5.0 out of 5 stars Love this case
Published 23 months ago by S. Faulk

3.0 out of 5 stars Great if you are not planning to add accessories
Over all I liked the shell design, other than the material seems to attract or make it hard to remove dirt.
Pro:
You can fit exactly the items displayed in the inset's picture, so if you bought the Hero 3 Black surf edition and not looking to add chest or head straps this will work fine.
Like the foam and snug camera fit (except noted in the con).
Can...
Published 18 months ago by David R Blessing

3.0 out of 5 stars Great if you are not planning to add accessories, July 24, 2013
David R Blessing (ATTLEBORO, MA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: POV Case 3.0 Small GoPro-edition Black (for HD Hero 1,2 3,3+) (Electronics)
Pro:
Like the foam and snug camera fit (except noted in the con).
Can easily find what you are seeking (compared to searching a camera bag for a small part)

Con:
You can fit exactly the items displayed in the inset's picture so if you are like me, wanting everything in one place this will not work. You cannot add a head strap, a 2nd Skelton case (in place or the float), suction cup mount (too bulky for this case) extra batteries (more than one and recommended if using wifi which drains the batteries) and battery charger, other mounts, etc.

No handle or strap, so have to carry it like a book (hard to do while filming and walking) or take up space in a backpack.

Camera/case compartment is designed for small mounting shoe, so using other attachments means stripping everything down to store. Limited to what you can store and the sd card slot and the two long thin slots are a waste. It would be better to have another open storage area and two battery slots.

Pocket on top shell is almost useless due to clearance. Some items like the mounting shoes and cables prevented closing as it met with the camera housing.

Other than that feels like it would provide reasonable protection under normal use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this case, March 5, 2013
S. Faulk (Sacramento, CA United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
My wife gave me a Hero3 with an extra battery, the video back and a handful of mounts. I started looking for a storage solution that was compact, gave good protection and lightweight while able to fit camera and all the goodies. This seemed to be the best option for what I needed and after using it a few weeks I am very happy I made the purchase. If I was reviewing the price this would get knocked down a star or two because it is expensive but being the only good option for what I wanted I had to "pay to play". When you think about paying a little extra to protect your investment of a nice GoPro system that you take everywhere it is probably well worth the cost.
A good review should be based on the overall product including its performance and this case gets five stars for that. It has a nice dense pre-cut foam interior that fits the camera (in it's case), an extra battery, an extra SD card, the video back, a nice amount of accessories and a netted area on the top section to hold your cables and a few extra items. The construction is very good, zipper is solid and it has a soft rubber seal around the interior edge so when it's closed it will keep dust out. The exterior of the case is a durable material and has a good quality feel. If you skipped to the end of this review... I recommend this as a very solid purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item, March 15, 2013
I got this case so i can carry all of my electronics in my backpack as a carry on. I don't like my equipment knocking around in any old bag. I was able to fit all of my camera equipment in this. I own a go pro and two waterproof point and shoot cameras.

I was able to fit in the case:

all 3 cameras
all spare batteries (3 waterproof cam, 3 gopro)
GOpro remote
both camera wall chargers
grenade grip
Xshot monopod
Gopro grab bag equipment
head strap

Nothing floats around and everything fits nicely. But don't expect to put much at all in the mesh carrier at the top of the case. Most things you put in there will bump with stuff in the bottom which will make it hard to close. Also, you can only mount the gopro face up, so if anything is pushed against the front on/off button you will accidentally turn the camera on and off.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, but not Great, February 6, 2014
Jeffrey W. A. (South Eastern PA) - See all my reviews
I purchased this case to go along with my Go-Pro Hero 3+ Black edition camera.

The case itself has some structure to it and definitely seems to be sturdy enough to handle some abuse and provide additional protection for your investment while traveling. The foam slots are nice and cover most of the basic accessories, such as an extra memory card, an additional battery, A/V cables, manuals, etc. The large open slot is big enough to store the WiFi remote, mounting adapters, extra camera housing door and even a wall charger.

I do not consider the case great for several reasons. First, I would like to have seen more slots for extra batteries. For some reason they made the decision to have two slots for LCD BacPak's. Now I am sure some people find this useful, but I think most people would rather have room for more batteries since many of the people I know don't have a single BacPak, let alone two. For those that have the larger camera housing to fit the GoPro with BakPak installed I don't know that it would fit inside this case. That being said, you can use the BakPak slots to hold additional batteries, so all is not lost. The other thing I don't like about the case is the mesh pocket. It sits right over the camera case lens, which I believe will create scratches over time. I use an old microfiber cloth to lay over the camera before closing the case.

Am I happy with the case overall? Yes. Do I think there is room for improvement? Definitely. It would be nice to see a few different cases in the same size with layouts to meet a variety of needs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected, August 15, 2013
I can keep quite a bit inside this case, so that all I have to do is grab it and go. I keep the Hero3 BLack with a 64 GB card and viewer back attached (but no battery installed) inside the waterproof case, along with 4 batteries, the SD card adapter, an offset mount, a tripod mount, the wireless remote with wrist strap, a battery charger with the DC charge cord.

In the top pocket of the case, I keep my anti moisture pads, and filters in their envelope, a lens cover, both charge cords for camera and remote, the audio cable, an HDMI cable and a waterproof back for use without the rear viewer, along with a couple of lens rags.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome for your "to go" pack, March 30, 2013
I bought this based solely on the photos of it here on Amazon. What I can say is that it's very well made, soft textured yet rugged exterior with firm "shell like" feel to it. Inside you'll find good padding that more than adequately protected my camera and accessories on a trip that went from Lower48 (home) to Maui to Alaska. I had it in my backpack, stuffed that pack into overhead bins on planes and it came out fine. The only caveat is that you'll find as you accumulate more GoPro accessories, if you're like me, you also want something to store them ALL. This one is a bit small for that, and I find myself picking and choosing what I'll take. So I'd recommend that you get both this one and the larger one. Use the larger one for permanent storage at home or for those trips when you're going to need a lot of accessories, and use this one for when you are able to limit what you'll take. For example, for scuba, this would easily accomodate most things I'd need, save perhaps any special mounts.

Overall, I love it and will be taking my own advice and buying the bigger one as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, but pricy IMO, April 17, 2013
I had seen this product online, but only purchased after seeing in person and bought there on the spot.

In the end, I DID feel it was worth the money, however it is overpriced. As conflicting as that is, theres just nothing that I have found out there designed especially for the GoPro that has custom cutouts allready done.

I am able to fit into mine,
*GoPro Silver with case and mount
*GoPro Black with case and mount
*TWO Suction mounts (one with ext arm, one without)
*TWO Battery Backpacks
*Back Doors for Battery BackPacks
*Wifi Remote
*Spare MicroSD cards (stored inside of Full size SD adapters)
*USB Micro SD card reader
*Apple iPad camera adapter kit (for uploading direct to iPad)
*Charger Cables for Cameras, and WiFi remote

Everything else goes into a small tackle/parts box such as Extension arms, knobs, screws, 3m mounts etc.

All in all this is a slick case that stores all the bulky substantial items of my kit safely and securely. I could def fit some more small pieces in there but I prefer just to carry what is used the most.

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice case but no handle, April 4, 2013
I like the case. My two GoPro cameras fit nicely as well as bunch of accessories. The only thing missing is a handle.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great case, March 2, 2013
W. Rauch (Columbia, Il USA) - See all my reviews
I am very pleased with this case. The precut openings fit the camera and accessories perfect. I wish it had a little more room but overall great case. It may seem overpriced but NOT having to to make the cutouts is worth it.

3.0 out of 5 stars GoPro Small Storage Case, February 5, 2013
This is a very nice small case for my GoPro. The only reason I am not giving it 5 stars is that it is extremely overpriced for what it is.