Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Case Logic PLS-13 Neoprene 13.3-Inch Neoprene Laptop Sleeve (Black)
Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Size: 13-Inch|Color: Black|Change

TOP 100 REVIEWERon January 19, 2009
It's not perfect, but it's a very nice protector for a netbook. The Case Logic website has a list of every netbook model that fits inside this sleeve.

I have an Aspire One with the 6 cell battery (there's a wart on the back of the computer where the battery sticks out), and the fit is virtually perfect for this sleeve. Nothing else fits in the main compartment. The padding is very nice, just about right, not too much, not too little. It feels very good in your hand.

There is an ingeneous zippered pocket on the front of this sleeve. There is a slot for devices USB - mostly a USB flash drive, but also some shorter USB wires would fit in here. The Acer A/C adapter fits in the outer pouch, but you end up with a very lumpy sleeve (a pretty big bulge where you slid the adapter.

Of course this has the nasty old vinyl / neoprene odor that goes away after a few days. You'll want to turn this inside out and air it out in a sunny location.

As a sleeve - and it's important you know this is a sleeve, not a PC case - this is a very nice protector. You can very easily toss this in a larger PC bag, or carry on luggage, and have no fear that your computer will get scratched or damaged. It will not hold papers, hard drives, cell phone, etc. Just the computer and a USB key.

My sample is black. The charcoal color with gray accents is very nice looking.

March 6, 2011 update - iPads fit in this sleeve. I've carried my iPad for the past year inside this sleeve. With no cover on the iPad, the device is pretty loose inside. I used a DodoCase and then an InCase book style cover for a while, and they both fit inside this sleeve nice and snug. I'm now using an Amazon Basics silicone case that only covers the back of the iPad. The silicone hangs up on the sleeve material, so it's a bit harder to slide the iPad in and out. But then again, the iPad doesn't shift around inside the sleeve. This combination has been on forty or fifty flights in carry on with me over the past year - not a bit of damage or problem with the iPad. When I pull the iPad out, this sleeve crumples up in the book pocket of the plane seat. Pretty darn nice.

January 29, 2012 Update. It appears I've had this sleeve for three years now. Well, I can report that this is one darn rugged sleeve. I've gone through another iPad cover (my fifth), and now am at Otterbox. The iPad is stored in this sleeve. It has been on maybe 50 or 60 roundtrips in my carry on luggage. I put my headphones and a spare USB cord in the outer pocket. I stop using things if they don't work, are ugly, or are a pain somehow. This sleeve has staying power. It looks as good today as it did three years ago. I can usally toss a paperback book in with the iPad. At a $14 price right now, that is a great deal.

January 12, 2013 Update: Well look at this, an annual update for this sleeve - Fourth Year! It appears to be long lasting for myself and Case Logic (who would ever guess something this silly and simple would be around for four years). Four years and it is still going strong. I have a feeling this thing will never break.
77 comments| 148 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 21, 2009
I like this bag a lot. I got it for my 13'' macbook pro and it fits perfectly. It is more cushiony than other sleeves I looked at and the pocket is a great addition. It stretches to hold funky shaped things like the charger, extension cord for the charger, flash drives, cds, and more. One review I read said that the inside is a furry material... it is more of a foam material that is very soft. It won't scratch at all. This sleeve is a great buy!
review image review image review image review image
1313 comments| 104 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 6, 2009
I bought this case for my 14" Lenovo ThinkPad with the 9-cell battery. I wanted extra protection for when I'm carrying it around campus in my backpack.

I was pleased to find that this case fits snugly around my extended battery pack with enough room for my power adaptor and USB mouse. The outside pocket is actually a functional size, even taking into account the stretching of the case around a computer. I was also impressed with the padding, which seems denser and higher-quality than other similarly-priced laptop sleeves I have seen at retail stores.

After a lot of comparison shopping, I'm quite satisfied with this product!
44 comments| 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 4, 2010
I have an older MacBook 13.3". Harder to find accessories, but, after much research time I selected this Case Logic for more protective transport than just putting into my rolling bag's computer area. I love, love, LOVE it! Plus, as an added surprise, there's a neat little pocket area for a flash drive in the outer "power pocket". How cool is that?

PROS: Zippered area is protected by the inner material so your laptop doesn't get scratched. (Zippers were a CON on many other cases.) Nice padding. Great outer "power" pocket! Just fits! Nice padding. Easy insertion & removal of laptop.
CONS: If you're a fashion guru "plain black" may not be your thing, but, it's a case that does the job...and does it well!

NOTE: Amazon listed measurements are OUTER measurements, so if you're trying to fit a laptop that's not a MacBook 13.3" (diagonal) monitor--which is how the laptops are measured--better measure your laptop before buying. My laptop is approx. 12 7/8" by 8 3/4" and it fits snug as a bug with no stretching out of shape. Case inner meas. are 12 7/8" by 10" and not quite 1 in. thick.

UPDATE: Here it is, June 2012, and I still love this laptop case!!! Zippers still strong. Looks almost brand new. I keep the big, honkin' Mac adapter, ear plug headsets, and a USB cable in the pouch. (I've even put my ipod there on occasion, but I think that might not be good as a norm. I mean, it does stretch, but I don't want to press my luck.)

UPDATE: 2013 July-- I've now upgraded my laptop and bought a cheap nylon type carrier with a handle that also houses my iPad and cables when I travel. I do still use the old one reviewed here for the old MacBook. This sleeve was such a great buy!
66 comments| 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 2, 2009
Thanks to another review, I was able to get a good feel if this sleeve would fit my DELL Mini 10v with a 6 cell (bigger) battery. The sleeve fits and expands just the right amount to accommodate the Mini 10 and its bigger battery. I was worried about the bigger battery and could not find any details (except from one review for this product) that gave any hint if it work fit. Not even DELL could get me that information (which is odd). Amazon does pretty well with this thanks to customer feedback.

I think this is a nicely made sleeve that will do a good job protecting my 10v as I travel now and then. It is cheap in cost and should work for anyone needing to transport a 10v.

For me, the sleeved mini will be put into the extra compartment of a laptop backpack. This compartment does not have padding so the sleeve will do the protection.
on March 4, 2009
I cautiously bought this for my HP DV4 Laptop that has a 14.1 inch screen. I was very glad when it fit inside the sleeve perfectly! It is made of high quality materials and the inside of the sleeve is covered in a very soft plush material that should be very gentle on the surface finish of any laptop. The exterior zipper pocket it a nice feature to hold a few CD's too. I would buy at again with no hesitations.
on December 11, 2011
I was looking for a laptop sleeve to go along with my ThinkPad T420. I wanted something that could give my ThinkPad a little more protection and padding when carrying the laptop in my backpack. I was thinking about purchasing the 15.4-16" sleeve because I have the bigger 9 cell battery which sticks out the back of the laptop a little bit. I didn't want the sleeve to fit too tightly. I then found another reviewer who had a ThinkPad with the bigger battery and the 14.1" sleeve worked perfectly for them, so I went ahead with the 14.1" sleeve.

Upon opening the box, I could already tell this sleeve was made with quality. On the outside, there is a zippered pouch that is made of somewhat stretchy material where you can store your laptop charger, iPod, phone, keys, or whatever else. Also within that zippered pouch, there is a small slot for a flash drive. I probably won't use these pouches as I just store that stuff in the backpack itself. The main zipper on the sleeve zips around the top and right side to give entrance to the main laptop compartment. The inside of the sleeve has a thick, soft suede fabric on the top and bottom, which will ensure no scratching to laptop bodies. The sleeve has about a quarter of an inch of padding on all edges to give even more protection to laptops.

When I tried slipping my laptop into the sleeve, I manged to get it in without much effort at all. Once in, the zipper went around the laptop and 9 cell battery just perfectly. There is still a little room to breathe.

The sleeve fits like a glove around my laptop. I would recommend this sleeve to anyone with a 14" laptop.
review image review image
on January 13, 2009
This is exactly what I was looking for with the added feature of a zippered pocket. Although this is a 14" sleeve, it's perfect for my 15.4" laptop, which happens to be 14" wide. Many other reviewers seem to think that a laptop sleeve should emulate a case. Not to be confused with a laptop case or bag, a laptop sleeve is just that and is meant to provide added protection when placing the laptop in a bag or container that isn't designed to transport a laptop, such as an attache case.
on July 1, 2009
This is the perfect solution if you need some extra protection for a laptop in a tote bag, briefcase or backpack. It has adequate padding and smooth zippers, and the fit on my 15" Dell laptop is snug but not too tight. It also has a handy zippered compartment for a power supply and other small accessories, plus a separate slot for storing a thumb drive. Attractive color, too.
on February 5, 2009
For what I bought it for, it gets does exactly what it was purchased to do. I own a Dell M1330, and it fits my laptop like a glove. I don't have the extended battery so I can't speak for how it'd fit (although I suppose since it is elastic it would fit an extended battery), but with the regular battery it fits like it was made for my 13.3" laptop. The additional pockets are a plus, as it'll expand to fit the power plugs for most laptops and even an interior flash drive pocket which i haven't used since flash drives are attached to me key-chain.

The sleeve itself is like a thin layer of memory form like material on the exterior lined with a fabricy (new word) smooth outer coating. Zippers have a rubber grip for easy access. Inside it's lined with a semi-fur like substance that seems to have been sprayed with a anti-scratch type coating which gives it a slight grip to minimize movement.

Personally speaking, i wouldn't recommend any sleeve for distance travels, but for short distances sure. If you plan on being very mobile, a laptop bag is a MUST. I use this in addition to a laptop bag because protecting my investment is a big factor for me. Overall, it does exactly as described and comes highly recommended.