4.0 out of 5 stars be sensible...
Published on March 4, 2011 by Deidre Cutter

1.0 out of 5 stars I would rather leave the screen naked then use this.
Published on April 6, 2010 by M. Ives

1.0 out of 5 stars I would rather leave the screen naked then use this., April 6, 2010
M. Ives (Wisconsin, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Case Premium Clear Full Screen Protector for the Nook, Anti-Glare and UV - Barnes (Electronics)
The packaging claims that this screen protector is anti-glare, bubble-free, and fits the BN nook. In my opinion, none of these are true. As far as anti-glare goes, I can see my reflection in it. That is nowhere near anti-glare. Bubble-free? Ha! This thing had bubbles all over the place that I could not get out. It says it comes with a stiff card to help smooth out the bubbles -- mine did not. So I tried the card that came with my iPhone screen protector. That didn't get out the bubbles either. Lastly, I tried for a good half-hour to try and get this film into the correct position. It's just a tiny bit off, but enough so that it just wouldn't position correctly on the nook's screen. After all was said and done, I just ripped the thing off and threw it in the trash.

I may try the 'branded' film from the BN store to see if that is any better, but I'm pretty happy with the naked screen as is.

1.0 out of 5 stars This is not MATTE finish, does not install properly!!!, February 23, 2010
Beware! The installation tabs will leave paper and glue on the film which can damage the plastic when you try to rub it off.
And IT IS NOT A MATTE FINISH! It is glossy! It makes the display difficult to read.

I have contacted the seller for a refund and I will post again when I get a response.

1.0 out of 5 stars What the?, March 24, 2010
C (Boulder, CO) - See all my reviews
This says that it should be a matte finish and reduce glare? I had to take it off because I had MORE glare on my Nook.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money, June 14, 2010
Gun Diva (Fort Collins, CO) - See all my reviews
I bought the screen protector for my nook thinking I'd be doing a good thing to help protect my brand-new eReader. After twenty minutes, I still couldn't get the protector on correctly and gave up. I decided it wasn't worth my time or energy any longer and pitched the whole set-up.

I'll be buying my next screen protectors directly from B&N and have the nook rep apply them.

4.0 out of 5 stars be sensible..., March 4, 2011
It is a very inexpensive product. Yes, it came in a little envelope with a picture of an iPhone on it. Yes, what instructions were there were in German. But really, the product itself was exactly as advertised. My screen looks the same as before, but now I'm not afraid to accidentally touch it. The touch screen panel is not super shiny anymore, and I like the slightly textured feel of it. The films were exactly the right size, and I didn't have any trouble peeling off the protective films before and after application. What I did struggle with was lining it up properly -- but that's me. I had the same trouble with the screen protector I got for my phone. As a result, I did get a tiny bit of lint under one corner for one of the screens. I have a few tiny bubbles near the edges. If I had made my husband do it it would probably be beautiful. It did come with a card to smooth and a little cleaning cloth, which I didn't like, I used a glasses wipe instead to clean my touch screen prior to application. Maybe I lucked out? But I'm more than happy with what I got, especially considering what I paid for it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Major problems, June 19, 2010
William Ludwig (North Arlington NJ USA) - See all my reviews
You will be disappointed with this product. Mine arrived yesterday and I have already thrown it out.
First off, I found the sheets relatively easy to install after figuring out the cryptic directions on the tabs. So far, so good. The fit is not exact, they seem to be a little too large. The biggest problem with installation is the seemingly impossible task of getting them on the surface without picking up some tiny grain of dust or other particle under the film. I cleaned the reading screen well before applying it, but could not get a perfect install. There was always a small bubble with a tiny speck underneath. Reapplying was a problem also; if your finger even brushes against the "sticky" surface, the resulting smudge will be impossible to remove.

I got this primarily to protect the touchscreen, however, since I hate the fingerprints left on a naked screen--but the same problem.

As mentioned in another review, the most glaring issue (pun intended) is the reflective surface on the reading screen. It completely defeats the purpose of the matte screen, making reading difficult. I found myself tilting the nook to reduce the reflected light. On the bright side, however, if you need an emergency shaving mirror, this is so reflective it will suffice.

In summary, this is a piece of garbage. Amazon should immediately refuse to sell such junk. (I gave it one star because I don't think you can give zero.)

1.0 out of 5 stars Garbage., August 1, 2010
I won't get all long-winded on this one: This is garbage. It WILL protect your Nook's screen, I'm sure, but it looks terrible, even when properly applied in a clean room. The problem is that it's shiny and reflective; Two things you do not want on an e-ink display. It really sucks to try to read a book and see your own face reflected back at you from the page. If this were at all acceptable, they'd print books on mylar or aluminum.

Seriously, don't bother with this or any other cheap knock-off. The only ones I'd recommend are the official protector from B&N (which is over-priced, considering there's only one in the package), or the M-Edge version, which is pricey but includes three sets in one package, and works every bit as well as the official version.

Pretty simple rule for screen protectors when it comes to e-ink: If it costs less than $10 then it's probably this cheap PET material with a glossy finish, and it's meant primarily for LCD screens; Not e-ink.

Don't be fooled by claims of "anti-glare", because "anti-glare" is NOT the same thing as matte coating.

Avoid. avoid. avoid.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected., March 14, 2010
Indy Jenn (Indianapolis, IN) - See all my reviews
I would not want to use my Nook without this product but I am not completely satisfied with it. It is impossible to get all of the air bubbles out so now I have to read over them. Also, the price was really high especially since you only get one set of the protectors. Live and learn.

1.0 out of 5 stars Believe The 1-Star Reviews: This Will Not Satisfy You, January 18, 2011
When I ordered this screen protector for my wife's Nook, I thought that saving a few bucks was my goal. Learn from the reviews of those who purchased this before you. I read every one, but still stupidly ordered one. The "Matte" finish should be removed from the description, IMMEDIATELY! Complained by email and Amazon helped to resolve the problem, financially, but the description still exists in error. Stop buying it, and maybe they'll correct it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nook Film Screen Protector, April 19, 2011
Once the film is on the Nook it does a great job protecting the touch screens. However, if you don't clear every speck of dust or dirt off the screen before you apply it there will be air pockets that are nearly impossible to get rid of unless you unpeel the film and try to pull the dust off. This generally is a very long unsuccessful process so if you purchase this product make sure there are no specks left over from cleaning the screens. Overall it's still very useful for protection but doesn't fully elminate glare.

Rate and Discover Movies