4.0 out of 5 stars Solid camera bag with some great features
Published on April 6, 2010 by J. Pfeifer

The construction of this bag is very nice and the zippers seem very strong. The front pocket is pretty small and would hold a filter or two. It does not hold my very small travel charger. It does fit an extra battery.

Published on August 30, 2010 by Just a guy

3.0 out of 5 stars Weight of camera rests on lens - does not fit medium zoom lens, August 30, 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)

Overall, the build is extremely high quality. I deducted two stars because the bag has nothing inside to hold the weight of the camera on the body. Instead, the entirety of the camera weight rests on the end of the lens. This is something I find fairly disturbing. It cannot be good for the lens or the lens mount. Since the bag has nothing inside to support the camera body, the camera is left to rock back and forth horizontally inside the case while the weight of the camera rests on your lens cap.

I also question the depth of the bag. I have a Nikon D3000 10.2MP Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G AF-S DX VR Nikkor Zoom Lens which is a fairly small SLR. It fits OK with my Nikon 35mm f/1.8G AF-S DX Lens for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras attached, but does not fit with the Nikon 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G AF-S DX VR Nikkor Zoom Lens attached (unless you force the zipper closed). My Nikon 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 G ED-IF AF-S VR DX Zoom-Nikkor Lens does not fit at all. I tried a larger Nikon D3 12.1MP FX Digital SLR Camera (Body Only) body I have access to, and the body is too wide to fit into the case with any lens.

Overall, I think this has potential to be a good product, but they need to include some shoulders inside the case to provide padding that allows the camera to rest its weight on the body of the camera - not the lens. I also think it probably needs to be a quarter inch longer to fit most popular zoom kit lenses.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid camera bag with some great features, April 6, 2010
J. Pfeifer (Arlington, VA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Case Logic SLRC-200 SLR Camera Holster (Black) (Camera)
This bag is great. It is lightweight yet feels and is really sturdy. The plastic/rubberized base is incredible. I put my Sony a350 with a 28-200mm zoom lens in it and stood it up on the base and it was completely balanced. I mean if you knocked into it then it would have fallen over but it can rest on the base fully loaded with camera and accessories and not topple over. The base is waterproof (haven't tested that feature) and just gives it a cleaner look. The stiching between the base and nylon on the bag looks and feels solid. The front pocket is small but it is able to hold a few memory cards (2-3 CF type) and a battery or two. The handle is comfortable to hold the bag with and is also attached well.

The only reason I did not give this bag 5 stars is that the shoulder strap is pretty cheap. It is a simple nylon strap but has no padding or anything which given the look and feel of the rest of the bag you would think the strap would be better. Overall, this bag is a great buy. I am sure there are other more expensive bags out there but this one has some good features and is resonably priced when compared to the Quantaray or Tamron bags you can buy online or at the Ritz camera store chain.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great for smaller D-SLRs, August 25, 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This worked great for my Canon 20D. It did not however fit my Canon 7D.

Even with the 20D I had to do a little bit of tucking to get the neoprene strap to fit inside.

In the front pocket I was able to fit comfortable 4 CF cards, 2 batteries, and a lens cloth.

The main compartment had only room for the camera which was holding a Tamron AF 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Macro Zoom Lens for Canon Digital SLR Cameras.

The size of this bag gives extra protection to the camera without a lot of bulk. However the size also limits the number of cameras that can fit into it.

The case itself is well made and provides nice extra protection for the camera. Overall the bag is well padded and provides excellent protection for the camera.

On the outside, the bottom is covered in rubber adding some waterproofing to the bag.

My biggest complaint is the strap and the attachment hooks for the strap. A the strap is a overall cheap flat ribbon like material with inexpensive plastic hooks and adjustments (not the quality I would have expected from Case Logic). The hooks on the bag for the strap are cloth. They are large and perhaps could be used to attach the bag to an accessory belt.

4.0 out of 5 stars just what I need!, March 9, 2011
Tammy "Gladreal" (Northeast Wisconsin, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Case Logic SLRC-200 SLR Camera Holster (Black) (Camera)
I had returned two other cases because they were just not right, too bulky for every day, too big for just my small bit of gear but not big enough to use for anything else. I just wanted a simple case to protect my camera (Canon Rebel XS EF-S 18-55 IS Kit),with lens attached, and maybe a few bits such as the battery charger, extra memory, info book. This really fits the bill, everything fits, it's not too heavy or bulky to carry around. I use my camera mostly right around the house, we go for walks to the park, beach, bike paths etc, and I have to usually take a bag with water and snacks for the kids anyway, so this little bag is easy to grag and go. It's stable when you set it down, and I like that the bottom is waterproof and has no seams to seep water up, that'll be very handy at the beach this summer, the woods in the spring. The only thing I really don't like is the strap, it's plenty long enough (I am 6ft tall so I need a longer strap for it to sit right, cross body style), but it could use a neck-protector padded part, but I can just make something simple to slide on the strap. Zippers seem plenty sturdy. I have all of the above mentioned things inside, plus my iPod fits tucked in there, which I like because I have a few apps I like to use to fun-up my pictures. I figure when I need to lug other stuff along, I can put this case in a backpack along with the rest of it. I think it's a good buy and I am very pleased with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for, November 22, 2012
This review is from: Case Logic SLRC-200 SLR Camera Holster (Black) (Camera)
This case is just what I was looking for. It fits my canon rebel T3i with 18-55 mm lens with strap on. I can also fit a memory card, lens cloth, and my home keys in the front pocket with no problem.

My only worry is that my camera rests on its lens instead of its body but that doesn't seem to be a problem.

UPDATE: The camera resting on the lens is not a problem from what I can tell, I've been using this case for about 2 months now, holding up pretty well.

2.0 out of 5 stars Okay but a bit small, February 6, 2012
This review is from: Case Logic SLRC-200 SLR Camera Holster (Black) (Camera)
The quality of the case is good but really its too small for an SLR camera in my opinion. ITs fits but its a bit of work everytime to try to get the strap tucked in and zipped up. There is no way to fit an additional lens.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not suitable for Canon 60D with 18-135 mm lens, May 20, 2011
This review is from: Case Logic SLRC-200 SLR Camera Holster (Black) (Camera)
The quality of the product is good but its dimensions are too small for a Canon 60D with a 18-135 mm lens.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case., May 30, 2013
This review is from: Case Logic SLRC-200 SLR Camera Holster (Black) (Camera)
When you just want your DSLR, a normal lens or a short telephoto attached, and maybe a filter or extra battery, this is the perfect case to use. It offers fantastic protection, is lightweight, and inexpensive. Great value for the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not for zoom lenses, June 18, 2012
This review is from: Case Logic SLRC-200 SLR Camera Holster (Black) (Camera)
Bought it for Nikon D5100 with Sigma 18-200 lens, it didn't fit the case at all.
If you have a zoom lens larger than 18-55 got with SLRC-201 case.
4 stars for not having a camera hamak inside the case.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great size and protection!, September 2, 2010
Paukenwirbel (the mid-South, USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This case is advertised to hold most SLRs and their kit lenses. I have a Nikon D60, and there's plenty of room for it and the kit lens, but, since I don't usually use the Nikon kit lens in my "walk around mode," I wanted to see if it would hold my D60 and what is my current walk-around lens, the MUCH heftier Nikon 24-120mm f/3.5-5.6G ED IF Autofocus VR Nikkor Zoom Lens. Sure enough, it just fits! Hurrah! True, one needs to take the petal lens hood off and reverse it for storage, but that fits fine. A bit snug, but it's a comfy fit.

I also like the inclusion of an accessory pouch, which provides for storage of a few small items, such as an extra couple memory cards and even one accessory filter and its case: if one doesn't mind some extra snugness, one can even fit a spare battery in that pouch. One suggestion for future models would be that it would be easy to add a zipper-pouch that is dedicated for storing a spare battery (or two) on the side with no increase in footprint or bulk.

The main accessory pouch can easily hold a filter case for the 52-58mm filters I use, though the 72mm filter cases for the lens above are too big. However, if one doesn't mind a bit of clutter, one can fit a spare CPL, IR, or ND filter case or two inside the main storage area. One really can pack light and carry most of what one needs in this bag.

Padding is fantastic, though not bulky or heavy. Excellent design job. I especially am impressed with the waterproof (and sturdy!) EVA base that will do a superb job of protecting your high-priced equipment if, Heaven forbid, one should drop the case on a hard surface. In fact, this EVA base may be the most innovative and desirable part of the case. A+ on the addition of that feature.

The shoulder strap is a bit thin, but it's plenty adequate for the weight involved here. The plastic clips are a bit on the cheap side (thank goodness for that EVA pad!), and they clip onto mere cloth tabs; however, they appear to be strong enough to be up to the task. The top, hand-carry handle is padded and sturdy; the only carry-addition I'd think some might desire would be a strap allowing this case to be belt-mounted "fanny pack" style.

Especially given the 25-year warranty, I can see no reason not to give this case 5 stars, especially given its bargain price. One of the most excellently designed camera accessories I've seen in some time!

Case Logic SLRC-200 SLR Camera Holster (Black)
$34.99 $18.11