Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Case Logic TBC-302 FFP Compact Camera Case (Black)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Color: Black|Package Type: Frustration-Free Packaging|Change
Price:$5.81+ Free shipping

on December 22, 2009
I recently purchased a Canon S90 to complement my 5DmkII on a safari in Tanzania. Throughout the trip I had the S90 on my belt for quick and easy access; the case isn't bulky and seemed to protect the camera well enough from the occasional knock as the land cruiser hit big bumps.

On my last day in Tanzania I was walking through the streets of Arusha when suddenly I felt a hard tug that almost spun me around. I turned to see a man starting to flee. I started off in pursuit--concerned more about the memory card than the camera itself--but after a few steps realized the camera was still at my side, only a slight rip in the strap indicating anything had happened.

Recommended as a sturdy carrying case with a reasonable amount of padding for impact protection (you won't want to drop it from very high or expose it to strong blows).
1515 comments|343 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 14, 2009
I tried several cases for my new Canon S90 and this case had the best snug fit for the S90 without being too snug. It will provide a modest level of protection for the camera without adding unnecessary bulk. The outer pocket will hold an extra battery and/or memory card.
0Comment|147 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 3, 2010
Case-logic review
1313 comments|105 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon January 14, 2010
This case happens to be a good fit for the Canon S90. If you're hiking or are on vacation, it'll get you that crucial amount of padding plus room for 1 or 2 spare batteries and SD card. I particularly like the fact that the belt loop is fixed (not a clip), so once you put it on, you can be confident that it stays on, no matter which woods you're cutting your way through. Use a wider belt if you have one, the case wiggles a little with slim belts.

If you're out in Metropolis though, the "outdoor factor" may be just a tad over the edge. You can remove the metal hook and cut off the bright label with sharp scissors, but it'll still look a bit too dorky for, say, the opera or sushi gathering. For such occasions, you'll do better with Canon's PSC900 Deluxe Leather Case.
33 comments|77 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 16, 2012
I purchased this camera case to go with the Panasonic Lumix DMC ZS15, but it was too small to hold the camera. The quality was nice and it was very lightweight--just didn't work with this camera.
44 comments|51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 26, 2010
I read this was a good case to get for the Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7 so I ordered one at the same time I ordered my camera.

I got them on the same day and was happy.

I like the case, it is padded and has a little pocket in the front, but I was hoping the pocket was a little bigger. You can't really fit anything in there.. maybe a SD card, but it can't have to bulky a case and there is no way a battery will fit in there.

As for the camera, I liked it at first, it has a snug fit and seemed perfect, but then I realized how unperfect it was. I put the wrist band on it and all the sudden it was way to hard to close, I was afraid I'd scratch it trying to get it zipped. I found a way around this by turning the camera backwards facing away from the pocket.

Another thing I noticed and I HATED was when it was turned the right way with the wrist band on (not sure about without it.. only noticed after I put it on) is that the fit was TO tight that sometimes when zipping it up the zipper hits the on off switch and tries to turn it on.. which isn't good cuz the lense has no where to go! Again, turning it backwards seems to help with this, but I still have to be real careful when putting it up to avoid hitting it...

I like the snug fit but at the same time I wish it was a little bit bigger, I'm afraid if I am in to big of a hurry I might accidently hit the camera with the zipper or something.
1313 comments|69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 2, 2012
I own a Canon S95 and have been using a Case Logic case with it for months and it's the perfect size... close fitting, but with a bit of room for wrist strap and spare battery in zippered pocket.

I recently bought a Canon SX260 HS and after test fitting it in the case I have for the S95, I found it would work well for the new camera too.

But for some unknown and inexplicable reason, Case Logic doesn't put the item number anywhere on these cases! Two tags on the case, and neither has the model number!

So I bought this TBC-302 based on the dimensions and the fact it appears nearly identical to the case I already had.

It's not the same, unfortunately, and I found that this case is much too tight for the SX260 HS.

I finally figured out that the case I had, and wanted, is listed as a camcorder case, rather than a camera case. (I went to Case Logic and entered the camera model and it didn't even show the case I wanted and have been using.)

It turns out the case I had and wanted to buy a second one is the TBC-312 pocket camcorder case. I don't think Case Logic even makes it anymore, as it's not listed on their site, but is available here.

One thing that is different is that the TBC-312 has bar tacking reinforcing stitching on the top AND bottom of zipper compartment on front of case, while this TBC-302 only has it on top.

If you have a camera that isn't super compact and small, yet is still a small point and shoot, or a super zoom point and shoot like the Canon SX240 or 260 or the S95 and you want a case that's plenty snug but not super tight, the TBC-312 is the way to go.
44 comments|33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 15, 2010
I just purchased a Canon SD4000 and wanted a good case to secure the camera. I went with Caselogic TBC-302 and I love the fit.
I had many different cases and every time I get frustrated of keeping the camera in the case because it doesn't fit in my pocket.
Usually, I would just keep the case in my bag and the camera in my pocket.

The TBC-302 size fits comfortably in a regular pair of jeans.
Enough room for a spare battery and SD card.
on March 8, 2011
I just purchased a Panasonic Lumix ZS7 from Amazon and am looking for a case to protect it. I read a few reviews on this case that referenced Panasonic Lumix and/or ZS7, so I ordered one. Don't make the same mistake I did!

This case is too small for the ZS7 (or any similar size model). Once you cram it into the case, it really takes some effort to get the zipper closed. I'm afraid of the zipper scratching the new camera. Since return shipping costs almost as much as I paid for this case in the first place, I'm stuck with it or selling it online elsewhere.

I'm giving the product a good rating because I do like the case, it just doesn't fit my specific camera, which I had no way of knowing until after ordering it. There could be more cushioning, so like others have mentioned, I wouldn't expect it to protect the camera very well if dropped from several feet. But to protect from scratches and average jostling around, it's decent enough.

Update: I checked out a few stores in my area, taking my camera along with me for a fitting.

If you like the looks of this case, but want one for your ZS7 or similar size model, check out the Case Logic TBC-303. The camera will fit, with room to spare, plus has the zippered storage pocket on the front. Similar to the TBC-302, it will hold the camera and offers some protection from bangs and scratches, but isn't likely to protect your camera much if dropped. The big-box store that starts with a "W" is selling it for nine bucks in my area.

If you want something with more cushion/protection, I would recommend the Case Logic QPB-202. It has a plush interior with thicker cushioning along with a hard molded front. It wil fit the camera inside and has a mesh pocket for memory cards and an extra battery. Definitely feels like it would better protect the camera if dropped from a few feet up. I'm buying it from Amazon for less than ten smackeroos. The "W" store didn't carry it and the office supply chain had a higher "Max" price, over thirteen bucks.
on August 6, 2011
Very simply it may be a great case for a smaller camera but it is much too small for a Canon PowerShot SX230 HS even though both are juxtaposed in the sales blurb.
22 comments|56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse