Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Size: 15-Inch|Color: Black|Change

on July 29, 2010
I bought this because I wanted a protective, stretchy, neoprene sleeve for my 15" MacBook Pro, but I also wanted a case that could hold my charger, flashdrives, and other accessories. This seemed like the PERFECT combination of the two, so I gave it a shot and ordered it. I got it quickly, and it hasn't let me down yet.

It's got a very soft, protecting lining in the interior so it won't scratch your computer. I carry around my laptop with a cooling pad shoved in on top of the laptop (there was a little extra room as this can fit 16" screens too) and the case stretches to conform to it. The outside zipper pocket is extremely helpful, I'm so glad I found this case, and It is very stretchy as well. It will conform to any shape of accessories you put in it without permanently stretching it out, it will always return to its original shape and size. My minimum that I have in the outside pocket is my laptop charger, it's extension cord, my wireless mouse, and a flashdrive that fits very handily in the stretchy flashdrive pocket sewn into the inside. I have fit more into the pocket tho, but that is the minimum that is always with me in the case.

It is also very slim-line, and fits wonderfully in my messenger bag and backpack without taking up any unnecessary room like some cases.

I bought it because I wanted a slim sleeve without giving up convenience to carry my accessories and it delivers very well for what it's supposed to do. The only possible way this could get better would be to come in different colors. =] I definitely recommend it.
review image
44 comments|108 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 9, 2013
I bought this case after recently purchasing a new Macbook Pro w/ Retina Display.

This case is good but you can tell it was obviously ment for the Macbook Pro w/o Retina Display.

I put my computer in and it had a LOT of wiggle room.

Overall, its a good product just be sure you know its a little big width-wise, and length-wise for the Macbook Pro w/ Retina Display
on August 11, 2010
A year ago my boyfriend got the Caselogic PAS-13 neoprene sleeve for his 13" Macbook Pro and it was awesome. The fit was perfect, it didn't scratch the laptop's corners, the bag was well-constructed and high quality, and the price was right. So when I finally upgraded my old Dell to a brand new 13" Macbook Pro, I went for the same case. The only problem: Caselogic stopped making the PAS-13 and has replaced it with this case, the PAS-213. Same difference, right? Wrong. I was seriously disappointed with this case. First, the case does not fit the 13" Macbook Pro well at all--it is too big, and the dimensions are wrong for this laptop. The case is a very loose fit on my 13" Macbook Pro, despite claiming to be made for it (believe me, it is not). Second, perhaps because the fit is not good, the zipper on the case is scratching the corners of my new Macbook Pro. Third, the construction is not as high quality; some of the stitches are already coming out after only a couple months of use.

Sadly, Caselogic has replaced what used to be a wonderful product (the PAS-13) which was well-made and fit the 13" Macbook Pro like a glove with the PAS-213, which is a far inferior product. Don't say I didn't warn you!
44 comments|197 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 27, 2012
I bought this sleeve for my Macbook Air 13" (2012 model) in conjunction with a iPearl mCover (plastic shell) and it fits well. I wanted double protection for my new laptop. Good quality and its got a side pocket where my USB thumb drive and AC cable fit.
on August 19, 2010
This fits my Macbook Pro great. Some seem to complain that the zipper will scratch the computer but I don't have that problem. Maybe that could be the case with older models, but this sleeve fits my Spring 2010 13" Macbook Pro perfect. About 1/4" extra space between the computer and the zipper. The small pocket on the front is great for a small portable hard drive or power cord.
on October 4, 2010
It looks nice, it fits my Macbook Pro 15" very nicely, and I'm a fan of the extra pocket to hold my flash drive, external hard drive, and cord. And the price is way better than anywhere else!

Updated 1/2011: I've had this case for a while now, and I've traveled with it a few times. It is still in perfect condition. It's durable and very convenient.
on July 30, 2011
I use a Speck hard shell on my Macbook Pro 15" and it made the fit a bit tight. The zipper broke off after only 20 uses or so, so I wouldn't recommend this case if you use a shell. Not necessarily the product's fault, but I felt it broke pretty easily. I'll return it and try something else.
on January 7, 2014
I had the 13 inch one previously, I used it for my Asus laptop and I had it for 4 years with no problems and no issues. However, when I bought the Lenovo Yoga Pro 2, 13.3 inch laptop, the laptop didn't fit inside the case. That extra 1/3rd inch made it too tight. So, I took a chance and bought the Macbook version and it fits.

I like the USB drive holder inside the accessory pocket. I like the external accessory pocket so my cords don't scratch up my laptop. It also gives room to put my mouse in the pocket and/or an external drive. Since it stretches, it also shrinks and lies flat if I don't need the extra room and accessories.

Based on the four years I got out of the other one, I expect this one to be equally hard wearing. Only issue, darn it the zippers are black and not purple. Oh well.
on March 18, 2011
I purchased this case for my 17" Macbook Pro (newest model release as of March 17th, 2011). Depending on your preference as to how snug you want your case to fit, I would say that it is a good fit. Not as snug as the Incase, but my MB is not really wiggling around in the case. The padded inseam does a good job of protecting the edges of my MB and the inside is lined with a microfiber material (I think--either way, it is not neoprene and slides nicely). The outside pocket is definitely useful, including the room enough for my charger, external mouse, and a handy little pocket for a thumb-drive. Considering it is less than half of the cost of the Incase (the new "deluxe" case with the pocket), it is well worth the money to protect something you spend so much money on.
on July 4, 2015
I purchased the 13-inch case for my Early 2015 Macbook Pro with Retina Display just recently. On the whole, the case has some really useful features and gets the job done. There is one small catch, though. A lot of reviews are saying that this case is very big for the Macbook with retina display, and this is definitely true. The Macbook is not a very tight fit and may move around a little bit. To me, having a such a tight fit isn't too big of a deal, but for others it is definitely a consideration.

The main features which turned me on to this specific case are the neoprene skeleton and the convenient pocket on the outside of the case. These are also reasons I decided not to go with the cheaper, but simpler Case Logic LAPS-113. (My brother owns that case and he recommended it to me).

With the neoprene framework the case is spongy but able to maintain its figure. However, if you keep it bent for long enough it will start to conform to an awkward shape. The pocket is very convenient and is perfect for things like your charger, in case you're going out but will be near an outlet. It also has a spot to hold a thumb drive; I just keep mine in there now when I'm not using it, even if my laptop is out of the case. If you push it, the pocket can also fit a few more items. In my situation, this would likely be a charger, my thumb drive, and wireless mouse. However, once you cram that much stuff in there, you're going to wind up with a giant bulge on the outside. If you plan on putting this in a backpack (like me) or someplace where you need it to be flat, you might want to limit what you fit in there.

As I said before, the fit for the Macbook with retina is fairly loose. I measured the laptop itself, and in total it's barely over 12 inches in length. Trying to fit a computer that size into a case that's designed for computers 13.3'' long is going to carry some risks. In general though, there *is* enough friction between the laptop and the case that it isn't constantly slipping and sliding within it. Again, if it's in a backpack and on it's side it won't be very prone to much movement. In the case that there is a lot of movement, there is a really nice buffer foam around the edges to prevent your laptop from scraping against the zipper. As you can see in the picture, this particular laptop is dominated in size by the case. I kinda like the size ratio a bit though; it makes a great pad to place my laptop while I'm charging it.

In addition to all this, the PAS-213 is covered by a 25 year warranty and Case Logic is a pretty well-known brand. If anything breaks, there's a good chance it's covered.

Altogether, the case gets the job done and makes for a very satisfying experience. If anything, a smaller version of the case would be a great option for those with slightly smaller laptops. All in all though, a good product for those who want to protect their laptops on the go, and maybe carry a little bit more.

I will update this space if anything unusual happens or breaks with the case.
review image review image review image