2,983 Reviews
 (1,813)

Published on March 1, 2011 by Ed

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT COMPATIBLE WITH MACBOOK AIR
This case is marketed as a case for the Macbook Air. The case, in fact, is for the 13'' Inch Macbook Pro. It says so on the packaging when you receive the product. I was highly disappointed by how poorly it fit my Macbook Air. It's twice as wide and way too big. DON'T BUY THIS PRODUCT IF YOU HAVE A MACBOOK AIR.
Published on November 10, 2012 by casboliver

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Protective Sleeve For Macbook Pro's & Google Chrome Cr-48, March 1, 2011
Ed (San Francisco Bay Area) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Case Logic LAPS-113 13.3-Inch Laptop / MacBook Air / MacBook Pro Retina Display Sleeve (Black) (Personal Computers)
Case Logic, Inc. has been around since 1984, which is probably right about the time I bought my first Case Logic case for my cassette tapes. Over the years, as they added items to their product line, so I added their products to my collection. As a sample, I believe I have owned at one point or another, Case Logic cassette cases, CD & DVD cases, CD player cases, Zip Drive cases, trunk organizers, and more. I'm looking around my home office and I can spot several of their products and I bet you do too. Case Logic's 13.3 Laptop Sleeve (LAPS-113) is one of many sleeves that Case Logic makes and it just might be the perfect protective, no frills sleeve for your 13.3-inch or smaller laptop.

PROS:
- No nonsense, sleek design
- 6mm EVA foam padding
- Smooth gliding zipper
- Protective lip prevents damage from zipper

CONS:
- Slight rubbery odor

I define my perfect laptop sleeve to be one that has no handles, pockets, zippers, or bulk. What I want out of a sleeve, is a relatively form-fitting sleeve that I can then toss into one of my other bags, like my Timbuk2 messenger bag or my JanSport backpack. The LAPS-113 hit each of my requirements perfectly, except for the inclusion of a zipper. Though, as you'll soon see, the zipper turned out to be a neutral feature for me, not a negative one.

PROTECTION
First and foremost, the LAPS-113 will protect your laptop from scratches. The exterior and interior materials are made out of 100% polyester. What makes the LAPS-113 stand out from many similar sleeves is the fact that it actually has some worthwhile padding to protect your laptop from impact. It is surrounded by a 6mm layer of EVA foam which feels a lot like memory foam. This thin layer provides enough protection that I feel very comfortable with it in my aforementioned bags. The sides also have a woven webbing that provides a protective texture as well as making it look attractive. As I mentioned before, I did not like the idea of a zipper on a laptop sleeve because I fear scratching my laptop with it. Fortunately, the Case Logic LAPS-113 has a protective lip around the zipper teeth. Essentially, when you begin to zip the the sleeve shut, the protective lip folds down over the laptop so that it is protected from coming in contact with the zipper teeth.

USAGE & SIZE
The smooth gliding zipper runs across the entire top of the sleeve and about an inch down the sides. It is very easy to insert and remove my laptop from the LAPS-113. When inside my messenger bag, I can remove my laptop without having to remove the entire sleeve from the bag. The Case Logic LAPS-113 laptop sleeve is listed as a 13.3-inch appropriate sleeve. The internal dimensions are 13in x 9.1in x 1.1in and weighs just 6 ounces. The new 13-inch Macbook Pro is listed as 12.78in x 8.94in x 0.95in, so the sleeve should be perfect. However, I have a 12.1-inch Google Chrome Cr-48 notebook and that too fit amazingly well. As my readers probably know already, I LOVE Timbuk2 products but I think the LAPS-113 just usurped my Timbuk2 sleeve as the sleeve my Cr-48 will live in. All you game developers who got their free Cr-48 from the Game Developers Conference in San Francisco might want to try the LAPS-113 for your brand new toy. To top it off, the LAPS-113 comes in three colors-black, red, and tannin (a sort of red wine, brown mixture). I also want to mention that the sleeve does give off a slight rubbery odor at first, but fades away after a few days. I know that some people are highly sensitive to smell so I just wanted to mention it for their sake.

CONCLUSION
There are plenty of folks out there who want a sleeve that has enough padding for better impact protection. The Case Logic LAPS-113 is able to do that without adding significant bulk in a simple and attractive design. I recommend it for 13-inch Macbook Pro users and Google Chrome Cr-48 users alike.

* Review sample courtesy of Case Logic, Inc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sleek and secure, April 8, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was expecting a mere utilitarian sleeve to hold my 13" Mac Pro laptop. I am delighted that it also provides some aesthetic satisfaction. The color is a solid inky black, with no lighter threads in the design. The Case Logic logo on the front is small, with the yellow-orange square of half-sun that pops out stylishly and yet is unobtrusive. The woven webbing on the sides is a nice nifty touch.

The top-loading zipper--which is a primary feature for me in determining quality--is sturdy and smooth, and slides like buttah from one side to the other. It won't scratch your laptop because it has a protective lip. The 6 millimeter foam padding feels substantial and secure, and my laptop slips in easily, like a card in an envelope. It fits snugly but not too tightly, either.

External dimensions are 14 x 1.1 x 10" and internal dimensions are 13 x 1.1 x 9.1" The exterior and lining is made of 100% polyester.

The attached description card says "25 Years Quality Guarantee."

Highly recommended to protect your 13" laptop.

4.0 out of 5 stars good little case, June 19, 2012
I've been using this case a couple weeks and like it so far. I strongly recommend NOT BUYING THE RED ONE! I ordered it thinking black would be too boring but the red is not like the picture and its quite an ugly red.

The case is soft with a few millimeters of foam. It isn't going to save your computer, but it will keep it from small scratches and dings while its being transported.

I'd love a case that offered a bit of moisture protection, which this certainly does not, but for the price, it definitely meets my expectations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Case Logic, July 29, 2011
Amazon Customer (West Palm Beach, FL, US) - See all my reviews
Fits new Lenovo T420S very well. Correct width and only a 1/4 inch of added depth. Fit, build, and protection is far better than the Lenovo site recommended case as I have both.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Case, not good fit for 13 inch MacBook Pro Retina, November 12, 2012
This case is a sleek, nicely padded, elegant product, but it is not a good fit for the 2012 MacBook Pro with Retina Display. It is at least 1 inch too large in length and width which leaves the notebook sliding around inside the case. What's the point in purchasing a small, light, thin computer if the case is too big?

5.0 out of 5 stars cute!, April 16, 2012
this case fits the macbook pro 13in perfectly! its cute and a good material and appears to have some extra room for even the cord to fit in with it. get this!

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE, February 23, 2012
I just bought a 13in MacBook Pro and needed a case asap for it. Saw this case and so far so good! Fit my laptop perfectly plus its a cute shade of pink :) Love the case and couldn't beat the price anywhere else.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does not fit retina display macbook pro 13', February 22, 2013
Case is fine, good materials. Does not snuggly fit 13 inch macbook pro with retina display, there are gaps of space between the computer and the case. Still usable, and for $15 is fine, couldn't find a better alternative.

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT COMPATIBLE WITH MACBOOK AIR, November 10, 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars DOES NOT WORK WITH ASUS G75VW ROG LAPTOP..., August 4, 2012
This appears to be a really nice, budget sleeve for protecting a laptop, but it does not fit the ASUS G75VW ROG Laptops. The battery/rear fan is too bulky and you will not be able to close the zipper. It's a great product for smaller laptops, just wanted to let you know. I didn't want to be one of those reviewers who reviews a good product poorly just because it didn't suit my needs for my 17" laptop.