Case Logic VNC-17 17-inch Value Slimline Laptop Case (Black)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Slimline 17 laptop case
- Adjustable internal compartment with moveable padded divider accommodates a variety of laptop sizes
- Speed Pocket- A quick access, secure place to put valuables
- Interior sleeve is perfect for files, documents, magazines and newspapers
- Organizer panel provides extra storage for files, discs and other computer accessories
There is a newer model of this item:
Top Customer Reviews
** Added later ** Another Amazon customer cautioned me about the need for laptops to have vents unobstructed so they won't overheat, so using your laptop in the case is not a good idea; I'd like to pass his warning along. In my use of the carrying case, I have found it is easier to just pull the laptop out anyway, especially with the power source and occasional thumb drives sticking out.
Lots of pockets for storage.
Holds my 17" wide screen laptop.
Cons: A little more padding on the bottom would be nice.
They should have added a dedicated cell phone pocket.
My laptop easily fits into the case. There is one strap that goes over the one end of the laptop. My husband felt that there should have been two straps, but I pointed out that there is a divider that can be adjusted in the case so that it fits snug against the other end of the laptop to ensure that the laptop doesn't slide around in the case. On the other side of the divider, I was able to easily fit the cords and charger.
There is a pocket on the lid inside the case where I put the mousepad, but you could easily store papers or other flat objects. On the outside of the case, there is a large zippered compartment on the front with places where you can store disks, 2 loops for storing pens, a pouch net where I stored the mouse, as well as another pocket for small papers or any other accessory you may have for your laptop. On the outside of this large zippered compartment, there is a smaller zippered pocket where you could store papers. On the back of the case, there is another pocket where you could store papers.Read more ›
1. Light weight
1. Poorly made:
- Within 24 hours of use, the zipper broke (the part that you pull on came off from the zipper track). I hammered the loose part onto the zipper myself to fix it (it was quicker than returning it).
- Strap broke within about 3 weeks of use. The strap is attached by plastic hooks with a relatively thin wire clip securing the strap hook onto the bag handles (SEE THE PICTURES). The wire bent, came out of its holes and no longer secures the strap hook in place, leading to me dropping my laptop a few times, whenever the strap hook unhinges itself.
- The zipper handle broke again, leading to me loosing the part after about 4 weeks of use.
2. I personally do not like the fact that the main laptop compartment opens up completely, 180 degrees rather than from the top only. This was especially aggravating when the zipper broke and everything inside could fall out.
Also, I sometimes have to struggle a bit with the zippers which open to the inside. The other zippers, on the front, pocket area operate more smoothly for some reason.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Very sturdy. Lots of room and compartments to store things. I've used it for a couple of years now. No complaints. I would buy another one.Published 3 months ago by Dale R. Frank
I have used it for over two years now. It has held up very good. It is starting to show wear, and I am thinking about a new carrying case, or I may wait till the seams start to... Read morePublished 6 months ago by FatherTime
Great. Use it all the time to carry my lap top computer.Published 8 months ago by Martha P. Wheeler
Bought July handle broke August can't return after 30 days looks like I was about 4 days out of returnPublished 9 months ago by Michael Gendron