4.0 out of 5 stars Decent case, great price.
I picked this up with a Freeagent GO drive when Amazon recently had both on sale. I have 3 Freeagent GO drives, and 3 different cases!

The first case is the one included with the dock - Nice and simple, but not very much protection. Very thin, but doesn't hold any cables. Should be included with the drive, not the dock.

The second case is the...
Published on February 9, 2010 by MiRSD

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work with the Seagate Expansion!!
Read the measurements for this carefully - because I didn't! This was suggested as "what people frequently buy" with the Seagate Expansion 750 GB USB 2.0 Portable External Hard Drive ST907504EXA101 I just bought. You can even one-click to buy them together. Only this case is too small for that hard drive.

So if other people have "frequently" bough this case...
Published on October 22, 2010 by Huckleberry

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work with the Seagate Expansion!!, October 22, 2010
This review is from: Case Logic VHS-101 Portable Hard Drive Case (Black) (Personal Computers)

So if other people have "frequently" bough this case with that particular drive, they all must have been as annoyed as me to have to drive to the post office to return this $7 item.

For those of you for whom this case will fit your drive....it is a pretty flimsy case. It will protect the drive from scratches to the externer surface, but offers no padding whatsoever.

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent case, great price., February 9, 2010

The second case is the Caselogic THS-101 Portable Hard Drive Case (Black Houndstooth) - a very nice case (stylish, protection, extra space to hold cables, and feels nice).

Finally, I purchased this case - the VHS-101.

The VHS-101 is very similar to the THS-101, except it has a plain black design (opposed to black-on-black houndstooth). The feel is quite "rough" compared to the soft feel of the THS. Aside from that, they seem to be the same in terms of protection/size. The included pocket is nice, without adding too much extra bulk. Someone mentioned in another review that this space is big enough to hold a 2nd Freeagent drive, and I considered that a selling point (being able to carry 2 drives in 1 case -- awesome!). Unfortunately, it's such a tight fit that I wouldn't trust it - it also doesn't protect the whole drive (the top is exposed about 1").

The VHS has a blue colored inside (the THS has a tan color). I actually found the blue to be very ugly - I don't understand why they didn't just use black? I do like that the VHS uses a metal zipper with a hole on the end (the hole is good if you need to "lock" the case closed with a lock). The THS has a fabric zipper without a hole.

Overall, the case is good in terms of protection/size. It's not stylish like the THS, but it's not super ugly (well, the outside at least!). I don't care for the feel of the case very much, but again it could be work. If you're looking for a portable hard drive case (portable meaning 2.5" USB drive), this is about the best case out there (and believe me, I've looked). With that said, the very similar (but much nicer) THS-101 case gets the top choice. Spend a couple bucks more, you'll probably be happy you did!

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Seagate FreeAgent Go, July 2, 2009
This is a pretty nice case, which fits perfectly a Seagate FreeAgent Go USB external drive, with a nice external pocket for the cable. This is a standard caselogic high quality product. Go for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Housing for All, October 7, 2009
This case is absolutely terrific. I bought this because I wanted something to provide my storage unit. When I got it I was pleasantly surprised to find that it can accommodate not one, but two hard drives. This suits me just fine. I recently bought a Seagate 640GB and a Toshiba 500GB. The interior of the case is blue so it matches with the Toshiba, the Seagate I place it on the outside. So it is quite appropriate.

Thanks Caselogic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Portable hard drive case, February 1, 2010
Well constructed. My WD My Passport drive fits perfectly. Has a pocket for the USB Cable. Good product.

3.0 out of 5 stars Its okay, but doesn't fit my Silicon Power A80, April 18, 2012
I recently purchased this to house the Silicon Power Rugged Armor A80 1 TB 2.5-Inch USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 Military Grade Portable External Hard Drive SP010TBPHDA80S3B (Blue) that I purchased in the same order. Unfortunately, it doesn't fit.

Silicon Power A80
Product Dimensions (L x W x H): 5.5 x 3.7 x 0.7 inches

Case Logic Case
Product Dimensions: 6 x 4.5 x 1.2 inches

The problem is in the length; .5 inches just isn't enough difference. Its almost enough but the zipper can't make it over the corner. As is, the hard drive can fit inside with the end left open. The width seems fine and the hard drive slides right in so if you buy the A80 I would suggest finding a similar sized case that's at least 6.5 inches in length. Finding one that's 6.3 might work, as that would give you the same .8 difference as the widths but the issue is getting the zipper over the corner so I would stick with one at 6.5 to be safe.

The case itself is decent but nothing spectacular. Its soft and doesn't offer much in protection but I knew this going in. The A80 is pretty tough so I just wanted something to encase it when not in use.

UPDATE: A quick look around Amazon and I found two cases with some promise. The first was HP Portable Hard Drive Carrying Case. It has a length of 6 inches and is verified by one of its reviewers to fit the Armor A80. The second case had a length of 6.2 inches but was said in one review to NOT fit the Armor A80, so be careful. These were the only cases I saw on Amazon at this time that had lengths of at least 6 inches. I might take a chance on the first case at some point, but for now I'll just leave the end of this case open.

5.0 out of 5 stars Attractive and functional, but check the measurements, December 15, 2009
This case is well constructed and looks slick. The pocket for the cable is a nice touch. However, be aware that it runs a little shorter than most other portable hard drive cases. The description says it fits a drive up to 5.2" long, which seems pretty accurate. My Seagate Expansion is 5.56", and I have to really squeeze it in to get it to fit. I have a lot of extra room on the sides, but none at all on top or bottom. Check your hard drive measurements to make sure this case will fit comfortably.

Two piddling complaints:
I don't personally like the yellow Case Logic tag when contrasted with the black case.
It would be great if there were two zippers instead of one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Seagate devices, April 1, 2011
It was perfect for my Seagate portable hard disk. It offers good shock protection.
The pocket is very suitable for keep the cable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Case, March 23, 2011
I have been using this for about 7 months to hold my Toshiba Canvio 750GB Portable hard drive. The two are a perfect fit and so far the case has had no defects or workmanship problems.

If you have a Canvio and want a soft case for it, go for it. It goes perfect with this case.

3.0 out of 5 stars A little more wiggle room please?, January 24, 2011
I bought a seagate portable drive and it was a perfectly tight fit. I'm assuming it may have been designed for the Western Digital model which is slightly smaller. It still fits but I wish they would have made it a few millimeters larger. Solid and good price though.

Case Logic VHS-101 Portable Hard Drive Case (Black)
$14.95 $7.05