The description here does not offer much info, so let me delve into that:

Both the front, back and sides are padded.

Published on February 27, 2012 by Two kids mom

3.0 out of 5 stars A Pretty Utilitarian Laptop Case
Published on February 29, 2012 by Bryan Newman

4.0 out of 5 stars Well designed bag, full details listed below. Cost a bit high., February 27, 2012
This review is from: Case Logic MLA-116 15.6-Inch Laptop and iPad® Attaché (Black) (Personal Computers)
The description here does not offer much info, so let me delve into that:

Both the front, back and sides are padded.

Under the front velcroed flap (the photo with the logo the right) is a zippered pocket. This pocket is 15.5 inches wide by 9 inches deep. Along the back of this pocket are 3 elastic loops for pens and three smaller pockets, one 4.5 inches by 4 inches and two 3.5 inches by 4 inches. These pockets are "flat" so whatever you put in them needs to be thin.

The large middle pocket is 15.5 inches wide and 12 inches tall. The bottom is 2 inches wide. Inside this large pocket is a full length and nearly full depth divider that is flat against the side. Along the other side is a 9 inch wide by 10.5 inch pocket with a lined (fuzzy) front. I guess that fuzzy fabric is called "nylex".

Along the back outside near the handles is a small zippered pocket that is 6 inches wide and 5 inches deep, lined with the fuzzy material (would be good place for a phone or Ipod). Also along the back side is an 8.5 inch tall non closing pocket that runs the whole width of the case.
The straps are attached with plastic clip hooks to nylon webbing loops and the handle is padded.

This is a well made case, although I have some concern about the nylon webbing durability over time. However, I have had other Case Logic bags that lasted for a long time, so I will give the developers the benefit of the doubt. The zippers work smoothly and have nice pulls. I think the front long pocket should have had some sort of closure in the middle, a piece of Velcro or a snap to keep the contents from falling out. The price/value point seems a bit high as well.

3.0 out of 5 stars A Pretty Utilitarian Laptop Case, February 29, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Trust the description when it says that this is an "understated attaché." It is nice and functional, but perhaps a little too utilitarian. There is a 1/2 inch of padding for the laptop so it remains thin and it is impossible to over stuff. The tablet pocket is a nice addition, probably better for bigger tablets like the iPad, a Kindle Touch gets lost in the pocket.

The construction is ok, but the materials seem a little rigid for my tastes. The strap is workable, but not luxurious. The handle like the other materials is a little rigid and I don't know how much it will improve with age.

Also, the price seems a little high for the bag. It is listing for $50 right now. I expect that to drop appreciably in the near future, but for now it is pretty pricey for what you get.

All this being said, it is not a bad laptop bag. It does serve the purpose that I was hoping for - to lug around my 13.3 macbook. It does that well enough, but it lacks elegance. So, if you are looking for function over form, this might be the bag for you.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, March 6, 2012
JH "hobbs_tx" (Houston, TX United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
MLA-116 is a very lightweight bag. I would not trust the bag to protect a laptop from a drop of more than a foot or two. The padding is insufficient. There is nothing to secure the laptop from moving around or in the tablet pocket. With no padding on the top where the zipper is and nothing to secure it, there is no protection from that angle. Using this bag is better than nothing and does provide some storage space, but this would not be my first choice. If you just want something to hold your tablet, then this would do the trick.

Other negatives
-Back pocket has no way to keep anything inside. Items could easily fall out if bag is put down.
-Storage in front pocket is very limited. With the light padding, you could even damage a tablet on the inside with heavy items in the front pocket
-Shoulder strap is attached with plastic fasteners. The fasteners look flimsy, not sufficient to withstand heavy loads and regular use.
-You can get much better quality items for the fifty dollar price point

Positives
-It does have a nice zipper pocket that would fit a cell phone well.
-It is not heavy
-It looks easy to clean

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, and not just for the intended purpose!, June 21, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've found this bag to be very useful! I did use it several times for what it's made for---carrying a laptop and iPad. We went away for a weekend and found it was great to be able to carry both items so easily. The ipad fits perfectly in the spot for it, snugly but not too snugly. There is lots of room left for a laptop, and a nice amount of other places to store things like pens or styluses, and an outside pocket for easy access.

I've also taken to using the bag for trips out of the house with the kids. Sometimes I bring the iPad and fill the rest with snacks, extra clothes, etc, and sometimes I don't bring the iPad at all---just use the whole thing for necessities of a city trip with 3 kids! I've found the attache is just the right size for this, and the shoulder strap has rubberized parts so it's far easier to keep on my shoulder than other such bags. It just feels easy and right to carry. It looks good too---professional and classy---not always my look, but I like it!

I would not hesitate at all to recommend this great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice construction, Roomy for a Compact case., March 15, 2012
Bruno (Atlanta, GA United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was looking for a laptop bag with a small footprint for air travel. This bag definitely fits the bill. I was a little concerned about padding and room for accessories though.

Once received the bag, I was immediately pleased with the thick padding on both side walls. It's by no means heavy armored or rigid, but this bag looks like it can take a bump or two without fear. I am using a Alienware Mx14 laptop and (as an artist) I also carry a Wacom Intous 4 Drawing Pad in my bag (PTK-640) and the Wacom while being a little tight fits perfectly without issue on the inside pocket next to my alienware. I also have 2x Western Digital Essential 2TB external hard drives (stacked up sideways on top of each other) that both fit on the deep inside pocket of the case next to the laptop on the opposite side. I also can fit my Razor mouse off the side of the drives inside the bag. All wires and extra power pack + accessories fit on the outer zipper pocket behind the flap.

As you can imagine, that is a lot of stuff and yes it all fits in there. I am not saying it's a lean fit, but there is still room to spare for more actually. The other side of case has a open non zipper pocket good for magazines, boarding pass or other lose documents.

In the end this is still way less bulky than my last big laptop bag. Granted the last bag was roomier and had rigid border frame to prevent heavy damage. However, if you plan on carrying your laptop with you on your person all the time... you likely will be babying your electronics anyway. I would only use that other bag again if I planned on checking my laptop bag through baggage claim (and I would never do that anyway).

This slimmer bag seems like a perfect fit for my needs. If you are in market for a slim, well padded bag with surprisingly flexible inner space, put this bag on your radar to compare with others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Case Logic MLA-116, March 13, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
With the MLA-116 by Case Logic, they have created a well built, and quite useful case for tablet and laptop users. The construction is typical of Case Logic quality, meaning its not going to have any durability issues. The case is well thought out in the placement of pockets and pouches. This case sports a very handsome look to it, and a nice size carrying strap and handle that support a fully loaded case well without being too bulky or too fragile feeling. There really isn't much else to say about it, except that its a well designed case that suits a variety of purposes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice, Very Funcitonal, April 19, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Does a great job protecting an iPad and a few accessories, while remaining light. No excess bulk to speak of, sleek and stylish. Also will fit a laptop of up to 15.6 inch screen size. Too many tablet cases lack straps and/or handles, but this understated black number does both right without being overkill. Very nice.

3.0 out of 5 stars What You See Is What You Get, February 27, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My old laptop bag took a bad beating, being dragged through various parts of the world, and it looks it. I saw the Case Logic attache and thought, "nothing fancy here - it's your basic hard-working nylon (or equivalent) laptop bag," and ordered it.

It is what it is. It is nylon or similar synthetic material, and it comes sturdy, reasonably padded, with the usual compartments to store your laptop, iWhatever, and/or Kindle. Yes it does have pockets for business cards, pens, etc.

That said, it's nothing to write home about. But then, that's what I expected. The material looks like it will bear up under life's scrapes and scratches, and you can wipe off grime with a damp cloth.

It's what I wanted, and will suit me, I'm sure, for another few years of rough travel.

It earned 3 stars because, like I say, what you see is what you get, and that's a good thing.

I held back 1 star because - well - it's just not exciting. No "wow!" factor.

The other dropped star is over price. I think $50 is a lot for what it is. I've seen the equivalent at Ross's, Walmart, and other stores, for significantly less money. In fact, you can buy a 16" wide Case Logic bag, right here on Amazon, for $19 (at the time of this writing) Case Logic VNA-216 16-Inch Laptop Attache (Black). And in a smaller size - just over 14", in black, gray or even purple, for $25: Case Logic Attaché for 14.1-Inch Laptop and iPad (MLA-114)

By the way - I wouldn't try any laptop wider than the 15.5 inches the manufacturer promises. My wife has a 16.5 inch Toshiba, and there's no way it's going in.

5.0 out of 5 stars NIce, February 12, 2013
I really like this bag. Small but has enough room for my 15'' Macbook retina, 9.7'' ipad, iphone and power supplies. Yeah, I have lots of Apple stuff. Nice looking bag though I sort of feel like I'm carrying a purse around with it. haha.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice layout, not sure about protection, April 17, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I really love the design of this bag, it's just very accessible and simple--something I like a lot. You can store an iPad and a lapstop side-by-side, there's a vertical divider in the main pocket. Plus there is a nice outside pocket, under the main flap, that's very useful (I keep meaning to check to see if my Kindle fits there, but haven't tried it yet), so the bag has plenty of room. And the bag is typical of Case Logic--extremely well made and I'm sure will last for years. I have to agree with a few other reviewers though, I'm not sure that there's enough padding if you're rough on your bags. But I really just take mine to the car, to the beach to work (I'm a writer) and then back home--so I'm not bashing it around. If I was getting on and off planes, I might go for more protection. That said, however, it really is superbly well made. I carried a huge collection of CDs to the radio station where I worked for nearly 20 years using Case Logic cases and they're still in new condition--not a tear anywhere and I mean that--they're perfect. So, for a strong lightweight bag, I'd say this is worth it--if you're brutal on your bags, maybe you could insert some extra padding. jeffwignall.com

Rate and Discover Movies