which extends ¾" out of the bottom of the laptop to slope the keyboard for typing; overall thickness of my HP laptop is 1-3/8" which increases to 2-1/8" at the battery/foot. I store my HP laptop with the battery (3/4" increased thickness) toward the laptop compartment's zipper plus use the "Tablet Pocket" to store my mouse pad.

The case's double zippered front compartment (shown in the product picture holding pens, a chord, red case, etc.) is perfect for my HP's power cord & power pack, the case's shoulder strap, my 640 GB external HD (3.25" wide x 4.75" high x 0.5" thick) plus a long USB cable, wireless mouse with extra batteries, and some room for additional small items. There is also a full width zippered pocket in this compartment which easily holds letter size items; I have a total of ½" thickness of letter size items in this pocket. The laptop compartment is higher than the front compartment; therefore, the ¾" increased thickness needed for my HP's battery/foot does not interfere with any of the items stored in the front compartment.

The case's back pocket (shown in the product picture holding a cell phone) is perfect for two (2) DVD jewel cases; I carry copy protected reference CD's that I need for my work in this pocket.

The shoulder strap is easy to adjust and attach plus is well padded. I also like the aesthetics of the "Quilted" half of the case's front (which is accurately shown in the product pictures).

Compartment padding is excellent; I've never had the misfortune of a slip or fall with any of my laptops over the past twenty (20) years; however, this case's padding is the best I've had to date and should provide as much laptop damage protection that I could wish for in the event of a mishap!

The two (2) padded carry handles form a very comfortable handle for most people to grip; I have a large hand; therefore, the handles are adequately comfortable for my hand size and they get a five (5) on Amazon's "5" rating scale while the rest of the case gets a ten (10)!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent case, April 9, 2013
ScubaSailor (Tampa, FL United States) - See all my reviews
I carry around a Toshiba 17.3" laptop in this case. It fits like a dream. There's plenty of room for files, a mouse, a charger, a tablet, other cables, SD cards, and other periferals. I really like the tablet sleeve. It has a luggage strap which has been handy. The three pockets in the second compartment are lightly padded to protect your valuables. My one complaint is the shoulder strap. The plastic clips have given out on me causing the case to crash to the floor. I no longer use the strap for that reason. Luckily, my laptop survived.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for 17" notebook computers, June 4, 2012
Went looking in local stores to no avail. Found this one on Amazon and was very pleased with the price and the features. Works perfect for 17" notebook computers. Room for your phone, tablet and other accessories.

5.0 out of 5 stars laptop and tablet case, February 24, 2013
Delores Davis (AUGUSTA, GA, US) - See all my reviews
Perfect for a 17.5 laptop computer. Everything fits inside easily. I have a keyboard, mouse, mouse pad in with the computer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality bag, August 6, 2012
I really like this bag, simple yet well made. Although the the description of the bag says it would fit a 15 inch laptop, it fits my 17 inch HP laptop quite nicely. Has a cool pocket for my iPhone on the back too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Adequate, December 16, 2012
This case fits my 17" Dell laptop nicely. There isn't a lot of room for the power cord. The handles seem a little flimsy and I'm hoping that they don't rip off the bag. Definitely an adequate computer bag for the price.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good except, December 13, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Kudos!, May 27, 2014
Many thanks to the person or persons who designed this case for 17.3" laptops plus tablets. Job well done!

After the excitement of purchasing my new HP Envy 17.3" Notebook began to fade, I realized I needed a nicely padded, sturdy case to carry said notebook, plus various assorted accoutrements, including, but not limited to: a folding tabletop notebook stand, USB hub, discs, manuals, and paperwork, power cords, wireless mouse and mousepad, external hard drive, etc. And, believe it or not, I was able to finagle room for almost everything.

The case is well padded with good support, a neccessity with this heavy monster. A 17.3" screen is awesome, but it isn't lightweight.

The handles of the case are sturdy and securely attached to the body of the case, and the shoulder strap is comfortable and well-padded. Due to other reviewers qualms about the flimsiness of the strap connectors, I may replace those soon, before any accidents occur. A quick trip to a sewing goods store should do the trick, even though to date, I haven't had any issues with the connectors or the strap.

The outside material of the case is black, which resists dirt, and is made of a durable nylon fiber. The inside and inner pockets are gray, and lined with a soft, non-abrasive fabric.

There are several storage pockets, including the large outside pocket that is divided and slotted, and useful for storing power cords and larger items. A large zippered pocket located inside that same outside pocket stores paperwork easily and discreetly. The tablet storage pocket, located inside the main area, works as designed, although I'm not able to use it for my tablet at this time due to battery issues. Instead I'm using it for storing DVD's and other like-sized items. The small outside zippered pocket is perfect for my phone, keys, and other small items when I don't want to carry a purse. And, the luggage strap is handy for attaching the case to pull-along luggage. Plus, the extra outside quilted padding ensures more protection for the notebook and adds a nice design element.

I'm definately happy with my case, especially since cases for larger notebooks aren't that easy to find. And, the price was right in line with my budget - very affordable.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT CASElogic..., March 16, 2013
Another well made product by the folks that know how to do it right. Fits my 17" perfectly, with room to spare. Lots of extra pockets and such. Very well thought out with one exception... The "pad" on the armstrap is a slick "pleather" material. Constantly wants to slide off the shoulder. A simple remedy - take a small piece of fine sandpaper (180-220) and rough up the pad surface a bit. No more slip...

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product, does NOT fit my 17.3", July 27, 2013
I like the bag but it says on the bag it fits 17.3" laptops, sadly it doesn't fit mine though. I have a large ASUS gaming laptop, ASUS (G75VW-BHI7N07)

Case Logic DLC-117 17.3-Inch Laptop and Tablet Case