4.0 out of 5 stars A lot of bag to like
Pros:

1. Light
2. Durable
3. Well thought out and constructed, aesthetically pleasing
4. Back mesh prevents overheating against your body
5. Adjustable straps around the chest and waist for extra support and portability
6. Can hold a DSLR with a 70-200 lens attached, plus 3 or 4 more lenses in the bottom compartment.
7. Three way...
Published 22 months ago by Amanda Richards

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit pricey for this particular brand.
Published 23 months ago by Tara Walker Gross

4.0 out of 5 stars A lot of bag to like, January 1, 2013
This review is from: Case Logic Kilowatt KSB-102 Large Sling Backpack for Pro DSLR and Laptop (Electronics)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Pros:

1. Light
2. Durable
3. Well thought out and constructed, aesthetically pleasing
4. Back mesh prevents overheating against your body
7. Three way access to the bottom compartment, plus customizable padding makes it easily adaptable
8. Padded lap top sleeve holds a 15" laptop
9. Top compartment and side pockets hold tons of extra gear such as memory cards, spare batteries, filters, remotes, lens cloths et al, plus a change of clothes and other personal stuff
10. Comes with a rain hood that covers the bag and your gear in inclement weather
11. Can fit on airplanes for travel
12. Bright orange interior makes it easy to find gear in a hurry

Cons:

1. Holds so much stuff that you tend to overpack, and THAT's when it weighs a ton
2. 9.6 x 8.1 x 16.5 inches sounds much smaller than it actually is. This bag is pretty big, but then of course it holds lots of stuff. Too big for everyday toting, but fine for photo shoots.
3. No compartment on strap for cell phone - not essential, but really handy
4. One external strap can possibly hold a tripod, but not very securely.
5. No water bottle pocket, but I guess you can attach one with a carabiner
6. Nice canvas zipper pulls, but I can see the pull tab breaking off from the slider, as that part is pretty thin. I wouldn't recommend grabbing the bag by the zipper pulls (if that's all you can reach without getting up.)

This is now the biggest camera bag of the three that I own, and probably the one I will be using for travel in the future.

Amanda Richards, January 1, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Update: Much Better With Time, October 27, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Recently, I've had to rely upon this backpack for serious excursions that have taken me all over the city carrying very heavy loads. I have been pleasantly surprised to find that over time, this backpack hasn't deteriorated but has actually IMPROVED with rugged use.

Initially, certain aspects of the construction of this backpack reminded me of another backpack I bought years ago that unraveled/shredded over time with minimal use. The zippers-except for the laptop compartment, felt cheap. Over a year later, instead of constantly catching, the zippers have become more fluid over time.

Likewise, the chest clip was another concern. One fell off when I first used the bag (top clip straps are not sewn on, but looped through). I haven't had a repeat occurrence-I faithfully check clips and never wear pack without them being clipped into place. Additionally, you can wrap ends of the hanging straps around themselves and secure with attached velcro.

The bottom clips have a metal part that seems to be a good replacement for a single moulded plastic piece. These giant partial paperclip-looking things have proven to be a good feature instead of a problematic one.

Also included is a removable lightweight waterproof cover that stretches over the backpack with elastic. It appears to stay on well enough, though I haven't needed to use it on any of my long treks.

This backpack has made it very comfortable for me to carry heavy loads long distances. The back, arm and waist straps are all well cushioned, so I don't feel the strain on my spine. This is a critical aspect to me, since I've suffered from back problems in the past.

The soft, removable internal storage walls can be reconfigured several ways when needing to separate the backpack into compartments. It should safely carry your camera with the high powered lens along with a good-sized laptop, as well as some odds and ends.

Time and experience has allowed me to appreciate the comfort, roominess and strength of this enduring bag (it easily carries an impressive ten 14 oz. and nine 28 oz cans-all at once).

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the modern day photographer, April 5, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is the perfect backpack for today's photographer who wants to take a laptop with him on the go, like most digital photographers do today. It's a little heavy, but that's necessary to make sure everything is well padded and kept safe. It's sturdy, and it snaps closed on the front, so it can't slip off, which is great! You can put it on and forget about it.

It has separate compartments for your laptop (up to 15.6 inches), your camera, your lenses, your tripod, and other stuff. It has zips and pockets everywhere. There's even a pocket that's perfect for storing your SD cards. And it comes with a waterproof cover. Seriously, they've thought of everything.

It is a little pricey, but it's worth it. You're not going to find a better digital SLR and laptop backpack anywhere. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bag for a Variety of Gear, November 15, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
When I had a film Canon SLR, I would have died for a bag like this to hold both the camera and lenses (I had four lenses total) and the laptop computer I didn't have at the time. Even now with my slightly less cumbersome carrying needs, I still find it difficult to find a bag that will hold everything I need to take with me on a trip.

I take a traditional point-and-shoot with a larger fixed lens, a smaller point-and-shoot, a digital camcorder, smart phone, laptop, batteries, cables, etc. and end up walking through the airport with an aching shoulder because I could only find the worst of tote bags that would hold everything and still go through as a carry-on.

With this bag I can secure my larger camera in the main camera compartment and place my smaller camera, camcorder, and other accessories on the "shelves" intended for lenses. I also love the additional padding in the laptop storage space and feel like I could fit my laptop and e-reader in there for travel.

I'm a shortie and smaller and liked how I could adjust these straps for a snug and bounce-free fit. it is sometimes hard to get an "adult" product that will work with odd heights, so I consider anything that does a keeper.

In short, this bag is a slice of heaven on earth for those of us who like "a place for everything and everything in its place." It should easily suit those with DSLR camera carrying needs as well as those of us with a hodgepodge of lesser digital camera and media equipment. I wish I would have had this when I traveled to a blogging convention in mid-2012 -- it would have saved my shoulder and made the experience more fun as I could have whipped out my camera in a flash (side access) to take a picture then secured as needed for general hopping. Live and learn.

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit pricey for this particular brand., November 12, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have a Dakine backpack with a laptop sleeve and a Lowepro DSLR backpack. While this Case Logic bag is a great IDEA, I feel that it's just too pricey for the quality. It is *very* well padded, I'll give it that, and I was pleasantly surprised at how much room it has for the size - they did a good job utilizing the space in it, basically. The rain cover is a great extra option as well. But Case Logic is usually one of the less expensive camera etc. case brands, and $150 for this particular bag - as others have said, the straps feel somewhat cheap, and the zippers are problematic and constantly catch - is just too high of a price when you can get a Lowepro (in my experience, much higher quality than any similar Case Logic item) laptop/camera backpack for less than $100.

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable, November 15, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Caselogic has long provided storage solutions for many consumer products. Looking for a convenient , well-constructed transport protection for my laptop , I was thrilled to find that Caselogic manufactured one.
The well-constructed , durable design makes for a great storage solution. There is still plenty of "bonus" room even after you have your laptop and DSLR inside.
As with all Caselogic products , I envision that this will outlive the product it is designed to protect

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Camera Bag, January 16, 2014
Roomy; I can carry two SLR cameras and a couple of lenses. The price is excellent, much less than similar styled camera bags from other companies. I especially like the ability to go from backpack to sling. The bag also comes with a rain cover.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great backpack for all my gear!, October 4, 2013
The case logic pack is very nice. The overall build quality is very sturdy and it sits upright very well even when fully loaded with my gear, which to me demonstrates great design. The inside of the bag is very bright orange and makes things easy to find, which is wonderful for me because all of my lenses are black. the side pouches hold my memory cards and the top pouch keeps my cables and such out of the way of the rest of my camera equipment. The laptop slot in the back of the pack is well designed in my opinion. Though i use a 14' inch laptop, it can easily fit a much bigger laptop. Also another great feature is the outside loop that holds a tripod. I used that when i went to take landscape shots and it worked really well. It held my tripod while i was biking uphill, just to give an example of use.

With this back i was able to strap it to my back and adjust it so that it was snug and then go for a long bike ride and have no issues with the backpack on my back. Also walking long distances with it is a breeze. When you load a bunch of lenses and 1-2 cameras in it, it can get heavy, but it distributes the weight well and the comfy shoulder straps don't hurt my shoulders at all.

would recommend this to any photographer who carries 1-4 extra lenses with them, and a laptop. Great for working in urban environment or out in nature. A truely wonderful all purpose camera bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent backpack!, May 21, 2014
P. Miller (Streamwood, IL United States) - See all my reviews
I purchased this for a trip carrying two camera systems, laptop, and plenty of misc stuff. This carried ALL of it very well.

The divider system works very well. I was able to fit my SLR Camera body, and also the underwater housing for my point and shoot (which is much bigger than an SLR with a 50mm lens on it.)
I wouldn't have minded a few more sections in the area for camera, but it was sufficient for the SLR with two SLR lenses, underwater housing, P&S camera and strobe. The side access panels for the different cameras is pretty handy. They also have pockets inside them which I used for the batteries.

The top section has a medium sized area to put in a variety of things, or one large item. I used it for an external HD, phone charger, misc things for the underwater housing (extra o-rings, grease, sync cables, etc.) AA battery charger etc.

I like that there are options to reconfigure the shoulder straps. I played around with them when I got it. It's easy to change them around. Ultimately, I loaded this thing up with a LOT of weight. It came up over 20lbs on my luggage scale. It held up very, very well under all that weight.

The backback holds its shape when empty, which is nice. It is semi-rigid. It's not so rigid that it is uncomfortable to wear. It is rigid enough that it doesn't collapse as you try to pack it. I am very happy with this backpack, I feel it is perfect for my needs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Bag, January 30, 2014
Seller sent it within the days allotted. Amazing bag can fit my Rebel XS, Cannon 7d and 5d Mark II all without issue as well as other accessories. Must have for avid photographer looking to take long day trips. Enjoy!!