Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Storm Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services Home Theater Setup Plumbing Services Assembly Services Shop all tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage The Walking Dead\ Gear Up for Football Deal of the Day

Case Logic SLRC-206 SLR Camera and 15.4-Inch Laptop Backpack (Black)
Package Type: Standard PackagingChange
Price:$74.99+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on December 15, 2010
This is a great camera backpack, and for the price, can't really be beat. However, there are a couple of things that I dislike about the bag.

1) The padded dividers are quite thick and take up a chunk of space within the backpack.

2) The hammock system for the camera is neat but it also results in a lot of wasted space at the top of the backpack on either side of where the DSLR body sits.

3) The zipper for the main flap goes down all the way to the bottom but due to the rubberized "bucket" at the bottom, has to stop above the bucket section at the base of the backpack. This is inconvenient because the lower most compartments of the backpack are hard to get at since the flap cannot be pulled apart any more. That space is pretty much dead space because anything that is stored in there will not be easily accessible unless you lay the bag completely flat and then struggle a bit with pulling your lens out of the bottom most compartment.

4) The pouches/flaps in this bag are not very useful due to their lack of having any real capacity as they sit flush against the body of the backpack. This is my single biggest gripe for the bag because the other points made above are more easy to overlook. I especially find it hard to store my GND filters and polarizer along with adapter rings and cokin filter holder in the front/side pouch which is where I should be able to store them for easy access.

Don't let my list of negatives fool you. It is still a great backpack. I just decided to list these points because I didn't really see them in any reviews I read when researching the backpack. If I had, I might have considered a different backpack that had more pouch space for accessories.

Edit - I just wanted to clarify that while my review might perhaps sound more negative than the 4 star rating that I gave this bag, I just chose to list the few complaints I had, that I did not find in any other review at the time of purchase. There are plenty of great things about this bag, and I encourage you to read the abundant positive reviews here on Amazon to learn about them. I've owned this bag for almost a year now and I still like it. My camera has always felt safe in it. Since I don't carry more than 3 lenses at any given time, I have plenty of room in the bag for some of my other accessories.
2121 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Package Type: Standard PackagingVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a very well thought out bag that really stands out from others in its class. For someone like me, who travels with their gear and does a good bit of hiking and camping, a rugged bag is essential.

The organizational possibilities are endless with this pack. The interior is composed of numerous foam components (coated in soft felt) equipped with Velcro. It is super easy to rearrange the padding inside to give any lens a snug fit. I threw in my 200mm zoom and 1.4 prime lenses today, quickly readjusted the padding, zipped it up, and I was out the door without a worry. Of course, I still had room for about four other lenses. I also had my 20-year-old Minolta camera in there, and the design of the hammock and the way the padding angled around the camera body gave it a very secure fit. The memory foam designed to sit on top of the camera body is dense, but it is covered in felt and seems safe enough to have pressed against the display screen of a DSLR. In short, there is no need to worry about harming your gear with this pack, which is important because many of us don't have the most rugged equipment in the world. The padding also gives me peace of mind for hauling my laptop around. My 15.4" laptop fits like a glove in its designated spot and the padding extends to all sides of the compartment (even on top where it zips).

I have taken this pack with me on a trek through the snow on one occasion. I had no problem or hesitation setting it down in the snow. The bottom is very durable and waterproof, and the pack does not easily tip over. I've even packed it lopsided and had some of the flaps hanging open, and it still didn't tip.

While the main features of this pack are great, the little things Caselogic added are a nice touch. Aside from the main two compartments (for camera equipment and laptop), the ancillary compartments on this bag are useful. There are two pockets on the inside flap of the camera compartment and several pockets accessible from the outside. Each of these has its own padding to some degree, and within most of the pockets are different sized pouches just right for fitting any type of smaller equipment (e.g., batteries, film, memory cards, lens filters). The tripod straps on the outside of the bag seem very durable and large enough to hold most any sized tripod, although I have not yet tried taking one out with me. Finally, it helps that the shoulder straps are padded. When this bag is loaded with a laptop and photo equipment, it gets pretty heavy, and it helps that the full length of the straps are padded.

There's not a lot to complain about with this pack. In fact, I only have one gripe, and it is too minor to merit the loss of a star from my rating. With the amount of padding on the back of this bag, it's going to press against your back when you have it loaded, and it doesn't take long to build up a sweat. It would have been nice to see Caselogic design this pack with an airflow system that holds the pack just far enough off your back to let air through (like with newer hiking backpacks). Maybe that will be the next step. For now, though, this concern is too minor for me to complain.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
VINE VOICEon October 20, 2009
WOW, is where I will start, this case gets 10 STARS! In the past I reviewed the Case Logic XN SLR-6 med. case and it had MANY flaws. ALL of those flaws have been corrected on this new SLRC-206 case. The area where the camera body goes is now UNIVERSAL! ANY body will now fit this case even with a Canon 300mm L lens attached, hood reversed! My 20D even fits perfect with a battery grip attached, It is totally universal, BEAUTIFUL! There is now padding all around even the flap that goes around the top over the camera body! The padding is very substantial all over this case, even the small pieces that hold your lenses in place are very thickly padded, moveable and and contoured to hold everything secure. Everything inside is moveable with velcro, even the rubber sling piece the lens slips through, completely adjustable for any use, you can even take out everything inside and use it as a regular backpack! I LOVE THIS CASE and I thank case logic for listening to my review and correcting every single flaw of the XNSLR-6. Even the bottom was well thought out. It has a hard water proof bottom. The zippers are extra big and zip with ease, there are plenty of compartments inside and out. There are velcro tripod straps on the side and another compartment on the other side. There is a handle on the top very well reinforced and well padded shoulder straps and padding on the back where it rests on your back. They thought of everything! All of these GREAT features and best of all this case weighs literally NOTHING! It is very substantial but feather light so go ahead and fill it up, it holds a ton of stuff even a laptop and the weight will be what you put inside not in the case itself like most competitors. It also looks great and the bright yellow interior GREATLY helps you see what's inside, I hate a case with a black interior when you are packing mostly black photo gear! This bag is a 100% improvement over the XNSLR-6. I can't think of one negative thing to say and thats just not normal for me as I am very hard to please. GET IT! This is an AWESOME case!!!!
I noticed there are no interior dimensions mentioned for the photo side of this case just the laptop side so here you go:
The camera gear side interior measures 16.5'' tall x 11'' wide x 6.5'' deep, about the size of your average backpack with tons of room. Will easily pass as a carry on bag!
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 15, 2010
This is my second second Case Logic Backpack this size. The older model was ok, but didn't feel durable, and broke a couple zippers within months, so I was a little hesitant about this one. This model does seem a little heavier, more durable, and the zippers seem to be better, but the side straps for the tripods didn't last long. One broke within a month or little over. They are pretty good bags, wish they would be a little more durable. Because of that I have to go 3 stars...
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on July 6, 2011
I bought this as a carry-on for a trip I was taking with many layovers and planned to take more than photo equipment and a laptop with me.

Due to the $25 restriction for each piece of checked baggage on my airline, I wanted to carry as much with me as I could and not have to pay extra for it. So into this case I stuffed among other things -

- a Toshiba Satellite A135 laptop with a 15.4" screen. I was worried it wouldn't fit inside, but there was plenty of room. The laptop could have been a bit larger and still fit.

- a Nikon D40 camera.

- a HUGE Nikon 70-200 VR lens that is 8.5" long... MOUNTED on the D40!! and it fit with room to spare!!

- charger cable for laptop, extra charger and batteries for camera, lens covers. A pen, my car keys, an extra battery for my phone.

- a pair of SNEAKERS stuffed with socks on either side of the camera equipment!!

- my clasp purse

And probably other stuff I forgot to add. End result, it was heavy, but handled everything very well. There is a carrying handle on the top and two well-made shoulder straps. I didn't ever feel as though they were going to fray, and there must have been 15 or 20 lbs worth of stuff inside.

** drawbacks **

I found that although all the security signs in the airport quoted the following TSA directive - "For a bag to be considered checkpoint friendly it should meet the following standards:

* A designated laptop-only section
* The laptop-only section completely unfolds to lie flat on the X-ray belt
* No metal snaps, zippers or buckles inside, underneath or on top of the laptop-only section
* No pockets on the inside or outside of the laptop-only section
* Nothing packed in the laptop-only section other than the computer itself."

and I believe this case meets all of those requirements; I was still requested to remove the laptop from the case and send it through separately at both checkpoints I went through. It was not a huge deal, but a little annoying.

I agree with previous posters that having straps at the waist would help, but it wasn't a dealbreaker.

I would definitely buy this again; it's well made, comfortable to wear, very easy to adapt to whatever you carry by removing the orange insulation pieces inside, and I feel it was a great score on my part. It will be traveling with me for a long time to come!
review image review image
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on April 17, 2015
I had the first model of the Case Logic photographer's backpack and after being really happy with it for more than 8 years, I was really glad to buy the new one. WHAT A DECEPTION! This one is heavier, there is no more soft texture in the laptop compartment, only one lateral pocket and the worst of all: The handle of the backpack is in the wrong place!!! It should be on the main core of the bag and certainly not on the laptop's cover. You can not open your bag hanging it up, the gravity center is absolutely not considered anymore, what a shame for a hundred bucks item… I was buying it because I was so sure of the Case Logic quality but the brand failed me this time… I guess I have to learn I should go to the shop to see it first next time.
review image
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
It has been a long trek for me finding the perfect bag, so far this Caselogic bag comes close but still no cigar... I am looking for a bag I can bring to work daily to carry my laptop and most if not all my camera gear and not look like a luggage is on my back.

The good:
- Excellent padding throughout the entire bag.
- Hard bottom for stability & protection.
- Divider padding is thick (see bad).
- Memory foam cover of the camera slot.

The bad:
- Shoulder strap is thinly padded (My Canon branded camera backpack has a beefier shoulder strap).
- Very tight fit for my 50D with battery pack, needs alot of forcing to zip closed (Canon 1D & battery grip pack owners beware).
- Dividers are too thick, wasting valuable space (easily remedied).
- The camera holder suspension slot is too tight, I can't insert the camera with the hood on (24-70mm). Going in and out the camera gets stuck. (It can be removed)

I have 3 bags currently (Canon & Lowepro Computrekker Plus) this Caselogic bag is an excellent size, not too big, and I was able to fit all my gear plus my MBP 15". However the bad listed for the battery pack prevents me from using it everyday. In addition the straps on the Caselogic slr206 concerns me on the long term reliability.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on September 20, 2011
One reason why I hate buying from the internet is that you don't get to handle the item before purchasing to see if it's really what you want. You have to base your decision on reviews and pictures which frankly isn't enough. I bought three other camera bags off the internet (Vanguard 43, Tamrac Evolution 6 and a Lowepro Slingshot 202AW) and all were returned. THIS bag however will NOT be returned.

THE GOOD:
- The overall build quality is very high.
- Good overall size. I'm 6.0' tall and it fits on my back just fine. Not too big, not too small.
- It is very comfortable to wear.
- Nice and airy back to the backpack. Will probably be good on hot days.
- The hammock suspension thingy that holds the DSLR is pretty cool.
- I like the fact that I can access my camera without opening the whole bag.
- Sits very firm on the ground with the EVA base. This base material would make for easy cleaning too.
- I LOVE the fact that the interior is soft felt rather than the usual nylon covered divider. Something only seen in bags twice the cost of this one.
- The dividers are thickly padded and form fitted for lenses.
- Good sized straps for a tripod.
- There is a small velco strap on each shoulder strap to bind any excess dangling straps. This strap management is a huge plus since other bags I've seen had straps dangling all over the place out of control which looked like crap.
- Speaking of straps, there are no extra straps going across your chest and/or your waist like many other bags. I'm a big guy and I didn't like them. How hard is it to just give me a freakin' backpack without all the other crap? Sheesh.

THE NOT-SO GOOD:
- It would be nice if the pockets expanded some but not a big deal.
- No included rain cover.
- I can see what others have said about the bottom row of bag and the base getting in the way. No biggie really because it's flexible enough to move and get your stuff. You could also just put the longer lenses (or flash) down there and the smaller ones above it. It will cease to be a problem.
- I don't have much use for the laptop compartment for it's intended purpose. It will just open up another storage area for other things like a book, magazine, misc papers, manuals, second neck strap or whatever.

Anyway, hope you liked the review. Great bag and I highly recommend.

***Edited 2/23/12**** While I still think the bag is nice I had to stop using it because the Canon 70-300 f/4-5.6L I recently bought doesn't fit through the suspension system this bag has in place. I no longer feel the bag is useful if I can't use it's main feature so I bought a Think Tank StreetWalker Pro which is awesome.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I'm an avid photographer, and recently took this bag with me as my main carrying back on a 3 week trip India. I absolutely loved it.

The bag has a ton of compartments that are meant for lenses, but I used them as anything from a compartment to store my camcorders, chargers, medicines, etc. Please check out the pictures I have uploaded. One of the pictures will show HOW MUCH STUFF I had stuffed in this bag.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on July 13, 2011
Let me start off by saying that this bag is of good quality from what I saw while I had it and that it appeared to be fairly durable.

The Problem:
I have been adding to my camera and lens collection recently and have recently upgraded from a Canon Rebel XTi to the Canon EOS 7D 18 MP CMOS Digital SLR Camera with 3-inch LCD and 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Standard Zoom Lens and wanted to upgrade my bag along with it. I was using the Lowepro SlingShot 202 AW and I loved it, but with the sling it was just getting too heavy to walk around with all day. I have 3 lenses, a camera body, an external flash, along with various filters, accessories, and a laptop or an ipad (depending on location/type of shoot). When I received this Case Logic bag, it just didn't feel right. The SLR sling seemed to not work very cohesively with the zipper. In my bag, I want quick and easy access to my camera. I don't mind if the lenses aren't as quickly accessible, but I want my camera within easy reach. Often, I keep the mount for my tripod attached to the camera so it adds about 1/4" in height to my camera. When I would place my camera in the bag it would get stuck on top of the zipper and I would have to pull the top of the bag over the camera to zip it. Not a huge deal, but enough to sway me away from the bag. I prefer not to have to take my bag off and set it on the ground/table to get my camera out quickly, and this bag doesn't allow for that, at least for me. Also with the sling it left a lot of extra space on the sides of the camera that I felt were a bit wasted.

The Good Stuff:
As I said, this bag is built well quality wise. The waterproof bottom is a plus, though it is very firm and I would prefer a waterproof coated flexible fabric. It does allow the bag to stand on its own fairly well though. I like that the dividers were a bit larger. It seemed to offer a bit of extra protection between lenses than your average bag. They do take up extra room and if you wanted to lay your longer lenses down, the concave shape isn't necessary. The pockets offer a decent amount of storage space for any accessories (remotes, filters, cables, etc. The laptop pocket seemed roomy and everything fit well for me. The memory foam at the top inside near the sling seemed nice as it added a little extra molded support to the camera body.

Bottom Line:
I liked aspects of the bag, but accessibility is very important to me and this bag lacks that. I'm going to give the Lowepro Fastpack 250 or 350 a shot since they are built the same as my SlingShot but with two straps without losing the side access pocket for easily getting your camera without taking the bag off.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...