on February 23, 2013
Verified Purchase
My Sony NEX 6 with the 16-50 mm power zoom lens fits in this case almost perfectly -- maybe perfectly. The case is well-made, sufficiently austere to be stylish or at least unobtrusive and it provides a fair amount of protection. You pretty much can't fit anything else in the case, no room for extra lenses, power adapter, etc. but that's not what this case is about. This case is compact, just like my camera. This case is good for carrying the camera over your shoulder, in your hand, in a backpack. I can't say how long it will last since I just got it but it seems pretty durable and besides, you could buy two or three of them and it would still be a good value, but don't tell Case Logic that or they might raise the price.
on December 29, 2012
Verified Purchase
Nice case, but be aware that the stated dimensions are incorrect. Actual measured outside dimensions are 5" x 2.75" x 6 & 5/8". The depth of the case tapers from the top opening depth of 2.75" to a maximum depth of only 3 & 1/8". The listed dimensions indicate that this case is 3.5"! This was a definite deal breaker for me, as the camera I intended it to be used with will not fit due to the discrepancy in the depth.
on January 4, 2013
Verified Purchase
I am using this to hold my NEX-6 with the 16-50 lens, and it does fit, but just barely. I needed about one more inch of depth to be happy. I would have to disagree with the 3" internal compartment depth, because the external depth is about 3".
The way that the front of the case curves at the top is where I would want that extra room. I would say that the max internal depth is about 2.5" at the base of the zipper and about 2" on the top section where the case slopes in. I thought it was nice that there were actually internal dimensions on the product description, but oh well. I must say that the other dimensions seem accurate.

Also the padding is a little too thin. I wish the back waterproof part of the case was both halves.

This case might be better for a nex-5 or nex-3 with the new powerzoom, since they are slightly smaller and do not have the EVF.
Verified Purchase
This basic but well-constructed case holds my Nikon P7700 (one of the larger PNSs) with its somewhat bulky shoulder strap attached, plus wall charger and USB cable. It's a tight fit to get all that stuff in there (due to Nikon's wall charger being unfortunately large).

When I'm out and about taking pictures, I don't normally carry the wall charger in my camera case, but rather an extra battery. Leaving out the wall charger, the case has plenty of room for the camera with shoulder strap, extra battery, iPad camera connection kit, USB cable, and a bit of room to spare.

You put these extra small items in a back compartment that's separate from the main compartment, so it keeps them from scratching your camera.

The case is basic, but appears well-made. It offers an average level of protection with some memory foam inside. I haven't drop-tested the case, but I'm pretty confident that my camera would survive a drop of a couple feet in this case, like maybe from the top of a desk or table to the floor.

The case has its own adjustable neck/shoulder strap (about 1/2 inch wide), so you might consider using a wrist strap on your camera instead of the camera's own shoulder strap. The case also has a belt loop/strap that is sewn into the case on one end but attaches on one end with pretty strong velcro; you could use this strap to attach the case to the outside of a backpack/daypack (provided there was something to hook the belt strap to).

The best feature of this case, in my opinion, is the great price. Bought it from Amazon for under $13. Seen lots of similar cases at BB and camera stores for $20+, and at those prices, this case is perfectly adequate but nothing special. But for $13, it's a compelling buy if you don't need extraordinary protection or the space to carry lots of accessories.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on May 25, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I've been looking for a small and convenient camera case of the Olympus E-PL1 since I purchased that interchangeable lens compact camera in 2010. The E-PL1 (and the newer E-PL2) is a great camera that combines the features of a standard DSLR with the much smaller size of a compact camera. The Olympus 17mm f2.8 lens and the Panasonic 20mm f1.7 lenses are among the most popular lenses for the E-PL1 and E-PL2 because these lenses are fast and very compact.

The Case Logic SLMC-200 compact system camera case looks like it might be the perfect case for these small cameras, but looks can be deceiving. The SLMC-200 is an attractive camera case that fits the E-PL1 with Panasonic 20mm lens attached ... but only just. There is no room inside the case for anything other than a couple of SDHC memory cards unless you're willing to "force" other items inside the case. I managed to fit a spare battery inside the case with the E-PL1 and the Panasonic 20mm lens, but I really had to jam the battery in there so the zipper on the case would close.

I don't like the idea of "jamming" a battery into my camera case in order to make it fit with my camera. Honestly, although I admire the compact size of this case it's just a little too small to be practical. Speaking of practicality, the included shoulder strap is little more than a string and not very useful. Thankfully, the back of the SLMC-200 has a wide belt loop with a thick strip of Velcro to hold the case in place on your belt.

In short, the Case Logic SLMC-200 compact system camera case fits the Olympus E-PL1 with either the 17mm or 20mm "pancake" lenses attached to the camera, but the case is simply too small for anything else.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
VINE VOICEon June 9, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
OK, I ordered this item from the Vine for my teenage technophile, otherwise known as the Impertinent Daughter. Since she has been the one using this particular offering, I'll let her drive this review, as follows......

"Okay! I received this camera case for my small Nikon Coolpix digital camera. It fits in there nicely! Like, I can also fit in my iPod touch and my BlackBerry Curve and a few other things that I'm likely to carry around! I don't know exactly if it's waterproof or anything (it hasn't rained and I don't want to risk my unfortunate electronics fizzing out by flicking water on it) but it does seem to be able to keep small children out of it. It comes with a carrying strap which is a bit short, but it works. It also has a velcro loop-ish thing on the back that you can use to attach it to a belt or a belt loop.
Yeah.
I find it to be a nice camera carrying case. But that's just what I'm saying. You might not say the same thing. But I'm pretty sure you would find it useful as well."

So there you have it. I've looked at the case and found it to be pretty sturdy. The seams are tight, the construction looks solid, and there is plenty of space for a compact camera plus accessories. I have a Case Logic laptop backpack that has held up very well, and this little camera case looks to be of the same durable quality. Gotta mark this down as as a solid win.

Recommended.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Basic construction: The back is a semi-rigid material that holds the case's shape, but allowing limited flexibility. It has the feel of material that won't become brittle with use (but don't know about "over time"). It's corners are nicely rounded so that they are unlikely to poke you. The nylon fabrics (two types) on the remainder of the case _feel_ like ones that are tough and stand up very well to abrasion and other wear-and-tear (The manufacturer does not ID the fabric beyond "nylon").

Zipper is large and robust, with nice pull tabs on the two sliders. The padding inside the case extends to form stiff lips under the zipper that serve to force the contents of the case inward, largely avoiding contact with the sliders and thereby avoiding jamming the sliders. However, if you overstuff the case, the contents can come in contact with the sliders. I _briefly_ experimented with the situation and the sliders push aside the thin fabric that was in their way.

Opening: The zipper goes fully around three sides of the case, but there is an accordion fold that prevents you from fully opening the case. This is a good thing because you can open the zipper fully when hung on your shoulder or belt without the contents falling out. The accordion fold is almost 3 inches high and allows the top to open wide enough to easily pull out the largest object that fits inside (the basic opening is roughly the internal dimension and then there is additional "give" from the sides folding down and stretching).

Padding is memory foam in a diamond pattern (similar to very low rise "egg crate").

The internal pocket is at the back of the case that is created by a soft, stretchy fabric. It is 4 inches high and 0.5 inches deep (when stretched in neither direction). With the case mounted on my belt, it was easy to reach my hand down all the way into the pocket. However, the pocket doesn't seem to be a good match to my uses. It is bigger than needed to hold a extra memory card. I don't know what else I would put there: From other cases, my well developed reflex is to put the back of the camera against the back of the case, and this argues against having irregularly-shaped, hard objects in this pocket.

The product literature cites the internal pocket as a good place to store things such as a USB cable. Possibly, but I wouldn't. In addition to the concerns above, I would worry about the ends working their way up in the pocket and protruding over the padding.

Shoulder strap: It adjusts from 29 to 53 inches long (reasonable range). The connectors on the strap are excellent quality snap clips with swivels. However, the tabs on the case that the strap connects to seem to be very lightweight compared to everything else. Be aware that the strap itself is only 0.5 inches wide. For the likely weight of the camera in this case, this will likely become uncomfortable very quickly, so you will likely want to invest in a slip-on shoulder strap pad. For comparison, I have a camera case half this size whose strap 50% wider.

Belt strap: The belt strap is fastened on the bottom with Velcro. I much prefer the arrangement where there is an second belt strap that is sewn to the case at both ends. While there a situations where the Velcro attachment has real benefits, most of _my_ usage is more appropriate for a fixed strap. The problem with Velcro-only is that it slowly wears out with use, not just when you fully open it, but from all the tugs on the case that break only a few connections at a time.
on May 9, 2012
Verified Purchase
Perfect size for the Canon G1X, with room for spare battery, too. Good protective cushion front and back. Great price.
on June 12, 2013
Verified Purchase
I bought this because it was compatible with the Nikon P7700 in reviews, but it doesn't fit if you always use the lens protector and hood. It's too thick to even put in the bag. The bag itself is good, but be warned if you use those accessories with the Nikon P7700.
VINE VOICEon May 4, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a very nice case for use with those cameras that are bigger than compact, but smaller than DSLR. It features great protection, a user friendly design, and looks nice.

Design:
The case has a zipper that runs around three sides; when unzipped, the case opens with side protects that keep the camera inside until you remove it. There is a shoulder strap that can be used, which I found to be thin but serviceable. Inside, there is a very large area behind a divider which can be used to hold accessories. A belt loop connection is available on the back, which is closed with velcro. The interior is nicely padded.

Pro:
Very attractive. The case is all black, but with some nice orange highlights.

Good padding. The base of the case is polycarbonate, and on both front and back the interior has padded bumps, a bit like those "egg crate" mattress pads. I think this will do a great job protecting a camera.

Convenient design. When worn around the shoulder or on the belt, one unzips the case and the camera is very easy to get to and grab, yet it will not fall out by itself when opened.

The storage area is big enough to carry a charger & cables, which could be very useful.

Con:
I don't trust velcro for a belt loop connection. I would have liked it better if there was a permanent belt loop connection. Actually, this case is a bit large for belts; maybe it could be used for a backpack attachment. But I still don't trust velcro for these kind of straps.

The storage area behind the camera is very large, and there are no smaller slots that are sized for a battery or extra media card. So one will be rummaging around to get the supplies.

Summary: A good case if your camera is medium sized. Recommended.

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations