Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Case Logic DSM-103 Large DSLR with iPad Messenger Bag (Black)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it CaseLangVeirs Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

Size: Large|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
For the last few years, I've carried one of my DSLRs and a couple of lenses and accessories in a Tamrac messenger bag. It's been a good bag, and I like the messenger bag style, but I have to say that the Case Logic bag goes beyond what I could have imagined for a messenger bag. It clearly was designed by someone who's actually traveled with camera gear. It's big enough to easily hold my Nikon D3200 with 18-200 zoom lens, a 12-24 zoom lens, a flash, plus accessories like card reader, memory cards, mini tripod, extra batteries, and battery charger. There's plenty of padding to protect everything, and the outer fabric looks tough enough to resist scraping or ripping.

But it's the extra touches that really make the bag stand out as a winner: things like a stowaway waterproof poncho to protect the bag's contents in the rain, the waistband to help take some of the load off your shoulders, and the extra grip at the base to help put the bag into an overhead bin on a plane.

I'm looking forward to taking the bag on my next trip.
VINE VOICEon March 25, 2014
Size: Small|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Hey everyone, just noticed that the headline for this item reads 'messenger bag', which usually is a sort of large floppy bag you can fit a laptop and some notebooks into. Please note that this DSLR case is in fact mostly just a DSLR case - I have no idea why they're calling it a 'messenger bag.'

That said, it's pretty nice! It's definitely big enough to fit your DSLR into along with a couple of lenses, or a higher-end point and shoot with some accessories. It's got the kind of styling that I personally really like - with a detachable lens on, it can be organized so the camera faces down and rests on some padding - then the weight of the camera isn't on the end of the lens. That said, the dividers inside are completely removeable, so you can arrange this however you like. (There are two of them and they're fuzzy with velcro on both ends - they 'grip' to the soft inside of the bag, and the hold is what I would describe as 'very firm.')

The bag does have a small outside pocket and two 'grab straps' so you can pick it up from the front or the top. The description advertises 'water bottle pockets' on both sides and I'm personally not sure what I think about that - a SMALL water bottle, sure, but anything larger than that like a Camelbak bottle certainly isn't going to fit. You likely could fit a small fixed lens or a packet of filters. The pockets are deep and the top is elasticized, so your stuff shouldn't fall out with normal use.

It's nice and thickly padded. The strap has a nice rubberized shoulder grip pad; the drop is about 24" from the top of the bag. The back of the bag is mesh padding, NOT a pocket, which will be a pro or con depending on what you're looking for.

The real selling point of this bag, though is the semi-concealed pocket at the bottom of the bag that holds a weatherproof cover. HOW many times have I wished for this when caught outside in a sudden shower while taking pictures?! Many many scenes of panic while trying to cram a camera bag under my coat come to mind. These bags are fairly well water resistant but they are NOT waterproof, which means your stuff will get damp. Thrilled to find they have finally tuned into that fact and included a cover. BE AWARE the cover is folded and the case comes with it stowed into a dedicated bottom pocket - I turned the house upside down looking for mine, sure it had been left out of the package, until the truth slowly dawned (and now I'm embarrassed! :))

In my mind you just can't have too many of these bags. I inherit another DSLR every time my semi-pro photographer spouse upgrades, and it's nice to have everything packed into its own bag so I can 'grab and go' depending on what I need to shoot. Downside: Smaller than other similar bags in this price range. Upside: The smaller size means less unnecessary bulk and weight if you don't have a lot to carry. If what you want is a bag to house a DSLR or a higher-end point and shoot with an extended lens, this will probably suit your needs beautifully.
VINE VOICEon September 27, 2013
Size: Large|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a very nice bag for a camera, for a shoulder bag carried with a digital camera and a couple of extra lenses. It also can hold other digital devices. The built in storage compartments hold the camera and lenses in padding that protects, and yet is easy access for quick action.

This is not a generic bag, one that can just be stuffed with computers or ham sandwiches. It is a photographer's bag. I stuffed in a small handheld digital movie camera, and it fit perfectly in one of the two side "lens" holders. It holds a full digital camera with removable lens just fine.

I seem to be accumulating lots of little bags for computers, phones, cameras, and gym socks. This one is designed for cameras, and it is a good design, sturdy, easy to use, well put together. If you are a camera guy...
on December 9, 2015
I really like this bag since I don't want to look like a typical tourist in Europe. With a suit or sport coat this makes me look like a local businessman with his messenger bag. It's large enough to put a small tripod inside along with multiple lenses and flash. I also purchased the Case Logic medium size bag for times when I don't take as much equipment. The quality is first rate--smooth zippers, robust padding and nice little places to stash memory cards, batteries, etc. The bottom is not flat, so if you set it down it rolls onto it's side but that's a minor issue. The rain cover is reassuring to have for protection.
on January 14, 2014
The bag is large enough for what I wanted, in fact, maybe a little bit too large. It has some odd features. For starters, there is a handle on the bottom front. I really haven't figured out what I would use it for yet. There is a compartment on the bottom that holds a rain cover--that's nice. There is no pocket on the back side, but there is a padded panel (for comfort, I guess) and a (for lack of a better word) tunnel through which is a strap for your waist. Personally, I don't think I would use a waist strap for a shoulder/messenger bag, but maybe some people do. For me, I would rather have a large pocket. As with some bags the front pockets don't have much in the way of expansion room. I guess the designers figured you would only put thin items such a a few sheets of paper in them. I put my batteries and memory card cases in them and they fit, but they "pooch" out a lot and even intrude into the inside of the bag which reduces the space inside for you camera, lenses and other items. Also kind of different, but I see the utility of it under certain circumstances, there is a small flap tucked inside its own compartment on the inside bottom of the flap--you pull it out and it covers the velcro on the flap so the flap covers the bag but the flap velcro doesn't hook to the velcro on the bag--that way the velcro is in "silent" mode. I guess when you are shooting wildlife and you need to be quiet, that is a good feature.

There is a slot for a laptop or tablet in the main compartment. There is a zipper opening in the top and well as the flap to gain access to the main compartment. However, the zipper opening is really only large enough to get the laptop/tablet. I can't get my camera through it and my camera is only a medium sized DSLR. There is another different but useful feature on the flap--you fold the flap inwards and it will match up to some velcro at the top of the flap and the flap is now half size and only covers the top of the bag and won't latch closed. The makes for quick access when you are actively changing lenses or are often accessing items inside the bag--just be careful you don't let the bag tilt or everything inside could fall out. There are quite a few dividers that are included and you could customize the bag in so many different ways. There are two vertical dividers, one taller than the other, two dividers that are segmented initially configured to wrap around a couple of lenses, and another divider, also segmented, that, as initially configured, supports the camera between the two vertical flaps.

The two side pockets have no closure mechanism. They are a lightly stretchy mesh, but I wouldn't put anything in them that I wouldn't mind losing.

The items I was able to fit into the bag with room to spare:
DSLR body (medium size) with 18-55 mm lens attached
manuals
lens cleaning rag
USB cable
Apple Lightning to SD card Reader

I wish the designer had put another pocket in the flap--that would have been handy. I also wish that the bag material had the soft velour-like material like my smaller Tamrac Express 7 bag rather than the vinyl and mesh. The velcro is extremely strong!

Plus, this bag was $20-$30 cheaper than the other bags I considered.

All in all, I'm happy with this purchase.
Size: Large|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I had a smaller bag for my Nikon camera and lenses, but I love this larger bag. The compartments are cushy with plenty of protection for the lenses. The camera fits snugly in the center and the buckles and wide flap keep everything very secure. It is a little bit big to carry a long way, such as a trail hike, but excellent for car travel or short walks. The wide, thick strap is very comfortable on the shoulders. I usually prefer metal snaps, but these are a very hard, tough looking plastic that I believe will hold up well. I also love the shorter handle in the middle for picking it up quickly to hoist in the trunk, etc. I would love to see this bag in a waterproof design. I'm wondering if the material would hold up to a spray waterproofing without discoloration. I may test that out at a later date since we are often caught out in the rain while on outdoor vacations. The case is easy to wipe off and doesn't seem to hold dust. It also has plenty of room for the instruction DVD's that came with my camera, as well as room for extra lenses.
on May 13, 2014
Size: Small|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The Case Logic DSM-101 Luminosity camera bag is another well designed Case Logic storage solution for your DSLR. It is well made and the foam dividers are durable and allow you to adjust exactly how you want to use use the main storage compartment. I have a Cannon T4i and this case was able to easily accommodate its size. Unfortunately I was not able to safely store some of my alternate lenses with the camera. It also does not provide the padding or support that some of the other Case Logic bags offer (see below for a comparison):

*** Positive Points of the Case Logic DSM-101: ***

- Well made with a thoughtful layout
- Water- resistant cover is easy to to use (once you figure out it is on the bottom of the case)
- Front zipper pocket easily accommodates a cell phone and some memory cards

*** Negative Points: ***

- Does not have the offer a whole lot of storage for accessories
- Padding is not as good as some of the other Case Logic offerings
- Front pocket is very small

*** Overall :***

While this case is indeed well designed and well made the Case Logic SLRC 202 Medium Sized DSLR case (found here: ASIN: B001TZWNF0 ) offers better protection and more organized space in a similar overall size and price.

*** Advantages of the SLRC 202 over this case are: ***

- Zippered main pocket that has an adjustable hammock suspension
- 2 zippered side pockets that easily accommodate large zoom lenses (I have a 55-250 mm stored in one and a GO PRO Hero stored in the other)
- Front pocket is able to hold battery charger for Canon T4i (this does not fit in the front pocket of the DSM 101)
- Top Carrying handle is thicker and more well made making it easy to carry
- Bottom of the case is made of hard rubber which will protect your camera in case of a drop

*** Advantages of the DSM 101 (shown on this page) ***

- Adjustable dividers that can function as a hammock
- Hidden waterproof cover that can be easily installed and removed
I use this bag around town for carrying my DSLR, several lenses and my tablet. It's ideal as a commuter bag for the photographer on the move in urban and suburban environments. there's nothing flashy on the bag saying 'hey purse-snatch me!' while it's well padded to protect my gear. I appreciate the roomy adjustable sections for my lenses - depending what I plan to shoot I load my bag with macro lenses or telephoto lenses or a mixture of lenses, confident they are securely stowed. The quality construction is very durable. I would definitely buy this bag again, it is far more convenient than my traditional Canon bags.

Note: Larger 15.6" laptops will NOT fit into this bag, moderate sized laptops will be tight, at best.
on May 25, 2014
I'm happy with the bag and it appears to be exactly what I wanted. However, I have not used it on a trip yet. But, it has all the features I was looking for: I can keep the bag in front of me, unlike a backpack; I can keep other things, along with my DSLR in it, like passport, tablet, etc.; It's not built like a camera bag with a wide front to back measurement, this should make it easier to keep close to my body; it also has a waist strap that will keep it from bouncing around while hiking; and it comes with a rain cover. If I'm still satisfied when I get back from my next trip, this should be 5 stars.
on March 5, 2014
I just returned from a week in California. I carried this bag on the plane and also on a train in Cal. I packed one camera body and two lenses and had plenty of room for accessories. Next year I will probably take two large zooms and a short zoom and I am sure they will all fit in the bag. I have had lots of camera bags but this is the best one I've used for a "carry-on". I highly recommend this to anyone who dosen't need to carry a lot of equipment.