5.0 out of 5 stars Great case for SLR Beginner
Bought this case after going through quite a few other cases and backpacks to hold our Canon t3i. Found that backpacks and sling bags may work great for hiking and getting your camera to a place where you are going to be taking pictures but not taking many pictures along the journey.

It was really nice to have the larger outer case to hold extra lenses,...
Published 20 months ago by M. Horvath

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice product, but don't buy for full-frame DSLRs
Published on July 17, 2012 by Lem

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice product, but don't buy for full-frame DSLRs, July 17, 2012
Lem (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Case Logic DM-1000 DSLR Travel Pack (Electronics)
Try to stuff a full frame DSLR in the Day Holster and it won't close. When you pull it out, the lens cap stays behind. I have a CANON 5D Mark III and the flap won't even come across to the other side when you try to shut the top of the Day Holster. This bag is more for the lower end Rebel SLR cameras and otherwise smaller SLR bodies. It would have been nice had Case Logic stated that it couldn't accommodate the full frame DSLRs and I would have expected such caveats and it was probably why I didn't bother to compare the dimensions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case for SLR Beginner, November 26, 2012
This review is from: Case Logic DM-1000 DSLR Travel Pack (Electronics)

It was really nice to have the larger outer case to hold extra lenses, charger, memory cards, etc. and the camera in the protective sleeve. That got us from home to our destination, then when we were walking around we were able to keep the camera in the protective sleeve/holster and use the camera strap for easy access to any quick snap scenario we may have encountered. (We have a 1 year old so they are plentiful!)

It takes a long time to get the camera in and out of some of the other cases we tried and with the ability to hang the holster from the strap while you are taking pictures then just slide the camera back in and move on, this case has proved to be the best we have found.

I can see if you have quite a bit of gear (lenses, external flash, etc) this case may fall short on storage, but our setup with a 18-135mm zoom lens attached and a 55-250mm as a rare use lens, this case was leaps and bounds better than others we tried.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Case, July 6, 2012
This review is from: Case Logic DM-1000 DSLR Travel Pack (Electronics)
I bought this for my Nikon D5100. The case is very well built and looks pretty cool. It's nice that it does'nt advertise what's inside like "NIKON" or "CANON" on the outside. No point in giving potential thieves too much information. The case itself holds the camera securely and provides ample padding for any bumps that may occur. I'm not sure what would happen it were dropped though. It does have a solid plastic bottom that is nice for setting the bag down without it tipping over or getting wet from puddles or wet grass. The side pouches are big enough for a couple of extra lenses and hoods. The front pouch will hold small accessories and the rear pouch is good for thin items like lens pens and cleaning cloths. The inner pouch has a removable case that can stay with the camera. It's nice for shielding the camera from mist or dust. It has a loop for attaching it to the camera strap but this is a little awkward when taking pictures. It's best just to take it totally off the camera and store it in the case when taking photos.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for a hike / used with my D7000, September 17, 2012
This review is from: Case Logic DM-1000 DSLR Travel Pack (Electronics)
Like any other camera bag, fit it going to depend upon your gear. For me, this is a great bag to go hiking with and keep everything securely in place. My Nikon D7000 with 18-105mm lens fit perfectly in the main compartment. There are two side slots for additional lenses/flashes, however, what you decide to put in these compartments will matter. I found that when I have my camera packed, along with a 50mm prime and 10-20mm wide angle, it's a bit difficult to get the lenses out as it's a rather right fit. The prime lens is small and it sits down further making it difficult to get out without removing the camera first. However, if you're using a smaller DSLR, say a 3100/5100 or the Canon Rebels, you won't have a problem at all fitting two lenses in comfortably. This is why I gave this 4 out of 5 stars. It really depends on your camera. If you have a larger DSLR, I really wouldn't plan on having the room to carry two additional lenses, so the description is somewhat misleading.

I love the fact that this has a separate sleeve for your camera. I was going to buy one anyhow and it's nice that it's included in this.

3.0 out of 5 stars Will work if you don't have too many accessories., June 23, 2013
This review is from: Case Logic DM-1000 DSLR Travel Pack (Electronics)
I have a 4/3 camera with some extra accessories. This case was a little awkward for me to use. A 100-300mm lens with the sun hood did not fit. I had to remove the hood and turn it around for it to partially fit. The lens hood was too wide and there is nothing that can be done to fix that.

Pros:
Pull out soft camera pouch
Rubber bottom to protect the bottom of the case
Nice side pouches for camera lenses.

Cons:
Small accessory zipper area - not much room for any accessories
Falls over easy due to small footprint
Zippers between carrying handle side pouches are too close together (can't easily distinguish between them without looking)
For me - lens pouches not wide enough

The travel pack case just didn't suit my needs. I kept trying to use it and tried to make it work, but in the end I ended up going with a backpack style camera case (Evecase - black and gary).

This case would be perfect for the person with a simple DLSR setup.

4.0 out of 5 stars Increased protection, July 1, 2012
This review is from: Case Logic DM-1000 DSLR Travel Pack (Electronics)
I am especially fond of the day holster. It's light weight, convenient, and adds the perfect amount of protection for the frequent use of the camera. I use The bag itself holds my extra lens and the charger.

4.0 out of 5 stars Roomy camera bag that fits all my gear in one bag, April 2, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Pros
+ Ample room to fit my camera and lenses
+ Handle on top
+ Sturdy case
+ Waterproof base. I like this in case I have to set the bag down in a hurry to capture a shot, I don't have to worry about moisture getting through the bottom.
+ Includes removable day pack for my compact camera
+ Spacious compartments for additional storage on the side and one in back for flatter items.
+ Small compartment in front where I put my memory cards and extra batteries
+ 25 year quality guarantee

Cons
- Made in China and looks kind of cheap because of the stitching. The actual bag looks nice, it's just the stitching. It is bright orange and looks hastily done. I like the orange as an accent color, I just think the way it is done looks cheap and like someone in beginner's sewing was practicing stitching on it. It doesn't even look like part of a design, it just looks random and messy. The one on the back compartment is especially baffling. This is my actual only complaint about the bag.

3.0 out of 5 stars Shoulder strap?????, May 7, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
When I first got this case something about the over shoulder strap bothered me and it still does.

If...you have a small camera and you have small lenses to go on this small camera and you don't mind carrying this bag with your hands and not over the shoulder, then this is the bag for you. The bag itself seems padded enough, although I didn't drop it to check it out. My older camera is a canon digital rebel XT and it fits into the middle part with room to spare with a small lens attached. Two small lenses fit in either side comfortably.

There is another sort of case to go over the camera I guess in case you want extra protection for you camera. This is where it gets complicated. I think it is just something to add to the description to make the camera bag more desirable as a whole. If...you put this other case over your camera, it doesn't go into the main bag quite so easily. My camera also has an extra battery pack attached so it doesn't go into the extra cover at all. I would have to rework my stuff completely to make this work for me. It just isn't worth all of that.

Now, all that said and done, this is my problem with this bag. Although there is a shoulder strap included, it isn't worth much in my opinion. It is nylon but it is very thin. Might make a good dog leash though. The plastic loops it attaches to on the bag aren't what I would trust to alot of money that I have invested even in this older camera not to mention my lenses.

So, if you have a light camera that has the lens included within the camera and you want to carry it around by the handle and you want a snack later to put in the bag, or some place to carry your purse stuff, then this is the bag for you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bulky but well built, will keep your camera dry, September 27, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This camera bag is built to hold a camera and two extra lenses. There is also a small compartment up front for a charger or what-not and a mesh zippered area on the back. It's definitely sturdy but a little bigger than I had hoped. At first the bulk stopped me from using it for day-trips, but it's perfect for longer trips when you need a little bit more with you. The inner sleeve is nice if you want it - it adds extra protection while the camera is in the bag and pops out and can protect your camera if you're just taking that on the go. Obviously, it's meant for a bigger lens, actually, the whole bag is set up for someone with larger lenses (it easily holds my Canon 24-70mm, 100mm macro, and a 70-300mm zoom), but it will be too small to hold the longest zooms, and if you're carting around a 35mm or 50mm prime, you're wasting a lot of space.

Once again, it's outstanding feature is it's ruggedness. The zippers are strong, the nylon fabric is tough, and the bottom is made of stiff soft-touch plastic that should make it ok for setting down on damp surfaces. There's a cushioned handle and a shoulder strap as well. The strap is actually the weak link here, as its's thin and the pad slides around a lot, but it's hardly a deal-breaker.

4.0 out of 5 stars Small but practical, September 11, 2012
This review is from: Case Logic DM-1000 DSLR Travel Pack (Electronics)
This is a nice case but smaller than expected. When I first received it my first reaction was it is too small, I wanted to return it and get a Vanguard Adaptor backpack instead. Needless to say that after taking time to try fitting my gear my opinion quickly changed and I kept the case. My Nikon D7000 was able to fit with a Nikon 40mm micro attached. The day holster provides extra protection for the camera inside the case and is nice to have when you don't need the case, the camera will rest on your chest at an angle however (see their picture). The case is very well padded. It is small and light and ironically that's why I like it now. In the side pockets sits a Nikon 50mm 1.8 D with leftover space ( a telephoto lens will probably fill most of the pocket). In the other side pocket I was able to fit the camera charger (cable separately in the front pocket) and my canon G11 "advanced point and shoot" (bigger and thicker than your average point and shoot). So I was happy about that. The back zippered pocket was too small to fit my WhiBal white balance card which fits easily in the main compartment behind the camera. As you probably know by now the strap is the weakest feature of this case. It really has a different quality than the rest of the case. It is really low quality, looks weak, not well padded!! Basically cheap!! For the quality of the case it should be better. Does it bother me when I carry the case? No! Because the case with the above gear in it is surprisngly light and small and very convenient. Hope this helps.

Case Logic DM-1000 DSLR Travel Pack