5.0 out of 5 stars Simple & Works as advertised.
This case does exactly what it is supposed to do. It protects the GPS unit inside of it. It is small, compact, easy to open and close. Has a secure elastic strap inside for the GPS unit. Not much to comment on since it is so simple and works so well.
Published on September 28, 2009 by PL

3.0 out of 5 stars A good case - but!
Published on January 4, 2011 by Maureen Newman

3.0 out of 5 stars A good case - but!, January 4, 2011
Maureen Newman (Cherry Valley, CA, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Case Logic MGPS-2 Professional GPS Case for up to 5-Inch Screens (Black) (Electronics)
This case is supposed to fit my 5" Garmin nuvi 1450 - and it does, but just barely. I would have liked a little more length. There is enough depth to be able to fit the USB cable and maybe the instruction guide in the pocket. My concern is this - how to best protect the GPS unit. There is an elastic strap and a mesh pocket inside the case. Because the fit is so snug, if I slide the unit under the strap with the screen toward the outside of the case, there is a risk of scratching the screen on the zipper. If I slide it in with the screen toward the center of the case, then there is nothing to protect the screen from damage from items in the pocket. If I put the unit in the pocket, I have similar concerns about protecting the screen, but now I have only an elastic strap to hold additional items in place. So far, my solution has been not to use the pocket, but I think I'll find something to lay across the screen for protection. I was tempted to return the case and look for something with a better fit but it's otherwise a good case - just not the best fit for a 5" unit. It would probably be perfect for the 4.3" units.

3.0 out of 5 stars Item not as described, December 16, 2010
My issue is with Amazons description. This is supposed to work with GPSs up to 5". The description on the case itself says 4.3" screens. I had ordered this with a TomTom XXL540T. I could not fit the TomTom in without forcing it. Definitely did not have room for anything else. The case itself is fine. It should be fine for smaller GPSs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple & Works as advertised., September 28, 2009
PL (Plantation, FL) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Protection, August 5, 2009
Has good padding, and a stiff outer ring, so as to really protect the unit. My unit is a Garmin 1350 wide screen, and it fits securely with a strap inside. Not much room for anything else, except a cleaning cloth (it comes with this), but good "box".

4.0 out of 5 stars Case for TomTom, October 16, 2011
This case is made of durable, good quality material. It fits my 5" TomTom Via 1535 perfectly. I expect to get years of use from it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleased with this product, July 29, 2009
Purchased this Caselogic for my Nuvi 265wt GPS. Fits nicely, room to zip without strain on zipper. Reinforced front to protect screen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Case Logic MGPS-2 Case, June 18, 2012
When I recently ordered a Garmin GPS from Amazon I ordered the Case Logic case to go with it. Until it arrived I wondered if it was a good purchase or a waste of money since I was not familiar with Case Logic. After using the case for a couple of weeks now I love it and highly recommend it. There is a security strap inside to hold the GPS in case the case is opened upside down. There is also a lip around the inside of the zipper to keep dust out of the case. All in all for the price this is an excellent case.

4.0 out of 5 stars Logical case, May 17, 2011
This unit nicely fits my Tomtom XXL 540TM GPS unit. Unfortunately it carries ONLY the unit, no cords. On the plus side it came with a carabiner that I use to hang it from the strap of my Laptop Carry case.

5.0 out of 5 stars Snug fit but does what it's meant to do, May 10, 2011
I purchased this to use with my TomTom XXL540TM 5" and find that my TomTom does indeed fit into the case and I'm able to fit the cord for the car inside of the case as well. It is a very snug fit but if I would have wanted a larger case then I would have ordered a larger one. I wanted one that would fit into my glove box and this does the trick. The tag on the case said that it will hold a 3 1/2"-5" unit so a larger unit is definitely NOT going to fit.

4.0 out of 5 stars Yay, free case!, May 7, 2011
Got this case for free as a promotion for another product. Case Logic usually has nice cases, and this isn't an exception. The top (or front) of the case (seen in the item picture) is actually hard, which is a good thing. The bottom (or back) is stiff, but still has some give. No problem there. It comes with a micro-fiber cloth, which was a nice surprise.

The only con that I've found (which is mostly an opinion) is that a 5in TomTom GPS barely fits in it with the mount that comes with the TomTom (I don't want to leave it in the car, as it may prompt someone to 'look' for the GPS, even if I have it with me). Don't leave the mount on it? Them you have no problems, as even the car charger for the GPS should fit.

Also, it has a carabiner clip on the back, so you can clip it to things, though I wouldn't suggest clipping it to a belt loop or something, as you might damage whatever is in it.

Rate and Discover Movies