Case Logic KSW-64 Koskin 72 Capacity CD/DVD Prosleeve Wallet (Black)
Size: 64Change
Price:$11.99 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on July 1, 2006
NOTE added 8 Feb 2015

My review of this product is now almost a decade old. I'm not going to delete it, and I stand by what I said about the change made to the product all those years ago. But I would also say that this old review should probably not be considered representative of whatever Case Logic is currently shipping under this UPC code. Anyone considering this product today should probably pay more attention to more recent reviews.

Original, unedited 2006 review follows:

It's true, CL has "improved" this product. In the process they ruined it. For one thing, they removed several features, for instance the new version does not have the removable fast file and lacks the slot for a label on the handle. Also, it is about 30% lighter, and obviously "cheaper" in many respects, e.g the sides are now lightweight nylon. I would be surprised if one of these new models holds up for even 30% as long as the old one. And it's UGLY: brown stitching on black faux leather looks awful!

There is one actual improvement in the new one - it was easier to open flat on a table. And one possible improvement - the attachment of the handle is apparently different, but you can't really tell if it's any better because it is hidden on the new one.

You can't blame Amazon - the new and the old one have the same UPC code (8585405012). But they are different part numbers: old = #60 2233002, new = #63-2400017-A.

I am disgusted with Case Logic for this crass and brazen attempt to squeeze a few pennies out of the production cost at the cost of huge loss of quality. I'm not going to touch any of their products again - IMO they cannot be trusted.
1717 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on July 27, 2006
I will admit that hands down case logic is THE BEST cd wallets you can buy. They are (usually) constructed with great quality and you actually feel that you get your money's worth. Even the protection it provides for the cd's that you put it in it is outstanding. I'm a scratch freak and I've noticed that Case Logic wallets do not put any scratches what-so-ever on your cd's or dvd's. Not even those little really light ones that you only see in bright light. Nothing bad to say about them at all, it was pretty much everything a CD wallet should be, at it's finest. BUT!, new this year is the redesigned version of these wallets and they are TERRIBLE! The previous models were superior to any other cd wallet out there. Now they have BROWN STITCHING put against black koskin leather. The handle looks completely cheap and it comes from inside the wallet. Letting you know that there is no telling what is holding it in place. The mesh screen IN the handle is gone, so no more labels can be placed in it. They are seriously terrible and that's all you can find when you go out shopping for one. I found this out and quickly rushed to my favorite local electronic store and bought the last (previous model 320 koskin) cd wallet that I was lucky to find in the very back of the shelf. The rest were the new UGLY and cheaply made ones at the SAME PRICE. I bought that wallet just in case I needed it within the year and good thing I did, because I needed it, and now need another. I'm now out of space and in desperate need for a new cd wallet, but I refuse to buy one of these new ones. It doesn't matter if you get the koskin leather (which is my favorite) or the fabric ones, they are both repulsive in this years model. So now I sit with old spool casings that used to hold all my blank cd's now holding my real cd's and dvd's until case logic comes back into focus and sells a better quality and improved (this time for real) cd wallet. This is pretty much everything that the previous 2 reviews say. I just COMPLETELY agree with everything they say and I'm hoping that somebody from case logic or word gets out to the people and they notice a huge slump in their sales this year. Please Case Logic, no more brown stitching, poor quality handles and less features in your next model design of these wallets... my fingers are crossed.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on February 14, 2006
I just received this case in the mail today. This is the second one I have bought off of amazon (this exact item), but this one was not exactly the case described and pictured above. It had a cardboard sleeve/carton wrapped around it that also described and pictured this item as it appears above. The cardboard wrapper didn't match the item in it.

I like the new design better though. It looks nicer, the Koskin material is slightly brown, but just barely (it looks black until you inspect it closely). The Handle is more secure, actually attached inside the material.

THE ONLY BAD DIFFERENCE IS THAT THE 16 SLOTS IN THE FRONT OF THE CASE AREN'T REMOVABLE, LIKE THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE. I own the other case (the one described and picture above), and the removable 16 CD folder is pretty handy.

Otherwise, I'm happy with the changes and will not return it. In fact, I'm ordering another one!! BUT, AMAZON SHOULD CHANGE THEIR DESCRIPTION.
on August 29, 2008
Ok, I almost didn't get this because of all the bad reviews, but I'm glad I did. Maybe it's not the same as the old version and maybe it's not as good, I don't know because I've never owned the old version, but this one is great. It feels sturdy, looks nice, and does its job.

One complaint I saw over and over was that it had brown stitching as opposed to black. Personally, I love the brown stitching. It seems to give it a more retro appearance.

Don't worry about the negative reviews. They are all from people who owned the first version. If this is the first time you're buying this one, you won't regret it.
on February 21, 2007
This is a great case. The negative reviews are valid, but this case works well for me. I only find this new design only slightly uglier than the old one, which I had a few years ago but got rid of because I didn't need it at the time. I have yet to see a large-capacity cd wallet that isn't hideous and a nuisance to keep cds organized in to some degree. I'm partial to keeping cds in their jewel cases with all the inserts, since they are easiest to keep alphabetized that way. But recently I've had to switch to a different storage solution, as I have at least 1000 cds and moved to a tiny apartment. I also expect to move a couple times more, so I needed something portable. I found this case to be one of the best for storing a large collection.

Pros: 1) Movable pages (a must for me); 2) Zippered (very important in my very dusty apartment); 3) Has a nice handle for portability; 4) soft sleeves that don't scratch my cds

Cons: 1) the plastic sleeves, since soft, aren't that sturdy, so probably would tear if slightly abused; 2) Can only hold very thin cd inserts just like all other cd wallets. You have to store each insert sideways so they fit in the sleeve, or store them separately like I do (I have too many thick inserts).
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on June 6, 2006
I like accessories that are functional and really work as they were intended and designed. Such is the case with this product. It holds CDs securely and safely. There is also room for accompanying booklets, manuals and the like. This CD Wallet is well thought out, functional and very durable.
on August 23, 2010
Most of the negative reviews for this Case Logic 336-Disc CD Wallet seem to be coming from people who liked features on the older model that Case Logic either altered or got rid of on the more recent model. I have only ever used the new model, so I can't speak to whether it's better or worse than it used to be, but only to what I encountered when I recently (August 2010) purchased 3 of these units.

Like most people, I'd imagine, I'm buying these because I got sick of CD jewel cases taking up so much space in my house. With their 336 disc capacity and nice sale price on Amazon, these Case Logic CD wallets seemed to be the solution. They arrived last week, and I spent a day interacting with these wallets quite a bit as I organized my CDs and put them into the wallets, so here's what I think:

1) Unlike some other reviewers, I don't find the brown stitching on the black wallets to be a big deal. I think these wallets are a bit better looking than many others on the market, even with the brown stitching, but in any case, let's get real - they're CD wallets, so they were never going to be beautiful. The color of the stitching isn't really what's holding them back from being an aesthetic asset to your home. CD wallets are depressing to look at no matter what. You will be happier if you store them in a cabinet out of sight, whatever color their stitching happens to be.

2) These wallets have an awesome capacity, and they are able to lie impressively flat almost to the last few pages of a wallet that has been filled with liner notes and CDs stored in the same pocket (i.e. making it overstuffed, since they recommend separating them, but I have too many CDs and didn't like to waste the space). I also really like the flat file portion in the front of the wallet, which is great for storing those fat booklets that sometimes come in CDs instead of standard liner notes, or just CDs that you want to be able to access quickly. Being able to remove this flat file wouldn't have added anything to my experience, but I understand why people who enjoyed that feature on the last model might be bitter that it's been removed. I would never have taken it out, though, so it's no biggie to me personally that it's no longer removable.

3) The handle seems really sturdy, and these store really nicely, keeping your CDs neat and dust free. Perhaps it would have been nice to be able to label the handles, as someone suggested you could on a previous model, but I tend to use our P-Touch Label Maker for stuff like this anyway, since it looks neater than handwritten labels, so again, no real biggie to me, and frankly the profile looks neater without the plastic sleeve on the handle that you'd need for a label.

Bottom line: My expectations were pretty basic: I just wanted a functional and durable-seeming CD wallet that held a lot of CDs and didn't cost too much loot. This Case Logic model fit the bill, so I'm happy with my purchase.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
This is a quality, easy to insert/remove DVD, zip closed, and store unit. Well made and looks good too. I trashed all my other cheap unusable wallets, and replaced them with this unit. My search is over..
on December 22, 2008
I have a lot of CDs and wanted to get rid of the jewel cases to reclaim some space in my living room. I read a lot of reviews before buying this case, and here is what made me choose it.

PROS
* Space for a lot of CDs (208 in the pages, 16 more up front) but not so many that it's a pain to carry.
* CDs are inserted from the top, *not the side*. This is huge because otherwise all the CDs would shake loose when carrying the case by it's handle.
* The handle is a definite plus for a case this size when more than half filled.
* Despite what manufacturer says, you *can* fit both the CD booklet and the CD into each pocket. Have not filled all the pockets yet, but have done so with another similar CaseLogic case. Some reviewers said that the pages filled with booklets and CDs will exceed the capacity of the binder. Again, have not filled this one to capacity yet but did not have this problem with the other similar case. Case Logic CD-R ProSleeve® Binder - 192 Discs
* Exterior is nice-looking black faux leather, smooth so easy to clean.

CONS
* Like every other CD wallet, the zipper comes nearly all the way to the edge but leaves a gap for dust to get in. I get that this is pretty unavoidable, but why not put the gap on the bottom rather than the top. That way no dust would get in, and way too small a gap to lose a CD.

OTHER
* The "binder" does allow pages to be pulled in and out for rearranging but I don't really plan to make use of that. Some people don't like that it only opens in front (so that all pages in front of the one that you want to remove must also be removed), but hardly a concern because I'm not going to be doing this several times per day.
* Some people complained that the binder is a little flimsy. Have not had problems with it but have not really stress tested it yet either.
on December 4, 2005
I have hundreds of CDs in several albums. As things were added randomly, most of the CDs are out of order, and finding anything is a severe pain. This album solves that, and I'm about to replace all my existing albums with it. Each page can be removed and rearranged, so CDs can be added to appropriate pages and then the pages can be added to albums in appropriate order.

I'm cautiously optimistic about the handle - it's been ok for me so far, and hopefully will be better than the handle on the album I just threw away (which was more rigidly attached and which ripped off after a few months).

Like all cases of the sort, standard CD liner notes fit, but larger notes and the backs of the CD liner have to be folded or rotated and hang out of the pocket. However, the quick-access thingy at the front is removable, and larger items can be stuck behind it, treating it as a pocket.

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations