Facility Spring Cleaning Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Fire TV Stick Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

Colorj: Black|Change

on March 20, 2011
I purchased this case for a nine inch Philips portable DVD player. The fit is very good with enough room on the side to plug-in the AC adapter. I suspect with a 10 inch DVD player, the fit would be tight. Installation was easy. There was one reviewer who commented that too many straps were required. I find this to be untrue. The number of straps is appropriate for stability and using the straps was extremely easy. The case has a separate compartment with plenty of room for additional AC adapters, DVDs, remote control, manuals, unused straps. Since security is a concern for some people and you may not wish to leave your DVD player in the vehicle unnecessarily, this carrying case is very convenient because you simply need to release the Velcro belt loop from the main horizontal strap, unsnap the two straps at the bottom, and your DVD player and case will be free in a matter of seconds. I would highly recommend this carrying case and if I ever need to get another DVD player, I would definitely purchase this item again.
on July 13, 2010
This case worked out perfect. I used it on a 10 hour road trip. It held my 9in Sony dvd player perfectly no wigging at all. I hung it over the back of the drivers seat instead of between the front seats where the console is. It even has an inside pocket behind where the dvd player sits that holds any extra stuff. I put my wires and remote for the dvd player in the pocket.
on February 14, 2011
I bought this case to use with my Brand new Sony DVP-FX950 and it fits perfectly.

I could store the Portable DVD Player, cables and remote control, everything that I need to keep organized and travel with.

Great quality.
on April 23, 2012
This is a great case. I originally thought it was just a case to store and protect the Sony 9 inch DVD player, but upon further review it also has the straps to hold the player in the car. I use the case in the center between the front seats so both kids can see it. I comes with a strap that hooks around the front seat head rests and the case has strong velcro that attaches to the strap. It also has 2 detachable straps that hook to the bottoms of each front seat to it is fairly stable. It holds the DVD player in place and even has an extra pocket for the cords, straps, remote, etc. When not in use it is the perfect storage case. An exceptional value!
on June 23, 2012
Excellent car audio/video case for the Sony DVP-FX970 9-Inch Portable DVD Player. Well designed and will adjust to fit almost any vehicle in my opinion. There is also plenty of room in the secondary compartment. I prefer the DVP-FX970 because the FX980 does not have a 180 degree flip screen like the FX970 does and the FX970 is rated alot better. The 180 degree flip allows the dvd player to have a smaller footprint when in the case (or out) which in turn is less likely to block your rear view mirror veiwing area, which is the situation for me in our Honda 2010 CRV LX. I have my movies on a 32gb S*ndisk Micro USB 2.0 drive and they play great with no switching of dvd disc hassles that you have with DVDs when on long road trips. Some of the reviews do state that the FX970 and FX980 my not be reliable as far as life expectancy, so I purchased a 2yr extended warranty for ten doll*rs extra. The FX970 is VERY light compared to its size (4lbs) and seems cheap because it almost feels like it is empty inside. This is because it is so thick and its weight doesn't seem proportionate. Personally, I do like this design of the DVD player. I do have concerns about being able to break it easily which re-enforces the 2yr warranty recommendation on the DVD player. The remote is bulky but useful for switching from DVD to USB video input (required to switch when powering on) and controlling the player from the front seat. The remote fits nicely in my upper glove box of the CRV, or the secondary compartment on the case. I do wish the remote could power on the DVD system though, because well, it can't.

OVERALL THIS IS A GREAT AUTO DVD VIDEO SYSTEM ALTERNATIVE TO A FACTORY INSTALLED SYSTEM OR FLIP DOWN SCREEN DVD SYSTEM. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

***UPDATE 1***
After taking a 15 hour road trip I have determined a few things. I realized that the remote DOES NOT control the input source select (usb input select). The case is a good one, however, it is not practical to hang it between the front seats for back seat viewing as planned in my 2010 HONDA CRV. My son kicks the crap out of it while he is in his car seat and I worry he will break it before too long (glad I got that warranty). I do believe for normal back seat use (no car seat) it will be acceptable but only that (hangs too low). I do now wish I had had an over head DVD system installed professionally for the additional $300 it would have cost. I do like the dvd player and it's functionality (usb), but I can no longer recommend it as a car video system.
on January 7, 2016
Fits the portable DVD player perfectly, we got this for traveling to hotels in Europe, where English TV isn't an option. It has room for all of the accessories needed with the DVD. I only would like it to have a shoulder strap,
on September 11, 2010
Bought this to go with SOny 9 inch DVD player (950). Easy to mount in car. Could use a bit more storage space for extra DVD's but accommodates straps and cables with ease. DVD player fits good, the only problem is plugging in the AC Adaptor. But i managed to plug it in while mounted in the car, with a little tweaking.
on June 29, 2010
The case was just as described. Nice quality and nice case. I wish I had gotten one a little bigger so that I could stick a couple of dvds in there also.
on September 14, 2011
We bought this for our son to watch DVD's during road trips. We use it behind one seat, between the two front seats, and we also use it for viewing in other places (like when we visited my mom in the hospital and I brought the DVD player just in case). This was a good buy for us.
During a recent trip we were pleased this case was easy to position and remove from the van, but a few more features would be appreciated. Although it's a good carrying case for the DVD player, it's an effort to stash all the extras in the back compartment along with the straps. We did manage to get the car adapter in there, the remote and one set of earphones, but had another set of earphones and the wall plug adapter to include as well. I suppose we could have forced them in but didn't want to damage anything.

We had no trouble positioning the straps over the headrests and tightening them although had a bit more trouble getting the lower straps fastened. Still it made a secure setup for the player to be suspended between the front seats so both children could enjoy the movie. It was easy to detach the case and player when we left the car so it wasn't obviously displayed to passers-by and that is a great feature. It was also easy to take into hotels at night to recharge. Since we left the straps in the car everything else fit in the back section. Some DVDs in envelopes can fit in the storage compartment as well, but there is not room for DVDs in cases.

All in all we liked the case and found it very useful, but adding a bit more storage space would make it a 5 star hit.