Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Case Logic SLRC-200 SLR Camera Holster (Black)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The construction of this bag is very nice and the zippers seem very strong. The front pocket is pretty small and would hold a filter or two. It does not hold my very small travel charger. It does fit an extra battery.

Overall, the build is extremely high quality. I deducted two stars because the bag has nothing inside to hold the weight of the camera on the body. Instead, the entirety of the camera weight rests on the end of the lens. This is something I find fairly disturbing. It cannot be good for the lens or the lens mount. Since the bag has nothing inside to support the camera body, the camera is left to rock back and forth horizontally inside the case while the weight of the camera rests on your lens cap.

I also question the depth of the bag. I have a Nikon D3000 10.2MP Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G AF-S DX VR Nikkor Zoom Lens which is a fairly small SLR. It fits OK with my Nikon 35mm f/1.8G AF-S DX Lens for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras attached, but does not fit with the Nikon 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G AF-S DX VR Nikkor Zoom Lens attached (unless you force the zipper closed). My Nikon 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 G ED-IF AF-S VR DX Zoom-Nikkor Lens does not fit at all. I tried a larger Nikon D3 12.1MP FX Digital SLR Camera (Body Only) body I have access to, and the body is too wide to fit into the case with any lens.

Overall, I think this has potential to be a good product, but they need to include some shoulders inside the case to provide padding that allows the camera to rest its weight on the body of the camera - not the lens. I also think it probably needs to be a quarter inch longer to fit most popular zoom kit lenses.
44 comments| 66 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 6, 2010
This bag is great. It is lightweight yet feels and is really sturdy. The plastic/rubberized base is incredible. I put my Sony a350 with a 28-200mm zoom lens in it and stood it up on the base and it was completely balanced. I mean if you knocked into it then it would have fallen over but it can rest on the base fully loaded with camera and accessories and not topple over. The base is waterproof (haven't tested that feature) and just gives it a cleaner look. The stiching between the base and nylon on the bag looks and feels solid. The front pocket is small but it is able to hold a few memory cards (2-3 CF type) and a battery or two. The handle is comfortable to hold the bag with and is also attached well.

The only reason I did not give this bag 5 stars is that the shoulder strap is pretty cheap. It is a simple nylon strap but has no padding or anything which given the look and feel of the rest of the bag you would think the strap would be better. Overall, this bag is a great buy. I am sure there are other more expensive bags out there but this one has some good features and is resonably priced when compared to the Quantaray or Tamron bags you can buy online or at the Ritz camera store chain.
VINE VOICEon August 25, 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This worked great for my Canon 20D. It did not however fit my Canon 7D.

Even with the 20D I had to do a little bit of tucking to get the neoprene strap to fit inside.

In the front pocket I was able to fit comfortable 4 CF cards, 2 batteries, and a lens cloth.

The main compartment had only room for the camera which was holding a Tamron AF 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Macro Zoom Lens for Canon Digital SLR Cameras.

The size of this bag gives extra protection to the camera without a lot of bulk. However the size also limits the number of cameras that can fit into it.

The case itself is well made and provides nice extra protection for the camera. Overall the bag is well padded and provides excellent protection for the camera.

On the outside, the bottom is covered in rubber adding some waterproofing to the bag.

My biggest complaint is the strap and the attachment hooks for the strap. A the strap is a overall cheap flat ribbon like material with inexpensive plastic hooks and adjustments (not the quality I would have expected from Case Logic). The hooks on the bag for the strap are cloth. They are large and perhaps could be used to attach the bag to an accessory belt.
on March 9, 2011
I had returned two other cases because they were just not right, too bulky for every day, too big for just my small bit of gear but not big enough to use for anything else. I just wanted a simple case to protect my camera (Canon Rebel XS EF-S 18-55 IS Kit),with lens attached, and maybe a few bits such as the battery charger, extra memory, info book. This really fits the bill, everything fits, it's not too heavy or bulky to carry around. I use my camera mostly right around the house, we go for walks to the park, beach, bike paths etc, and I have to usually take a bag with water and snacks for the kids anyway, so this little bag is easy to grag and go. It's stable when you set it down, and I like that the bottom is waterproof and has no seams to seep water up, that'll be very handy at the beach this summer, the woods in the spring. The only thing I really don't like is the strap, it's plenty long enough (I am 6ft tall so I need a longer strap for it to sit right, cross body style), but it could use a neck-protector padded part, but I can just make something simple to slide on the strap. Zippers seem plenty sturdy. I have all of the above mentioned things inside, plus my iPod fits tucked in there, which I like because I have a few apps I like to use to fun-up my pictures. I figure when I need to lug other stuff along, I can put this case in a backpack along with the rest of it. I think it's a good buy and I am very pleased with it.
on February 6, 2012
The quality of the case is good but really its too small for an SLR camera in my opinion. ITs fits but its a bit of work everytime to try to get the strap tucked in and zipped up. There is no way to fit an additional lens.
on December 18, 2014
I debated whether to purchase this case over several similar ones offered by Case Logic. It easily fits the Sony SLT-A58 with attached zoom lens... maybe a little too loose in fact, so it is easy to extract the camera without any effort. The pocket in front is barely adequate for spare battery and memory card. Disappointed that the battery charger cannot be packed away with the camera. This is even more important when the internal pocket under the lid in other models is replaced here with padding to protect the display screen. Materials seem to be of high quality and well assembled. The bottom of the case is protected by a hard shell waterproof boot. A nice feature to have when you set the case down on wet surfaces.
on November 22, 2012
This case is just what I was looking for. It fits my canon rebel T3i with 18-55 mm lens with strap on. I can also fit a memory card, lens cloth, and my home keys in the front pocket with no problem.

My only worry is that my camera rests on its lens instead of its body but that doesn't seem to be a problem.

UPDATE: The camera resting on the lens is not a problem from what I can tell, I've been using this case for about 2 months now, holding up pretty well.
on July 17, 2014
Especially like having a ridged bottom that minimizes damage to camera. Wish this model had the hammock suspension like the SLRC-201 has. My D3300 camera fits a little too sloppy without that feature. I have the SLRC-201 for my T5i 135mm and like it better. Strongly stitched with strong material. Good looking case. I find room for 1 extra battery, extra memory and a remote shutter release. No room for anything of size. I don't use a shoulder harness - so don't know how that feels.
on May 30, 2013
When you just want your DSLR, a normal lens or a short telephoto attached, and maybe a filter or extra battery, this is the perfect case to use. It offers fantastic protection, is lightweight, and inexpensive. Great value for the money.
on December 3, 2014
Excellent protection, good size to grab and take your DSLR along for a day with lens, cap, lens shield, filter and spare memory cards. All fit in this bag very well and I really like the rubber base that keeps the case dry and your camera well protected at all times.

Case Logic has the most extensive line of cases for your cameras and this one is a great option as a day pack or case for your favorite DSLR. You can leave the "big case" at home or in your hotel safe with all the charging equipment, attachments, external flash and large lenses. It is enough for my use and they do have a step up size that can fit a bit more but this one is enough for a day trip.