Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now May4th

on January 4, 2011
This case is supposed to fit my 5" Garmin nuvi 1450 - and it does, but just barely. I would have liked a little more length. There is enough depth to be able to fit the USB cable and maybe the instruction guide in the pocket. My concern is this - how to best protect the GPS unit. There is an elastic strap and a mesh pocket inside the case. Because the fit is so snug, if I slide the unit under the strap with the screen toward the outside of the case, there is a risk of scratching the screen on the zipper. If I slide it in with the screen toward the center of the case, then there is nothing to protect the screen from damage from items in the pocket. If I put the unit in the pocket, I have similar concerns about protecting the screen, but now I have only an elastic strap to hold additional items in place. So far, my solution has been not to use the pocket, but I think I'll find something to lay across the screen for protection. I was tempted to return the case and look for something with a better fit but it's otherwise a good case - just not the best fit for a 5" unit. It would probably be perfect for the 4.3" units.
33 comments|69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 16, 2010
My issue is with Amazons description. This is supposed to work with GPSs up to 5". The description on the case itself says 4.3" screens. I had ordered this with a TomTom XXL540T. I could not fit the TomTom in without forcing it. Definitely did not have room for anything else. The case itself is fine. It should be fine for smaller GPSs.
on November 4, 2014
My 5 inch Garmin Nuvi 2559 barely fits and actually stretches out the material on the sides, making it a bit difficult to zipper it closed. Since the Garmin unit has sharp corners, not rounded ones, I think over time the corners will rip through the soft material.

Recommend getting the AmazonBasics 5 inch case. Works better. ! (JUNE 2015 update)
GOOD:
* Inside it includes a stretchable strap that will hold your device in place.
* Includes a soft screen protector cloth.
* Top of case is not just cloth, but seems to be cardboard wrapped with cloth.
Inside top of case includes a mesh pocket.
* It seems to be nicely sewn and finished. And zipper has worked so far (1 day).
* Includes a small carbiner I guess to attach to a belt. I will probably remove it.
* Fine case to protect ONLY a GPS device as long as you plan on storing power cords, windshield or other bracket, and USB cord in another pouch of some kind.

BAD:
* Not good for 5 " devices. Probably OK for smaller screen sizes.
* Look closely at picture and you will see top of case has indentations. These indentations take up space inside the case, taking valuable space one needs for power cord, etc.
* This case lid with the mesh pocket will not hold the Automobile (12 volt) power cord. You can squeeze it into the mesh pocket, but you will not be able to close the case. You could put a small notebook, a passport, some credit cards or cash in the mesh pocket. No liquids; don't risk the possibility of a leak.

SUMMARY
If I had bought locally (e.g. Best Buy) I probably would return it. For $6, it's not worth the effort to send back to Amazon.
on June 18, 2012
When I recently ordered a Garmin GPS from Amazon I ordered the Case Logic case to go with it. Until it arrived I wondered if it was a good purchase or a waste of money since I was not familiar with Case Logic. After using the case for a couple of weeks now I love it and highly recommend it. There is a security strap inside to hold the GPS in case the case is opened upside down. There is also a lip around the inside of the zipper to keep dust out of the case. All in all for the price this is an excellent case.
on February 5, 2014
I bought this case for my TomTom VIA 1505M WTE GPS. The case is able to fit in the GPS with the mount, the USB cable and the
USB car charger( you need to place the USB connection wire and the car charger underneath the GPS in order to fit the bag ). The case is made of a material that is semi-hard. In other words, it is not a hard case but mid-way between one made of a flexible fabric and a sollid hard material, such as hard plastic or metal. So you can squeeze the case somewhat and fit it into tight space in your luggage bag. Craftmanship of the CaseLogic case is good. All in all, very please with the case.
VINE VOICEon May 3, 2011
Not that this will hold a 5" GPS unit, but not a lot more. I have a TomTom VIA 1535 and that device fits in this case, but there is no room to hold the car adapter. The USB cable may fit in there with it, but there wouldn't be any more room. I think this case would help protect a GPS device from a short drop, and it keeps mine from getting scratched while in my laptop case, but this isn't a ruggedized container by any means.
on April 12, 2012
I have a 3.5" GPS for which I purchased Case Logic's 3.5" hard case. It is very nice and does an excellent job.

I also purchased a 5" GPS, so I purchased this case for it. What a disappointment. The old 3.5" case was hard-shelled on all sides and had a double-draw zipper. This is only hard-shelled on one side and has a single-draw zipper. And guess what? It's hard-shelled on the side with the mesh bag that holds the cord, not on the side where the GPS is contained. Ugh! The other five sides are all soft.

The 3.5" case has a nice carrying strap. The description says that this case also has a carrying strap, but it doesn't. It only has a metal clip attached to a loop.

The description says that it is intended for 3.5-5" GPS's, so I assume that Case Logic has gotten rid of the 3.5" case, and they are using this single case to contain multiple sizes and reduce inventories. Well, good luck if you have less than a 5" GPS in this case, because it will not fit snugly.

I'm looking for a sturdier case, like Case Logic USED to make. This case does work if you never drop it, so I gave it two stars.

Case Logic: You need to go back to your old quality where your reputation was built.
on January 8, 2015
This is a hard case under cloth. It fits my Garmin nuvi50LM (5" screen) with some room to spare around the edges, but holds it snug with an elastic strap. And the other half of the case has a webbed pocket for a data cable. It comes with a screen cleaner. It took a while to get here, but that's OK.
on May 10, 2011
I purchased this to use with my TomTom XXL540TM 5" and find that my TomTom does indeed fit into the case and I'm able to fit the cord for the car inside of the case as well. It is a very snug fit but if I would have wanted a larger case then I would have ordered a larger one. I wanted one that would fit into my glove box and this does the trick. The tag on the case said that it will hold a 3 1/2"-5" unit so a larger unit is definitely NOT going to fit.
on October 16, 2011
This case is made of durable, good quality material. It fits my 5" TomTom Via 1535 perfectly. I expect to get years of use from it.