5.0 out of 5 stars Superior protection for compact cameras

3.0 out of 5 stars Misleading Dimensions
Published on December 22, 2010 by PapaEJangles

5.0 out of 5 stars Superior protection for compact cameras, April 22, 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Please take a look at images I uploaded to the product page on this well-made case that offers superior protection against bumps and drops. This case will accommodate cameras measuring (L)3 5/8 by (H)2 1/2 by (D)1 1/8 inches in dimensions. The best design - full length zipper opening with elastic hinge supports (so that the two halves won't open too wide when you unzip the case).

The camera should be inserted into the case with its LCD screen facing the plush fabric surface half. The front of the camera will then face the other half of the case that has the super-tough EVA shell to protect against crush and drop.

I STRONGLY suggest that you tether the wrist strap of the camera to the ringlet on the case, so that they are always together. When taking pictures, while holding the camera with your right hand, you should hold the case with your left hand. If someone accidentally bumps into you and causes you to drop the camera, it won't fall to the ground because the case is tied to the camera. I had saved my camera from destruction numerous times this way.

I like this case very much because it offers great protection without the bulk of other cases. If your camera is the same or smaller than the aforementioned dimensions, this is an excellent case to consider.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit for Canon ELPH cameras, April 26, 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We have a couple of Canon ELPH cameras, and have been using various cases for them, including a really nice one from Crumpler. I always love the simple, clean lines of Caselogic products and this one is no exception. The case itself is very good quality, with a nice plush finish on the interior to protect those delicate (and scratch-catching) LCD screens on little cameras. It has other clever features like the snap on the belt strap can be supported with your finger so you aren't pushing it into the camera to snap it shut (easier to see than to describe in writing). Also, rather than opening up like a clam shell, the case has gussets in the bottom that keep the contents from falling out when opened completely. It makes it slightly more difficult to use, but the security this offers is definitely worth it. When worn on a belt, this will prevent the camera from flopping out onto the ground when you unzip the case.

Also included is a lanyard type strap for around-the-neck if you are into that sort of thing. If you aren't it is easily detachable with a little clip.

The only down-side I can find for this case is that there is only one zipper. This means that you can't close the zipper and have the camera's strap sticking up through the top of the case. Its a minor flaw, really, consider the other benefits of this case and its relatively low price.

3.0 out of 5 stars Misleading Dimensions, December 22, 2010
We ordered this case with the intention to use it with my HTC HD2 phone, paying special attention to the dimensions advertised in the product description, which would have certainly accommodated my phone. We discovered when the product arrived that the actual product dimensions are dramatically smaller: (internal) 4.25 inches x 3.25 inches. Possibly 1/4 inch could be squeaked out of this case in length and width if one is willing to stress the zipper. It turns out that the dimensions given were including the cardboard packaging attached with the product.

Apart from this very frustrating point, the case itself is remarkable. We own several cases from Case Logic, and we are very happy with the lot of them. This particular case would exceed our expectations in many regards. The main compartment is lined on the belt-clip side with a material that is very soft and it resembles fleece (though I assume it is a material which does not build up a charge). It should be noted that the belt-clip side is not rigid.

The opposing side of the case is pretty rigid, comparable to a guitar case which would come with a typical acoustic guitar. It could accurately be described as semi-rigid: it is flexible enough to endure wearing on a belt, while also being stiff enough to offer protection against bumping at speeds and force typical of the average person's gait. This feature is further strengthened by the (canvas-like) polyester exterior, which also features a fixed strap that is identical to that which one will find used for a seat belt in any modern passenger vehicle. The detail absolutely helps improve the overall strength and durability of this case.

If only the advertised dimensions had been accurately portrayed, I would have been extremely happy with this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Case excellent, Colour misleading, September 8, 2011
This case is very nice and protecting for your Canon Power Shot Elph 300 HS. The only reason I will return it is the Colour, said to be Light Blue and on the pictures looks to be a very nice turquise Blue, which in reality is GREEN. I will return it tomorrow and have already ordered a Black one instead. The very soft and fluffy inside is very well protecting for the LCD screen and when zipped all around it is a very good protection for your camera, incase you should drop it. My son got one of this in black together with his new Camera (Canon PS Elph 300 hs)in June and he has talked so much positive about it, carrying it for long backpacking trips etc so I decided to get one for myself as well.I only give it 4 Stars due to the misleading Colour, otherwise the quality is Superb!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Case for Canon PowerShot, September 29, 2011
I bought the red Canon PowerShot ELPH 300 and decided upon this red case. It's a perfect size and color match, and there's room for extra SD cards in the internal sleeve. It's not waterproof, but keeps your camera protected with soft interior and sturdy exterior. Also easy to find in my purse or tote with the red color. I am very happy with it and would highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good case for very small cameras, August 2, 2012
One person here has stated that this case is "just right" for his Canon S95, so I went to a local store and tried one. I should have read the item description and other comments more carefully. This case is too small for S95. It didn't even zip up. The quality is perfect but for smaller cameras than mine. I ended up buying Case Logic SLDC-201 Ultra Camera Case (Black). That is what I call "just right".

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, inexpensive case for very small cameras, May 2, 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a very small, sturdy, lightweight and inexpensive camera case, well suited for very small digital cameras. It is not perfect, but at the price point and for the size it's hard to beat.

One side of the case is reinforced and one can feel that it is designed to be very crush-resistant. This is a good design decision that will help to protect the camera stored within. The other side of the case is softer and less sturdy, though, which puzzles me slightly. If one side is reinforced and "hardened" it makes sense to make the outside half stronger (which is how this case is designed) but strengthening both sides would have made the case a much better protector. It might also have driven the price up a bit too, though.

The inside has two compartments. One is plush and lined with the softest material that will not scratch plastic surfaces, and is ideal for the camera. The other is small and consists of webbing and the case side which is suitable for SD cards or a small battery or two. There is no wasted space inside.

The user has a choice of using the snapping belt strap or the lanyard. It is not a shoulder strap, but appears to be designed with the idea of handing the whole thing around one's neck instead. The lanyard is removable and can be stored inside.

This is a very small case and that should be kept in mind when shopping for camera cases. It is not at all suitable for any but the smallest of cameras. That said, for the cameras in its target size it's an excellent case at a great price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Secure, stylish and inexpensive, April 26, 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We are currently using this case for our Kodak EasyShare M1033. In fact we just used it to take the camera on a weekend trip and it worked extremely well. A bonus was that the one feature I didn't think would be of much use, the belt loop, was perfect for a ATV ride we took in the mountains. It kept it securely attached and there wasn't any concern of losing it. Additionally the zip closure was very good at not letting in any dust and although not needed, there was plenty of room for the spare battery and SD card.

Case Logic has definitely won over some buyer loyalty with me in several of the products I've purchased or received. Not only have the prices been reasonable, but the products have exceeded expectations.

Here are just a couple more products I'd recommend in addition to this one:
Caselogic VNA210 10.2-Inch Netbook Attache (Black)
Caselogic TBC-301 Ultra Compact Camera Case (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars 2 for 1?, December 28, 2010
I bought the "light blue" for my Canon SD1200, great fit! Though I thought I was buying only one for $9.99.....I got two!! COLOR IS NOT light blue. It is more a turquoise aqua, which is what I did want.
I thought this would be too big for my camera since I did measure it....but with the zip around and the padding it fits perfectly. Give an extra inch for both length and width and your camera should fit in this. Comes with a neck strap, and the belt strap unbuttons for a wrist strap (if you have a small wrist). Love it.
Exact dimensions (pretty much): Up/Down is 5" Side to side is just over 3.5"
Hope I made that clear enough for all....

4.0 out of 5 stars Just fits my Sony HX7V, August 20, 2011
Sunshine Dawn (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
So after reading the many reviews posted, I took a chance and bought this case for my Sony HX7V. It just barely fits! I do love the soft plushy inside. I feel very comfortable resting my camera's large screen against this. There is a little pocket on the inside that holds, perfectly, an extra battery or memory card. My only issue with this, is that the pocket could use a little piece of velcro or a snap so that the small items don't fall out. On more than one occasion, I have almost lost my extra battery when the case was open. Otherwise, it is a very sturdy feeling case with a very modern look. Just take heed to all the warnings of size. It is definitely meant for COMPACT cameras!