I just received this case and I am happy with the quality and it is as I expected it to be in that regard. I went with this one becasue you don't have to have it open like a tray table on the back of the seat, you can flip the top up and over and it lays flat against the seat, the other cases don't seem to do this.
My hope was that when I got it I could easily strap...
Published on March 8, 2009 by J. Krantz

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't hold player secure
Using this with a Sony player as pictured and the strap that holds the player does not work well. The strap is too thin and ends up sliding into the gap between the screen and bottom part of the player, so the only place it actually supports the player is the hinge area in the middle. This does not provide a secure hold, the player easily sways, and goes crooked in the...
Published on December 27, 2009 by Schieftain

4.0 out of 5 stars Yes you can mount it on the back of your seat instead of in the middle, March 8, 2009
J. Krantz (New Jersey USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Case Logic PDVK-10 7 to 10-Inch In-Car Portable DVD Player Case-Black (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)
My hope was that when I got it I could easily strap it to just one seat as opposed to between the two seats as the product is intended. I didn't want to have the dvd player in between the seats because I still need to reach the children durning long rides and this I feel would impede my ability to do that, besides I feel it is more comfortable to look at the dvd player right in front of you anyway. You can easily attach it to just the one seat although the velcro flap you need to need to wrap around the top anchor strap is a little bit of a pain to get in if you mount it in this fashion. I plan to get another case just for transporting the dvd players and I intend to keep these cases in the car all the time as it will be to much of a hassle to take the cases in and out of the car each time and far easier to remove the player and put it in another seperate case especially since I have two, one for each child. The main thing I like is the ability to fold the dvd player flat in the case so it will stay flush against the back of the seat and hopefully not get kicked as easily by the children when they are watching. So, so far so good hopefully it will work out well in the long run. But for those of you who like the look of this case and but didn't want a between the seats mounting, it can be mounted on the back of one seat easliy.

4.0 out of 5 stars It does the job, November 1, 2008
I bought this for my mini van to use it with my Sony 8 inch DVD player. It fits the player nicely.There are two earphone jacks on the bottom for easy access. Great for storing your car charger and discs and there is enough room for even the ear phones.
Here is how it works: Basically you suspend a strap between the two head rests and attach the case with a velcro that loops over the strap. Simple and a little bit primitive. I have a Windstar with headrests that are just an extention of the seat and don't rest on a metal bar. It probably works better if you have the adjustable headrests in your car.
The good news is that you can just remove the case from the strap and leave the strap when you want to take it out of the car.
The player is attached to the case with one skimpy little strap as well. So far it has been holding out but I wish it looked a little bit more sturdy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Purchased this to go with the Sony 9-Inch Portable DVD Player, August 4, 2009
I purchased this case to go with our Sony DVP-FX930/W 9-Inch Portable DVD Player, both from this site. I am pretty happy with is so far. It fits nicely on the back of my seat, but I have a 2007 Corolla and when we tried to put it in the middle of the two seats, it was way too close to my son. He could have kicked it or played with it in that location (we place his carseat in the middle so that he can see out). So, we settled for placing it on the back of the passenger seat, and that worked out well. My only real complaint is that it was hard to open the dvd player to change the DVD without the compartment door, catching on the case. It wasn't a big deal, because I would just hold back the sides of the case when I went to change a DVD, but I still wanted to mention it. Overall, this was a good purchase and I would recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not exactly "grab 'n go", but does the job, January 11, 2010
Brian Curran "hibricc" (Dennisport, MA United States) - See all my reviews
Bought this for watching a Sony DVP-FX930/R 9-Inch Portable DVD Player, Red in the second row of our Honda Pilot.

The player fit nicely inside, though previous reviewers are correct - the design of the "security" strap probably doesn't work as well with this particular player as it does with others, since the strap does slip down in the crack between the swivel screen and the player body. But we found it was sufficiently stable if we 'snugged' the strap up as high as possible within the lower slots in the bag, and made sure it was tight.

Our kids never complained about it swaying back and forth, because we tightened the floor-mount straps and the suspension strap upon every install.

And the Grab 'n Go feature is a bit misleading. Sure, you just have to open the velcro strap at the top, disconnect the two floor straps, disconnect the headphones and DC adaptor cable, close the velcro strap, zip up the bag, and THEN go... And the hooks on the floor straps are unusually hard to open, so that slows things down, too.

One more thing: There's a decent amount of storage space in the bag, but don't plan on carrying more than 2 or 3 full-size DVD snapcases. We opted for a 'disc-only' wallet that housed 24 individual DVD's - and fit nicely into the bag, STILL with room for the cables and remote control.

So, did it work? Yes. Was it secure? Yes. Was it as easy as advertised? Not exactly... but I'd buy it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Case, January 18, 2009
M. Minami (Torrance, CA USA) - See all my reviews
After reviewing portable DVD players, we chose the Sony DVP-FX820 8-Inch Portable DVD Player. Several reviewers chose this Case Logic, and now know why. It's sturdy, the straps allow for multiple configurations in different cars (between two seats, higher/lower, behind one seat, etc.), and it's compact, but has enough space for all the cords, remote, and dvds.

Great case!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Case, June 29, 2008
EkBro (United States) - See all my reviews
I recently purchased a Sony DVP-FX820 8 inch portable DVD Player and needed case for my van. The case works great just as advertised. It holds all of the cords and a couple of movies. I would buy it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and versatile, August 22, 2008
Bob O. (Atlanta, GA) - See all my reviews
The case fits my Sony FX820 8" player with room to spare. Takes about 15-20 minutes to install in the car the first time but it's easy and intuitive. It fits between the front seats of our 2005 Volvo V70 perfectly. Minor drawback is it must be positioned between the front seats. It would be nice if it could also strap just to one seat so that a single person in the back could look straight ahead to watch a movie, not turn one's head to the middle (although our 6 year old son had no complaints whatsoever).
Interior pocket comfortably holds the DVD player cords and remote. You can squeeze 1, maybe 2 DVD cases in the pocket with the cords but things get pretty tight. Plan on carrying your movies in a separate bag.
The case doubles up nicely as a carrying case for airplane use. Leave the straps and cords at home and you can fit 2-3 movies in the pocket with ease.
Depending on the size of your DVD player, you might have to get creative with the strap that secures the player when you are using it just as a carrying case. I had to adjust the strap to a diagonal position so that it held my player securely (this will make sense once you see the case). Otherwise, your DVD player can fall out when you open the case.
Materials and construction quality seem good and the zipper opens and closes easily. I'm very happy with its performance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well with the Sony portable, July 26, 2008
J. Bellas "Internet shopper" (Las Cruces, NM United States) - See all my reviews
Purchased this with my Sony portable DVD. Was not disappointed as the size was just right. All of the items plus the headphones I purchased fit inside, yet it is not too bulky. The fact that it can be used to hold the player while you watch is an added bonus. Plus the price was right.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, August 22, 2009
We purchased this case for our Sony 9 inch DVD player. We were headed on a seven hour car trip with our two and a half year old (and four month old) and we were desperate for a way to keep him busy :-). The case works perfectly. We decided to hang it in between the front seats in our Toyota Sienna. Even though the DVD player was not directly in front of my son he never complained about being able to view it. We had an awesome trip thanks to the DVD player and this case! I would definitely recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Functional and Good Protection, January 12, 2009
Taitan2k (Harleysville, PA) - See all my reviews
My son tossed the case with the portable DVD player inside from our second floor...I thought that was the end of the player. To my amazement, the player was protected from damage. I highly recommend it.