Case Logic FLXM-101 Reflexion DSLR with iPad Small Cross Body Bag (Morel)
Color Name: MorelChange
Price:$39.99 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

VINE VOICEon April 26, 2013
Color Name: PomegranateVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a rugged messenger style bag which has a single strap that goes across your body.

The material is smooth but tough and feels good to the touch.

There is a large central storage pocket which is padded on all sides and can fit a larger SLR such as the Canon 5D Mark II with a 70-200 f2.8 lens attached and still has room for one extra lens and flash and your ipad.

There is a padded pouch (which is removable) which will fit a smaller dSLR like a Rebel XT or similar entry level SLR with lens attached and has a separate lens pocket. This pouch will NOT fit larger SLR bodies.

There are two water bottle holder pockets on the exterior which fit typical water bottles and are a bit tight with gatorade size bottles. There are little holes at the bottom of the water bottle pockets to let out liquids if you spill or have leaky bottles so it doesn't pool in the pockets (a nice touch).

There are plenty of exterior pockets and zippered pockets to hold battery chargers, memory cards, headphones, and lens caps.

There is an easy to reach external pocket to access your cell phone or lens cap.

The zippers are very sturdy and work smoothly.

The shoulder strap is padded and adjustable.

The bag is large enough that it doesn't look like a man purse.

Overall, well made bag with many uses and nice details.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 15, 2013
Color Name: MorelVerified Purchase
I see people complaining that this bag is too small. I find this odd, because it's called a "Small Cross Body Bag". Also, the dimensions, both inner and outer, are given in the description. And Case Logic makes a slightly larger version of this same bag, the FLXM-102.

While this bag is small, I find that it has plenty of space for its intended purpose.

I'm using this bag with my OM-D E-M1 and a Really Right Stuff base plate, mounted with the 4/3 14-54mm f/2.8-3.5 II attached using an MMF-3 adapter and its hood reversed. Also an adapted legacy Canon 50/1.4 with Bluecell screw-on hood in the smaller side division of the inner bag. The camera just slides in lens down and with the legacy lens, just fills padded inner bag.

Under the inner bag, at the bottom of the outer bag, is my FL-600R Flash laying flat in its bag.

Next to the inner camera bag on the left side, in its own cheap neoprene case, is my 4/3 50-200mm f/2.8-3.5 (non-SWD), which, while small for what it is, is NOT a small lens in absolute terms (it fills the whole height of the bag and about 1/4 of its width). Dropped into the bottom near the 50-200 is the FL-LM2 Flash that came with the E-M1.

On top of all of this, I can put my iPad in the padded side pocket, and cleaning supplies, media, a transfer cable, and extra batteries in other small pockets. I even have a small emergency table-top tripod stuffed in there.

The bag isn't the easiest to get closed with all of this stuff in it. The way Case Logic have made the zipper work, with the end tabs, has advantages and disadvantages. On the positive side, it makes the top of the bag open wide when you need it to, without adding to the bulk of the bag. The downside is that you have to use two hands on each side to close the zipper, one to hold the tab, and the other to close the zipper. If the bag is too full, you have to go back and forth between stuffing things back in the bag and moving the zipper.

That said, opening the bag IS quite easy. Just grab one zipper in each hand and zip outward, and the bag is totally open. Or, if you're doing it one-handed, just pull each zipper tab towards the outside. Because of the way the shoulder strap is attached, the bag stays upright, and you won't topple your gear out onto the ground.

Overall, I'm quite happy. I'm using every cubic millimeter of this bag, which means I'm carrying no more bulk than I need to. Once I get my 12-40mm f/2.8 Pro lens, which is smaller than the 14-54, I expect it will be a little less tight in there, which will help a touch, though it's really not a problem right now and well worth it for the compactness of the overall package.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
VINE VOICEon May 4, 2013
Color Name: PomegranateVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I bought a Case Logic backpack about 6 month ago that fit my 17" laptop and was really impressed with the quality of design, engineering and manufacture. Unfortunately, the Small Cross Body Bag, in my opinion, just doesn't live up to the same quality of design, and I'd never choose it as a walkabout bag. The quality of materials and construction are top notch, but what is missing is the functionality. The strap is set off-angle to allow the case to sit upright against your waist or hip when the strap is worn across your body. The main compartment has an off-angle zipper and contains a medium-small area that is not divided into sections. Instead, there is a separate gray bag that you put your camera into, along with a second small lens and a battery. This smaller bag sits loose inside the larger area, and there is a bit of room for other thin or narrow devices such as a paperback book, spare pair of socks, etc.. I don't like the fact that I have to zip open the case, then open the gray bag to get at my camera. This for me is a deal breaker.

A cross body bag should allow fast access to the camera so as not to miss those wonderful travel shots of opportunity when they suddenly present themselves. The Reflexion bag more or less guarantees that those shots will be lost as you fumble to open 2 cases to get at your camera. It would have been much better to build in a series of dividers that hold the camera, lenses and extras instead of this separate bag. You can choose to not use the gray bag, but then your DSLR isn't secured and can bump around against your other lenses or equipment. The case will fit even a large DSLR (my Canon EOS 5D Mk II fit) but may not work well with extra long zoom lenses. There's a slot on the inside of the main compartment that will fit an iPad.

On the outside of the case there is a large fabric flap of material that secures via 2 snap fasteners, which I found quite tight and difficult to open, and equally difficult to snap closed again. Once the flap is opened there's a zippered pocket where you can stash a few things. The flap is a lot of material that doesn't really provide much functionality, and I question the designer's choice on including it at all.

Based on my earlier experience with Case Logic, I was expecting to be delighted with this camera case. Yes, it should keep your camera safe when you tote it around, but the interior storage spaces are not well-designed for quick and easy access, and that flap of material is really pointless and offers little functionality. For $80 there are many other small cases that will protect your DSLR and fit a couple of lenses, batteries, digital cards that are much better designed.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
The manufacturer commented on this review (What's this?)
To L. Williams
Hello L. Willams, Greetings from Case Logic. Thank you for your review and feedback. We understand your frustration having to open the case and then even the gray pod at the inside. The drawstring closure was intended to give your cmera extra protection when the pod is not inside of the bag but left behind e.g. at the hotel or at home when you are using the bag as your everyday bag. We would like to recommend that you pull the drawstring closure open and down the sides of the pod when it is inside of your bag for quicker and easier access to your camera. We have uploaded some additional images to illustrate this. We hope this improves your experience with the bag, have fun using it!
VINE VOICEon May 31, 2013
Color Name: PomegranateVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I really like this bag more than I thought that I would.

My complaints:

Only the Zipper secures the camera main compartment and
there is no cover over the zipper for weather resistance.
If the Plastic zipper dies there is NO way to secure the
camera/lens compartment.

The cross body strap CAN NOT be removed. You have no choices if the
strap is damaged or you want to connect it to something
to keep it more secure.

The outer flap pocket is made more for fashion than
function. You really can't put much in it due to the slanted
slash opening. I use it for extra memory cards.

Things I like about the bag:

It has a removable camera/lens pouch which I keep in the bag
and insert my Canon 5DII with Canon 24-105 WITH lens hood
in the Vertical position and right next to it I have the
Canon 70-300 L IS lens.

I do wish there was more padding
in the ends, but there are water bottle holders ( for skinny bottles)
that can be padded for extra protection when not being used
for bottle holders.

This bag does NOT scream, "Steal me I'm expensive camera gear".
Great for travel and it has compartments for passports, extra notepads
etc under the outer flap.

There is also the iPad/Kindle/whateverpad slot in side the main
compartment, but I can't get the zippered main compartment closed
with my Canon 5DII and Canon 70-300 L IS and iPad Mini in side.
This is NOT a deal breaker for me and I have found that if I rearrange my gear I can MAKE
things fit, just not an easy fit with my kit set up.

The material is very durable and there is a rubberized bottom as well.
There is a small zippered pouch inside the main compartment which
works well for filters, batteries etc.

I like the top handle, but I wish it was a bit beefier for my gear.

A touch larger would be nice for those of using pro gear, but
for lighter/smaller gear probably just right.

I would consider a bigger bag, but I love the size of this bag, so I make do with
the tighter quarters for my "by the door" kit.

Overall, a nice travel bag or in town bag with a few caveats.
For a heavy duty/weather bag I'd look else where.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
VINE VOICEon April 24, 2013
Color Name: PomegranateVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Pros:
Very well made:
1.Strong quality fabric
2. heavy duty zippers with pulls
3. rubber material on bottom to help with wear and tear
4. Shoulder belt made from strong but softer material so it doesn't cut into your body - padded area for shoulder
5. Nice padding for camera I thought the bag itself was heavy - it weighs 1.8 lbs!
6. Densely woven fabric is water resistant, although it doesn't say so. I sprayed the back of it with the kitchen faucet spray feature - excess water beaded up and rolled off - the fabric did absorb some water but was dry within 5 minutes.
7. Side pockets hold an average size water bottle
8. Multipe pockets: flap pocket semi functional. Zip compartment with pockets under the flap most functional for wallet/keys/phone etc. Small zip pocket in main body maybe for keys? It's a shallow pocket on 2" deep so not quite sure what I'd put in there other than keys.
9. comfortable to wear across body - if somewhat heavy - with my camera/wallet/keys/phone/ipad/flash/full water bottle - it was 7.8 lbs
10. handle on top to carry is nice option
11. ipad with leather cover actually fits into the ipad pocket! the ipad pocket is lightly padded for additional protection
12. separate, padded, removable "pouch" for camera, with drawstring closure and handles. Nice for easy removal if you alternate using as a purse or a camera bag
13. If used as a purse, it's more functional, holding ipad, book, make up bag, plenty of room in the pockets under the flap for wallet, phone, etc. Space available in flap pocket if you want to put your phone there

Cons:
Design flaws:
1. the outer flap has a curved zipper pocket which is unusable if you use this as a camera bag. I could only unzip it a couple inches and barely get 2 fingers in.
2. the snaps on the outer flap were VERY difficult for me to close, I could not do so when wearing the bag, I had to put the bag on the counter and use force
3. The heavy duty zipper for the main compartment is long and the ends extend into the stretch pockets on the sides, so if you do put a water bottle in this portion will extend a few inches in front or in back of the water bottle.
4. Suggested use for side pockets was water bottle and umbrella - both do fit nicely but the umbrella extends above the top of the bag which was awkward as it kept hitting my body.
5. my panasonic camera fit into the smaller camera bag, but there was absolutely no room for additional lens as shown in the picture. I could barely squeeze the flash in. My Panasonic is about 5.25" across the back, the camera bag was approx 7" across with the camera in it so you can see there is no room for additional lens. Your camera may be smaller. There is a smaller pocket in the camera 'pouch' for an extra battery.
6. As you know, once you begin filling up all the pockets provided, the pockets become less functional as space is used. For instance IF you used the flap pocket, it's difficult to fill the pocket space under the flap. IF you have your camera in the bag, only the slimmest items will fit into the pockets under the flap and the flap pocket is useless

I would use this bag for work, I felt it was more functional. It could be a purse/briefcase and is not oversized. The bag balances well across body and would be comfortable while waiting for train or bus. I felt the bag was secure, so it would be difficult to rip off your ipad or phone (as opposed to many bags I have seen which gape open) I found it less functional as a camera bag, I would use it only for short photography sessions when I wouldn't want to change lenses etc. I also have a cannon camera backpack, which I think is more functional when I'm planning to be out for most of the day, there's plenty of room for ipad, water, wallets etc.
Oddly, that bag when fully loaded including additional lens AND camera weighed 9 lbs..
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
The manufacturer commented on this review (What's this?)
To J. Weber
Hello J. Weber, Greetings from Case Logic. Thank you for your review and feedback. We would like to clarify that the snaps to the front compartment actually have some finger loops underneath the snap. This is intended to make closing the snaps easier. We have uploaded some additional images to illustrate this. We hope this improves your experience with the bag, have fun using it!
on April 17, 2014
Color Name: PomegranateVerified Purchase
I LOVE this bag! the color is slightly more purple than the pink I see on my computer screen, but gorgeous color nonetheless. The fabric is fantastic, sortof a heavy duty canvas-y type of thing. Hard to describe, but fantastic. Definitely not waterproof/stainproof though - I'd grab a can of whatever that stuff is that you use to waterproof leather boots and shoes if you are hoping to spend a lot of time out in the elements with it.

The bag itself is really sturdy and doesn't feel cheap in any way. The zipper across the top feels heavy-duty and has ginormous teeth. Honestly, my zipper is a little stiff, I'm considering a small dab of WD-40 just to make it glide easier, but I'd rather have it too stiff than too lose.

The padded insert that comes with this bag is totally ridiculous and worth switching out. It is rather short, and it's only wide enough to fit two items inside (say camera/lens and a flash, or a camera/lens and second lens), but is just bulky enough that you can't easily hold a third item like another lens outside of the insert. To remedy this, I purchased this ApeCase insert - it fits perfectly and makes the bag a hundred times more functional. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009GA6CS4/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_12 (I got the 10.25 x 7 x 4 size). With this insert I can fit a D800 and two FX lenses nice and snug.

The mesh pockets on the outside are great for small items, but is a little bit too tight if I try to hold my cell phone and slightly bulky wallet both in one side. It might hold a thin water bottle, though I haven't tried to say for sure.

I love that for such a small bag, it feels like there are a good number of pockets and storage options. Inside the main compartment there is an ipad area and a zippered pocket. On the outside there are the two mesh pockets on the ends, a flat zippered area in the top flap, and a zippered pocket with small organizer under the flap.

The handles are attached at an angle that makes cross-body wear extremely comfortable. The strap is sown directly on the bag instead of using connector rings so it never gets bunched up. it comes off the bag at probably a 45 degree angle, situating it perfectly for cross-body wear. If anything, it's actually a little awkward to hold on one shoulder for that same reason, but because it's so comfortable, I don't find myself messing with it or moving it from shoulder to shoulder or anything like that.

The bottom of the bag is covered in some sort of super-gripy black fabric, so when you set the bag down, it's not sliding anywhere. Unless you tip it over, that sucker will be staying put until you pick it up. On the one hand, it's not as easy for me to store this bag on a top closet shelf since I cat easily reach up and slide it in and out, on the other hand, the fact that it stays put in all conditions is awesome!

Camera bags are such a hard thing to buy and really never ever perfect in all ways, but overall, this bag has made me super happy and feels very high-quality for the price paid. I would buy it again (or the larger size, even), no question.
on July 30, 2014
Color Name: MorelVerified Purchase
I have been looking for a bag of this size with the following capabilities

1) Slot for iPads
2) Removable partition so it allows bigger partitions to be place in the bag
3) Pockets for other items inclusive of passports, smartphones
4) Small enough to be placed in my traveling bag when I need to lug my notebook around so I can remove it and use it without the big bag

This one fits almost all that i wanted. Only thing is its taller than I would have preferred which is just a very personal thing
on March 26, 2015
Color Name: Morel
I live in Mexico, have no car and walk almost everywhere. Almost every bag I own was bought sight unseen and delivered by Amazon. I found this bag in a camera shop while on a trip to Panama. How nice to see it in person before buying! Sorry Amazon. I now own 8 or 9 camera bags and this is by far my favorite walk around bag but it's not the elusive perfect bag. A couple of people have commented that it sticks out too far from the body... it's a CROSS body bag so if you just hang if from a shoulder it will stick out but hangs great when used as a cross body bag.

PROS
1 Nice color and doesn't look like a camera bag.
2 The wide mouth opening provides really quick access. I don't use an around the neck camera strap.
3 Inner zippered pocked is great for storing lens pen, lens cap and a pen.
4 I set my bag down in some pretty nasty places and the rubberized bottom is a nice touch.
5 Lots of room for a T3i with 18-270 lens, 10-24 ultra wide, spare cards, spare batteries, filter packet, salt and pepper shakers, hand cleaner, water bottle, compact umbrella, bucket hat and a bunch of other little things. I have added a small fisheye lens on occasion and it's a tight fit but it works.
6 The zipper on the top has nice big tabs on each end, is really heavy duty and looks as if it will last a long time.
7 The pockets under the flap are very versatile and I can get my big fingers to the bottom of them.
8 The pocket on the outside of the flap is questionable as stuff can fall out easily but is OK for a map or similar item if your not too concerned about loosing it.
9 The inner ipad pocket is a great place to keep a folded bucket hat and a plastic bag to protect the camera bag in rain.
10 Nice wide strap and non-slip pad that stays put when moving the bag around. The wide strap doesn't get twisted like narrower ones.
11 This bag fits and hangs great on my hip while shooting. If I need to walk for a bit without shooting I will shorten the strap and slide the bag around to the small of my back which is very comfortable for a long period.

CONS
1 The water bottle pockets are a too tight and I would like them to be a bit deeper too.
2 The small pocket at the bottom of the insert kept snagging on lens hoods so I cut it out.
3 Snaps on the outer flap are difficult to use with my big fingers even with the finger loops. I know you are supposed to put a finger under the loop while snapping but my fingers are too big. I will replace snaps with velcro.
on June 20, 2013
Color Name: PomegranateVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The way this bag is setup it seems like it's more meant to be a purse with the ability to carry some camera gear, along with an ipad or tablet of some kind.

There are a number of pockets all over the place. I'll start from the outside and go in.

The outer flap pocket.
Set on an angle and has a standard style zipper. It's an angled sipper so maybe good for putting a phone in, or something you are going to want frequent easy access to.

Stretch pockets on either side:
Maybe good enough for a standard small bottle of water but I wouldn't trust them to hold very well.

Under front flap:
Another zippered pocket, stretches the full width of the bag upside down U shape zipper for easy access) and about 2/3rds the front. It has a lot of smaller pockets to organize papers, cards and so on and maybe leave a couple pens in there or other small items you want quick access to. Probably a good spot to keep makeup in to keep it away from a camera stored in the main pocket.

Second zipper pocket in the pocket under the flap:
This is inside the one right before it. and just has a zipper to separate it from the rest of the pocket. zipper is at the top of the pocket and it stretches down the back of the pocket.

Main Zippered pocket:
Very large toothed zipper that is a bit of an upside down U. Once inside you have lots of places to go and a removable camera storage "bag". There is an upper pen/small items zippered pocket pocket that has a protector for the zipper tab (front side of bag). Next you have an open pouch on the back side of the bag which is sized for tablets like a full size ipad. Should fit most 10" or less tablets as long as there isn't a lot of excess around the screen. There is padding around this pouch that should work pretty well.

Padding on the bottom of the main compartment is pretty good and should do well, as long as you aren't abusive to your items/bag.

Removable camera storage bag:
This bag is good for most DSLRs and a lens but is not meant to hold the camera with a lens. It's setup to hold a camera body with it's cap on and then a standard zoom type lens, or medium prime lens. I was able to easily fit my Canon T2i with grip and 100mm macro lens into this inner removable pouch. It contains a small pocket in the camera area good for storing an extra battery or other items in there. This pouch takes up a good 2/3rds of the interior of the bag. You can get away with storing 2 smaller lenses (one on top of another inside the pouch lens compartment). Outside the camera pouch could easily store a 70-200 f/4 lens or larger but I wouldn't go crazy with it larger. Padding on the camera pouch is thin but adequate.

The main problem that I see with this bag is that there is no actual padding on the sides of the bag except the back. The back will protect your tablet from hits coming from outside the bag but if you want to carry a lens outside the main camera pouch then you will either need to use a padded lens pouch or go without protection and take the risk. Also there is no padding on the front side of the bag.

Overall, it's a good bag but I think it could use a little more padding. Call me a little OCD or neurotic but I personally like my lenses to be protected as well as the camera body. It just seems like there could be a little more padding in other areas of the bag.

The woman using it does like it but agrees with me, a little more padding would be useful around the rest of the bag. But it's still a good bag regardless.
VINE VOICEon June 20, 2013
Color Name: PomegranateVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a nice bag made of thick durable canvas material with a flap pocket, front pocket under the flap, and elastic pockets on each side. The main compartment opens on top like an old-fashioned physician's bag to create a square compartment about 11" x 7" with a padded compartmentalized pull-out insert with draw-string closure inside. The insert is large enough for a lens and camera body or for two lenses.

The main compartment has a zippered interior pocket on one side and an open pocket on the other. Once the insert is filled, there is still room for additional batteries, cords, and smaller accessories

The strap is a 2" wide web strap with a moveable shoulder pad. The base of the bag and shoulder pad are rubberized.

The only problem that I've had with this bag are the two snaps on the front flap. I find them difficult to snap closed without having to fight with them. The snaps are, however, on straps sewn on to the bag so that the backside of the snap has no chance of scratching the contents on the other side.

All very nicely thought out and designed. I see a lot of useful years with this durable and functional camera bag.

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations