Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Case Logic VNA214 14.1-Inch Laptop Attache (Black)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Capacity: 14.1 Inch|Color: Black|Change
Price:$13.90 - $100.36

VINE VOICEon March 22, 2010
Capacity: 16 Inch|Color: black|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )|Verified Purchase
Please note, there are 4 sizes (10, 10.2, 14, and 16 inches) of the same case type; I am writing a review of the 16-inch case.

This is a well-made but relatively inexpensive bag for a laptop PC. It is so light that I can barely feel its weight, but it still has sufficient padding to protect its contents against bumps during everyday use.

This is NOT the kind of case with zippers that can be pulled further to the left and right sides when you open the bag. In other words, the opening for you to put in and take out things is very small. Does this matter? Yes, if you have a laptop PC that measures diagonally 15.6 to 16 inches. The fit is snug, and because of the narrow opening, putting in and taking out a computer is not that smooth and easy. Although the zippers are plastic, there is a chance of them scraping against the computer's edges. I would not recommend this case if you have concerns about this aspect. If your computer is a netbook, which is about 10 inches diagonal, then this case will be fine.

There is an USB thumb drive pocket in the main compartment, where the computer is stored, but I feel it is not a good location, because it is likely to chafe against the laptop computer. There are two side pockets. I use the larger one to store AC adapter, cord, mouse pad, and mouse.

I deem this bag more suitable for carrying smaller laptops. It is not suitable for 15.6 to 16-inch laptops because of the tight fit.

Update (2-4-2011):

Case Logic has another 16-inch case that zipper opens three sides instead of just one. It is called Case Logic VNCi-116 Value 16-Inch Laptop Briefcase. It will easily fit any 16-inch notebook computer. Even my 17.3-inch HP DV7 can be accommodated in the case. You can read my review on its web page on Amazon.com.
2525 comments| 662 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 12, 2012
I purchased both the 10.2" and 16" bags in black to carry my Acer Netbook and my 17" Acer laptop. First of all, let me say I'm a fan of Caselogic bags for their protection factor, but my preference is really towards Wenger (Swiss Gear) backpacks, messenger-bags, and slip-cases for their "real-world-function", comfort, lifetime warranty, as well as superior protection... I purchased these Caselogic bags #1 for the price, #2 for the quality, #3 for the styling (Wenger had nothing to compare to these from Caselogic, even at 2x-3x the price).

Now, rather than list pros and cons for each bag, I'll list out their similarities and differences, pointing out what is good/bad/could-be-better...

Straps and Handles:
Both bags have heavy-duty, nylon webbing shoulder straps - the strap on the 16" bag is less "stiff" and more comfortable, the strap on the 10.2" bag seems "thicker".
The shoulder strap on the 10.2" bag is removable, which is nice, considering this bag will likely be placed inside another bag most of the time.
The shoulder strap on the 16" bag is NOT removable.
Both bag's shoulder straps are adjustable in length to suit your personal preferences.
Only the 16" bag has pad to alleviate pressure weight (but why would you really need a pad on the 10.2", seriously?).
Grab handles are padded and use very heavy, double-folded webbing (tube-webbing), and seem to be stitched deep into the bag (not stitched or riveted to the tops like a cheap bag).

Luggage piggy-back strap:
10.2" bag... does not have one :(
16" bag has a strap sewn onto the back of the bag, so you can slip the bag over the handle of your rolling luggage and secure it as "one piece"...

*Side-note on luggage strap* I never thought I'd appreciate those straps, but when I had to travel a lot for work, those "piggy-back-straps" are a welcomed addition when running from one side of the airport to the other or to keep all your carry-on's physically "tied together" when wasting time on a long lay-over. The piggy-back strap is also good for sliding over the sissy-bar of your motorcycle (run a bungee from the top to the bottom to add security, and your laptop will be secure and balanced on your bike)!

Outer Shell:
Both bags have water-resistant, heavy-nylon shells with contrasting color (grey) on the sides.
Both bags look very stylish, not "cheap".

Inner Shell / Lining:
Both bags have a pleasant, light blue lining in the main compartment, which is satin-soft, with no tags or labels to scratch devices.
Other pockets have a grey lining, a bit rougher nylon, but appears more durable to resist tearing/puncture from sharp or odd-shaped items.

Front Speed Pocket:
Front Speed Pockets have zippers that close by pulling UP, which is not a great design... pulling DOWN to close the pocket would make more sense and keep water from seeping into the pocket while carrying in poor weather.
Both bag's pocket has the bottom even with the bottom of the zipper, so things like loose change might fall out if you unzip all the way.
10.2" bag has 4" tall by 4.5" deep pocket, which barely holds my smartphone or wallet.
16" bag has 6" tall by 5.5" deep pocket, which is large enough to hold my smartphone, as well as many other "pocket-sized" items.

Front Power Pocket:
The 10.2" bag has a single USB "thumb-drive" pocket sewn into the lining, as well as two pen/pencil elastic bands, and one 3.5" tall by 4" wide pocket (perfect size for passport) - the rest of the pocket is roomy enough to hold your netbook/tablet charger, mouse (loose), or other items.
The 16" bag has three 3.5" tall pockets with the two pen/pencil straps located INSIDE one of the pockets... okay for pens/pencils under 5" tall, since length from bottom of pocket to top of bag is only 6". There is plenty of room in the Power Pocket for your charger, extra cables, mouse, etc. I have my 10.1" tablet in a Wenger neoprene sleeve which fits with room to spare, along with my laptop charger, Logitech mouse, spare cables, etc.

Main Pocket:
The 10.2" pocket is perfect for my Acer Netbook, yes, it is a bit tricky to get around the zipper opening as it is kinda tight, but if you open it all the way, it slides right in and zips up without issue.
The 16" has two flaws... one, the USB thumb-drive pocket is in the main compartment... not the best place for it since there is plenty of room in the Power Pocket for it (right next to the pen straps would have been a good place). Two, the zipper opens just barely enough to slide in my 16.5" laptop. If the laptop were any wider than 15.25" or thicker than 1.5", I don't think it would fit at all. By contrast, once the laptop is in the bag, it reaches half-way up the USB pocket (so if I had a thumb-drive in it, the laptop would have the thumb-drive applying pressure and could break the thumb-drive or crack the laptop casing).

So, there you have it... both bags are exceptional for their price, very lightweight, and very rugged for everyday use. My only complaints are the Speed Pockets should close by zipping downward (personal preference, I know) and could be deeper (at least be half as deep as the bag is wide), and the decision to put a USB Thumb-drive pocket inside the main compartment of the 16" bag was a very stupid idea (good thing there is room next to the pen straps to hold your thumb-drives). Neither bag has a pocket or pouch large enough to fit a mouse, unless you put it in the Speed Pocket, where it will create a lump, will not be protected by much padding, and defeats the real purpose of having a quick-access pocket for your wallet, cell-phone, keys, etc. Neither bag has key hooks, again, personal preference, but it makes it so easy to store and access your desk-key or other keys you don't normally carry with your house/car set.

If you want a messenger-style bag for our Tablet, Netbook, or Laptop, and don't want to spend a fortune... these will suit you well (and Amazon has them 1/2 the price of Wal-Mart or office supply stores). If you prefer a back-pack style, take a look at the Wenger (Swiss Gear) bags... sure they cost more, but they have superior, functional designs with lots of "specialized pockets" for "everything", and if you are carrying the bag for long distances, having it securely on your back is the only way to travel....
on April 15, 2011
I recently purchased an iPad2 and needed a quality carry case that would fit the iPad2 and my Kindle. The Caselogic VNA210 10.2-Inch Netbook/iPad Attache (Black) was the perfect choice! Not only was the price great, but the case easily holds my iPad2 (w/Smart Cover) and Kindle (in it's own case) together, with plenty of room. The accessories pocket has room for my USB drive, charge cables, and more. The outer pocket also fits my iPhone 3GS (barely, but it does). Quality is great, very sturdy, and well padded. It is small and easy to carry, exactly what I was looking for.
1010 comments| 115 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon March 24, 2010
Capacity: 14.1 Inch|Color: Black|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This laptop bag is very well padded inside that I almost wanted this bad for
my cameras. The design looks very simple, yet the interior pockets and
padding are very well made. Because of its cloth material, it feels little
bit cheap, but then again it is very light. There is also enough room for
two laptops, maybe one 13 inch Mac book Pro and a 10 inch Net book, with all
the power blocks in the front pocket. There is an additional small pocket
for a cell phone or other small accessories, and I liked this pocket a lot
because it is easy to reach, not to mention its location is convenient. I
could not find any cons about this bag, not only because it comes with a
shoulder strap, but also because it has a "25 Years Quality Guarantee"
stamp. I probably won't use this bag for 25 years, but it is good to know
that the company guarantees its product. Also, if one prefers to use this
bag for carrying light, thin books/notebooks for classes or conferences,
this bad works well for this purpose as well. For this bag's weight and
quality, the price is ideal.
22 comments| 161 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 29, 2011
While the case is very light and holds an Ipad in its own leather case, it's cheaply made. I've purchased CaseLogic cases before and always have been very pleased with them. I purchased this case as a Christmas gift and within one month of using it the zipper seam broke. This is from use maybe 2-3 days per week for light business. Amazon was great and we sent it back while we waited for the new one to arrive. It arrived and I inspected it thoroughly to make sure the stitching on the main zipper was better. It isn't. While one side of the zipper is well top-stitched, the other is stitched from inside and I can already see the thread, which means it will be nothing for this one to break apart, as well, at the seams. I wanted to send it back but my husband likes how light it is, and the pockets he can put other small things in when he takes his Ipad. He figures that for the price we'll just see how long this one lasts but when it breaks, I'll replace it with something with more quality stitching on it.
on July 9, 2011
Having read the reviews here, I decided this case would be a good fit for my ASUS 15.6" laptop. While this case handles the basic dimensions of my laptop, it does not meet my expectations for much-needed volume for everyday accessories. The foam-stuffed case in the photos is a bit misleading, because once you pack away your laptop and stuff the power supply and mouse into the accessory pocket, there isn't much room left (see my photo). I was also concerned that a hard bump against the power supply would damage the laptop case. While the foam padding is dense, let's be realistic: we're not always careful so we need extra padding that will protect against unforeseen abuse. I'm a big fan of minimalism, but where is the logic behind absolutely minimal gear pockets? Is this case meant to look petite? I haven't even discussed carrying an extra battery and the usual business paperwork. Yet I'll stay open-minded; this case would be perfect for someone who sits in cafés all day, tapping away their missives. As for myself, I bought a Targus Platinum notebook case. It's a tad over-engineered, but in the context of protecting your notebook, that's a good thing.
review image
on January 26, 2011
I bought this bag as well as the "Case Logic LNEO-10 Ultraportable Neoprene Notebook/iPad Sleeve" for my 10" Asus 1015PEM netbook, thinking that the latter would be much slimmer to stuff into a backpack. Of the two, I prefer this bag. It's really not much thicker or bulkier than the neoprene bag and has more/better storage compartments and a shoulder strap. It has thicker padding on the bottom and around the edges, for much better protection if the bag is dropped. The neoprene bag has hardly any padding and seems like it wouldn't absorb any significant shocks. I also prefer the nylon exterior, which doesn't attract dust/dirt as much as neoprene and should stay looking good longer. This bag fits my Asus 1015PEM perfectly, whereas the neoprene model has a little more space and can stretch to accomodate a slightly larger computer.

This bag should work well when I travel - in addition to my netbook, it'll carry my small point and shoot camera, a mini tripod, chargers and travel mouse, as well as my passport and plane ticket, which will go into the outside pocket. If you plan to always carry your netbook inside of a larger bag or backpack, a simple sleeve would work, but for a compact and versatile bag at a great price, this one is hard to beat.

I was a little disappointed that the bag did not include the luggage strap or shoulder pad (attached to the shoulder strap) in the photos. I think these features are only included with the larger versions of this bag, and not with the 10". Despite this, I feel that the bag deserves five stars. BTW, my local Fry's has these bags for around $7 more than Amazon. Considering 9.75% CA sales tax, I saved over 60% buying from Amazon (w/ free shipping).
on May 6, 2013
So I was looking for something that would hold most of my gadgets in one place with out costing me an arm and leg and found this for around $13 so I decided to give it a shot.
My gadgets:-

1) Asus TF700F Infinty Transformer with dock, charger and cable.
2) Anker 10,000 mAh external battery with sleeve.
3) Kindle 3G with leather cover and light (the bulky one) and USB cable.
4) Nintendo 3DS XL and charger.
5) PS Vita with sleeve and cable.
6) iPod classic 160GB and cable.
7) HDMI for the ASUS.
8) USB flash.

All fit in the case, but the outer pocket was kinda tricky so it is best to put stuff in there first. I only put the wires or cables there but it can hold a Galaxy S3 or an iPhone.
I got the 10.2" because it was cheaper than the 10". I supplied some pictures but forgot to put the 3DS charger at that time but I checked and it fits with rest of the stuff.
Worth mentioning that after fitting everything it will became a bit bulky and if I remove the kindle from the cover it would be less stretched and I doubt the need of all the cables I stuffed there.
I can't say i would go out walking with all the stuff but it fits my need for something strong and can hold all my stuff so I can store them in my carry on luggage case.
review image review image review image
on March 9, 2010
The Caselogic VNA-210 is a nice little attache-style case for netbooks or other small electronics. It is constructed from lightweight nylon and polyester (not neoprene foam), and features a large device compartment and two front pockets for accessories.

There is a decent amount of padding on the front and back of the main compartment for protection. The largest of the accessories pockets has internal pockets for a cellphone/mp3 player, usb flash drive, plus a couple of pen loops to keep it all organized. The vertical front pocket could only fit something small flat, as there is little-to-no gusset room here. A removable shoulder strap is also included.

The attache design means that the zipper to the main compartment only opens to just around the top corners. Although the VNA-210 states it fits netbooks '7 inches to 10.2 inches', it does not fit all 10.1" netbooks, so make sure you measure first. According to the tag, the main device compartment of the VNA-210 has internal dimensions of/will only accommodate a netbook up to 10.5 x 7.7 x 1.5" (26.6 x 19.5 x 3.9 cm).

Overall, the Caselogic VNA-210 seems a well-constructed, lightweight, sturdy little case that is very suited for small netbooks and/or other electronics on the go.
review image
55 comments| 60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 2, 2011
Read many reviews and this case seemed to be perfect based on quality/price for my ASUS Transformer. It was. Very happy I made the purchase.
Case is well made and fits both the Transformer and keyboard dock. There is also room for the cable, charger and wireless mouse.
Case is rather small and easy to carry around. Shoulder strap is invaluable, many of the other small cases I have seem to neglect this lately.
I would recommend to any tablet owner that takes it with them on the go.