Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Case Star Turquoise Blue rubberized Case / Cover SET for New 11.6-inch A1370 Apple MacBook Air with Case Star Velvet Bag
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on September 11, 2012
I purchased the Case Star and received it today. I love the texture of the surface, it feels velvety and the grip is amazing. I purchased the Ipearl recently and returned it because it felt slippery and I didn't want to drop my MacAir. Of course, I can only speak for myself regarding the Ipearl. The Case Star feels really great with a good grip and snaps on with a hold. Unfortunately it is currently unavailable, but they should restock because it should be a seller and it is very inexpensive. My MacAir still feels like a MacAir because the case fits like a glove.

Amazon packaging of orders are always top notch and arrives in great time. Keep up the great work and great prices AMAZON!!
on June 28, 2012
It fits perfect and I just love the color. I really wanted something a little extra because, even though I got the air for its thinness because I'm a student, I was a little scared it was too thin. This bulks it up just enough so I don't feel like the air will break, but it's not a bulky color. Best accessory for my new air so far.
on October 29, 2015
I bought this for my girlfriend after hers got destroyed when she dropped it.
It has a nice grip and feels nice. Its also thin as advertised which is great because it keeps the macbook air thin like its supposed to be.
Only reason I gave it 4 stars is because the clamp that attaches to the laptop on the left side broke when she took it off once.
on February 7, 2013
This keyboard protector was in fact slim, clear, and would have been convenient protection for my new MacBook Air 11".

BUT it did not fit on the keyboard.

I'll update if I find another that does fit better.
on April 16, 2013
I like this case. It's a bit difficult to get on and if you don't slide it perfectly, it's hard to get off again ... I was afraid I'd break it when I had to try a second time. But it fits nicely and hopefully will keep the unit from being scratched.

One thing I want to mention, though ... I misunderstood when I read that it was "rubber," I thought it had more cushion to it than it does and when I removed it from the wrapper, I was disappointed, thinking I'd been bamboozled. But it is what it is and what it is, is nice.

But if you're looking for something that would protect the Mac from damage if dropped, etc., this plastic cover probably would NOT do that. You may want to add something else to it or carry the computer in a secure case.

The cell phone case? I had no idea what that "velvet" pouch was, now I do!

For the price and that this plastic "shell" case fits the Mac very well, it's a good choice.
on May 28, 2015
i bought this when my non vented bottom crystal clear... very expensive OTHER case cracked (and I should mention- the other also seemed like it was causing some issues due to not having vents- always felt SUPER HOT... I will just say- the OTHER rhymes with "heck") I liked the other but the price is ridiculous considering it is prob manufactured for pennies. This one def works well and looks exactly the same more or less. I have no complaints at all.... If anything goes wrong I will update. But so far am happy
on March 25, 2014
Since the item didn't fit we'll I returned it for a refund.

Amazon was easy to deal with but charged me a restocking fee for an item that didn't actually work so that didn't make me very happy.
on July 24, 2012
I bought this case for my new Macbook Air (2011 model)

I wanted something to protect it from scratches. This case does the job. It is a nice color and texture as well.
It is a little difficult to snap off, but I was able to get it off without risking breaking the case or scratching the laptop.

UPDATE: I just dropped my Macbook air on the pavement in my driveway, it bounced twice before landing upside down. Not a scratch on it thanks to this case.

Definitely recommended.
on November 27, 2013
Very tight fit both top and bottom pieces. The top (screen) piece snapped on a little easier. The bottom (key board side) took quite a bit of prodding. Tip: start to install each piece from the hinge edge of the computer. Make sure all the tiny, short hold down tabs lock on to the open surface as you continue to snap each piece on. The draw back I am finding, after being installed for three months, is the corners are cracking and chipping away. This is happening by itself without ever dropping or leaving it in the sun or traveling. I am the only user and am VERY careful in my handling of the computer. I don't know how long this will go on. Probably only the corners over a years time. I suspect this is because the corners are the most stressed and weakest points in any type of enclosure. That is why you beef up corners. This is likely a thermo molded polystyrene type of case without reinforced corners due to sleek minimal requirements and cost containment. So, for the price and fit and feel (nice fine textured grip) it is fine. If it deteriorates to much to fast, I'll just get another (it's cheap) or I can pay a lot more to get a better one. End of story.
on February 13, 2013
I REALLY hate leaving really low ratings, and do it sparingly, but if the product is not even close to what it should be, well...

Never unwrapped the top or removed the little pouch (pointless) it comes with as the bottom proved unusable for me. after securing it in place I discovered that the overlap at the back prevented the screen from being opened beyond 90 degrees. Well, there you go, if I can't use my $1400 laptop. I'm returning the $15 case. Luckily, Amazon has an amazing return policy for it's loyal users.

Pros: ummm, it's inexpensive....

Cons:

* Did not work in the slightest for me. others seem to have good luck so QC might be the culprit.
* Cheaper in quality around the finner cuts than the likes of Speck, etc.
* Can't open the screen all the way
* Note: regardless of the above mentioned opening issue, all buyers should know that it clips on the side, but also on the palm rests. So, even if it works, it might get irritating while typing. Again, it's a possibility. Some cases have a full lock around the front or just on sides and back. Just a note on this.

I'd encourage you to look elsewhere, but try it if you want. The iPearls might be good. For me, I think I'm going with the Moshi iGlaze. Way more expensive, but I've never seen a bad review on one.

Good luck guys!