Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon David Bowie egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals Black Friday Video Game Deals Outdoor Deals on HTL

Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a small sling bag for SLR cameras. The main compartment is big enough (7" x 7") to hold a camera with a medium-sized lens attached. If you use small lenses, you might be able to carry an extra lens in the main compartment as well, in one of the two adjustable side pockets (2 ¼" each). There is also an arched compartment at top of the bag (7" x 4 ½" at the peak). On the front of the bag there is a zippered pocket. Inside the pocket is a mesh pouch as well as an inner zippered pocket. And there is a smaller zippered compartment on the outside of the pocket. According to the picture on the label, the single strap is designed to go over your head and rest on your left shoulder. To access the bag, you lift up with your left hand, pulling the bag under your right arm, putting the main compartment within easy reach of your left hand. Thus, this bag is particularly good for lefties, although it's not really inconvenient for righties either. The bag is well padded throughout, and feels reasonably water resistant, although it does not include a waterproof cover. The pull tabs on the zippers are strips of nylon attached with metal rings to the zipper heads.

I like the concept of this bag a lot, but its extremely small size makes it almost too small to be useable. Most of the time, I carry a Nikon D90 with an 18 x 200 mm lens attached that is 72 mm wide and 4" long. With the lens attached to the camera, it barely fits in this bag, and I have to jam the strap into the bag--it takes a bit of effort to get the zipper closed over the strap. There is no room for the lens hood if it is on the lens--I have to take it off and slip it sideways into one of the side compartments. Even without the lens hood in a side compartment, I can't fit my other favorite lens in the main compartment of the bag, a 70 x 300 mm lens that is 62 mm wide. I can't zipper the main compartment shut at all with that lens on the camera--at 5" long, it just won't fit. So if I want to take that lens along, it has to go in the upper compartment, where it rolls about unsecured. Not good. I do like the pockets on the front of the bag, though. They provide plenty of room for extra batteries and memory chips, perhaps a pencil or pen, even room for a cell phone or other small device, all well secured in mesh or zipped spaces. And overall, the bag is extremely light, so it's quite comfortable to carry.

The single strap is well padded, but it lacks any kind of stability strap on the side, so the bag tends to slide around. If I'm kneeling down, trying to get a close up shot, the bag often slips around and jams my left elbow just as I'm ready to click the shutter. On the other hand, the single strap comes with a very long piece of strap extension, that is secured with a strong Velcro loop. The straps have led me to try an off-label use--tying the bag to my bicycle handlebars for quick front access to my camera while riding. I've been searching for a good camera handlebar bag for several years with no success. Only one company seems to make anything resembling a camera handlebar bag, and even that one is only an insert, where you have to buy a general use bag, then buy a camera insert separately. With its single padded strap, long strap extender, and Velcro loop, this bag can be attached very securely to bicycle handlebars and provide amply padded, secure yet handy camera storage for bikers. And when you get to your destination, simply unloop the straps from the handlebars and throw the bag over your shoulder--nice! In sum, many folks may find this bag too small for general use, but it is a great find for lefties and bikers.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I am using my Case Logic TBC-410 Camera case for my Nikon d5000. The case features side-access for the camera which I had to get comfortable with as I have used top access until now. Side-access is a great feature particularly with the sling shoulder strap as it provides quick and easy access.

The sling shoulder strap provides with its asymmetric design and padded shoulder support (and padded back panel) provides a natural and more comfortable shoulder support. It distributes the weight of the camera and accessories more broadly reducing fatigue.

The case also features a large compartment (accessed from the front) to store another lens (short), a side open-air mesh pocket for just about anything including a water bottle, and several smaller pockets on the front of the case for filters, lens cleaning supplies, etc.

The case is lightweight and durable. DSLR owners will find this case a plus for those times when they only bring the basics.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I carry my camera with me everywhere, usually my Nikon D700 or my D90. I was in the market for a bag when I just wanted to take the one camera and not all the extra lenses. I was also looking for something that would be comfortable to where when I walk/hike but would still give me easy access to the camera. This bag provided everything I was looking for - the strap is strong, yet comfortable. It is lightweight yet provides protection for the camera. There are just enough extra sections for me to squeeze in an extra lens if need be and to carry my phone and wallet.

If you tend to carry multiple cameras, lenses, filters, etc. then this bag will not work for you. It's great for beginners or someone like me who is really just looking for something to protect the camera.
on December 10, 2012
I bought this product knowing full well the complaints everyone gave it. I had low expectations going in, but though it was perfect size for what we needed it for, taking a two week trip through Europe. It worked out for us great, but by the end of our trip, significant wear was noticable on the bag. The shoulder strap that attaches to the top of the bag had its stitching come out about a quarter of the way. I think it is just the stitching that is done poorly. I will have someone resew all parts across the bag to make it more durable and usable for the future. If you need it for a quick trip, the price is right, just don't expect it to be a bag you use for years.
VINE VOICEon October 7, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is the perfect size camera bag for carrying around most modern hand-helds, instant camera's or just basic equipment you don't want to clog your pockets with.

The bandalero style strap versus two separate straps is also a better option. This bag is perfect for minimalists, lightweight and even good in inclement weather. I've used this bag on several day hikes in the mountains, have been rained and snowed on and surprised at the protection it provides. I've since sprayed it with Scotch-Guard, but that was just as a precaution.

The zippers are well constructed, heavy duty and haven't yet gotten snagged on the fabric. I use this bag frequently as it's convenient and the perfect size for day trips to just about any kind of function.

I have a few bags from Case Logic now and all of them are quite excellent. This one just happens to be my favourite.
on January 13, 2014
This camera bag is perfect for me! I have a Canon T3i. It is kind of on a smaller side, so if you need a bag that can fit multiple lenses it would be too small. I got very creative with the space and I'm able to fit ( tight fit but never the less) my 55-250mm in the top compartment and I leave either my 18-55mm lens on the camera or the 50mm one, the lens that is not on the camera fits directly on top of the camera in the side compartment where the camera goes. Like I said a tight fit but it works. There are plenty of little compartments in the bag for batteries, cleaning kit, remote etc, small items. If you try to fit a lens hood or anything that is not small you'll have to take out on of the lenses. I gave it a five star rating because the bag is well made, very comfy, very well cushioned and it works for my needs at this point. I wish it was a little bigger.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This sling is the smallest of Caselogic's SLR bags, and is more like an awkward little backpack than a sling. It's designed to carry a minimal kit (as I usually do) in a small space, like a traveler or enthusiast might.

The bag has a very well thought-out layout. There's no dead-space in the main compartment: you can store things under the "flaps" that support the SLR body (and there's a reach-through from the top pocket). The top pocket is roomy enough for a flash or additional lens. The front pocket has two dividers inside it (zipper and mesh), and there's another external pocket suitable for a lens-cap (or keys, or SD card, or). The small mesh pocket on the side adds another storage spot. The top handle makes it easy to pick the bag up without stooping to reach for the strap.

But, the bag is a bit awkwardly sized. It's kind of miniature: on my average-build 5'11" male body, it looks like I borrowed my GF's bag (it would actually fit her better than me) and is probably better sized for female builds.

Unlike other slings, I couldn't smoothly bring it to the front of my body to get my camera without removing the bag (it's doable, just awkward)-- the squared off side strap prevents this. It never sits quite flat on my back, tilting outwards a little instead, and the narrow strap looks a bit unflattering on the front of my body (if I tighten it to keep the bag flat on my back, or if there's much weight in the bag). The straps are cut such that you can not carry this bag over one shoulder like a backpack. It has to be slung across the body or carried in-hand.

My Canon 60D and attached mid-large EF24-105L lens fit fine in this bag. A bigger lens or bigger body might not have fit.

Although Caselogic describes this bag as having a "hammock", it's really just the soft dividers found in most SLR bags-- it doesn't have the elastic "suspended in mid-bag" hammock that their other slings have (eg, my SLRC-205), which I prefer. Those hammocks avoid having the camera take a shock if you bump or drop the bag, rather than buffering the shock as the foam insulation does.

I am a fan of Caselogic products, whose bags tend to be consistently well-made and well-designed. I carry their older SLRC-205 as my day-to-day camera bag, which I continue to prefer. This newer bag is not as universally applicable as that sling, but is similarly well-designed and well-made. Caselogic makes so many bag variations, that one or another will likely fit well if this one doesn't.

I rate this bag well since it's suited for certain builds, although it doesn't fit my needs. If this compact, well-designed bag suits your body type and usage patterns, it's a good choice.
on May 8, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I am always looking for the perfect day camera bag. While this one is not perfect, it is pretty darn close.

I have a Nikon D7000 with an 18-200 lens attached. I also like to carry my 70-300 Nikon lens as back up when shooting wildlife. The main compartment holds the Nikon with the 18-200. It has a small zippered pocket for SD cards and a cleaning cloth. Above that compartment is another one for my 70-300 lens. It is snug, but even with the lens hood reverse mounted, it works. A mesh outside pocket holds my cell phone. The zippered front compartment holds small accessories for my camera like more SD cards, a mini tripod for my iPhone, pens and a small notepad. Attached to that compartment is another one for my wallet.

All of these compartments are easily accessible. They each serve a specialized purpose and secure the contents. The main compartment unzips as a topload so my camera will not fall out. It has pads that prop the body which are adjustable with velcro. The extra lens compartment is a front load, but with the snug fit, the lens will not roll out.

I really like having a single sling rather than a double strap like on a backpack. This is easier to turn around the body and access, but also adds a layer of security when travelling on public transportation. As stated above, the outer most compartment does not fit much more than a wallet so it is the most exposed.

Case Logic makes awesome cases, and I highly recommmend this one.
VINE VOICEon April 27, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I ordered this knowing that it's designed for intro SLR users owning a smallish Rebel, D3100, etc... along with a kit lens and maybe something else. I have a Nikon D90 12.3MP DX-Format CMOS Digital SLR Camera with 3.0-Inch LCD (Body Only), with a Nikon MB-D80 Multi-Power Battery Pack for the Nikon D80 & D90 Digital SLR Camera (Retail Packaging),Tamron AF 28-75mm f/2.8 SP XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) with Built-In AF Motor for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras (plus a few more lenses, though I never expected to pack many lenses in this), a flash, and misc accessories. How does this fair?

Poorly. The D90 absolutely doesn't fit with the grip, and it barely fits with just the 24-75 (not a big lens in any measure, about the same size as a 18-135mm Nikon). That leaves little to no room in the lower compartment when you slide the strap in as well. Thus you have only a few other places for anything, such as lens wipes, batteries, and memory cards. No room for any other lens, and a flash barely fits by stretching things out a bit. that's just too small (or at least on the inside), and for the price better options exist (that aren't much bigger on the outside). This is the 2nd Case Logic bag I've tried, and both seem built exclusively for the 18-55mm kit lens crowd, which is cool if you're there (I was too), but $55 is a lot to pay for such a limiting bag.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 17, 2013
Tried it on a short trip. Put my Nikon D5100 and two lens in the bag. Two days later, the strap is broken. Returned.