Top positive review
45 people found this helpful
Outstanding case at an excellent Price!
on September 28, 2011
I bought one of these for my Macbook Air 2011 and I can say the following:
1. Visually its impressive. The Faux Leather looks and feels like the real deal. I was worried about putting any case on my Air as I didn't want to detract away from it's appearance. No worries on this point. The case actually makes my Air stand out from the rest.
2. Quality - Although I haven't had the case for more than a week, I expect it to last for quite a while (and if it doesn't, another 18 bucks buys a new one).
3. Protection - I'm sure there are other cases that can protect your air better than this one, specifically the clamshell type cases that snap around it to cover it completely. That being said, this case will protect the top and bottom extremely well. When the case is closed, only the left and right sides are exposed (the benefit here is that all the ports are open even when the case is closed). This is not an Otter Box, so if your expecting to be able to drop your macbook air from 10 feet, this case may not be for you. I can tell you though that having this case on here gives me a large degree of comfort knowing that the surfaces of my laptop are protected from scratches and nicks...
4. Wrist Rest - When I purchased this case, I didn't realize it had this feature. The wrist rest is built into the case (the bottom part of the Mac Air slides into it). It has a cutout to expose the trackpad (which is fully functional) and is made of thin faux leather. I think it's not there for comfort, but rather to protect the Mac Air where your wrists rest. I know I've had several laptops that lose their luster there from repeated use and I was happy that this case will help keep my Air looking good for years to come.
5. Stand - Built into the bottom of the case towards the back there is a pop-out stand. I assume this is to prop up the laptop when using it on a desk to help keep your hands in a "ergonomic" position. I very rarely use my Air at a desk (writing this review from my couch), but I tried it out and it was able to hold the laptop up even while typing a long email. Again, I wasn't expecting this, so I view it as sort of a bonus like the wrist rest.
6. Price - I mean come on...it's 18 bucks and free shipping (if your a Prime subscriber). I was seriously considering buying the $79 Book Book case before I saw this one and decided that for the price I'd give it a shot. I'm SO glad I did.
This is my first review of anything I've ever purchased on Amazon (been buying here for 5 years or so) so that ought to tell you something. Oh...and I bought a second one for my wife's 2010 Macbook Air as well.