5.0 out of 5 stars Classic 80's, excellent value
Thin, comfortable watch. It has a "geek sheik retro" thing happening.

I bought it as an extra watch for wearing to the gym only. But have found myself wearing it nearly all the time.

Don't let the low price make you think this is a flimsy watch; it's not. This is a quality watch.

I personally like the loud 80's-like "beep" it gives when...
Published on May 6, 2005 by John Ballard

3.0 out of 5 stars Casio A158W review
Pros: classic watch, has light, inexpensive, band is easy to adjust
Cons: band is not steel, does not display month, not water proof
Published on December 31, 2008 by T. Johnson

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic 80's, excellent value, May 6, 2005
Thin, comfortable watch. It has a "geek sheik retro" thing happening.

I personally like the loud 80's-like "beep" it gives when you press the buttons. It gives a similiar loud "beep-beep" on-the-hour if you set it to do that.

WatchZone was the seller, through Amazon.com, and for whatever reason they FedEx 2-day'd the watch to me for no extra charge. Your mileage may vary, but I was impressed.

5.0 out of 5 stars how to adust the buckle on the Casio A158W-1, November 7, 2012
H. Stevens (Queens, New York) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Casio Men's A158W-1 Classic Digital Stainless Steel Bracelet Watch (Watch)
Length:: 1:02 Mins

I wanted to adjust the buckle on this watch so I could put it on my motorbike. I couldn't find any instructions, so I gave Casio a call and they emailed me some instructions. So I made a video to show how simple it is. After I have given the watch a try I'll write a review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Watch For the Money, March 9, 2006
Nice Watch For the Money. Only had this watch for a short time but have owned a similar casio watch before and was looking for something to replace it. I like it because it is thin and not bulky like so many watches are. Looks and feels good. One draw back is that local wal-mart will not replace battery on casio watches because of the rubber seal. No big deal. You can have a jewelry store replace it, send it in to casio for replacement or just toss it and buy a new one for the money. Battery on my old one lasted for several years. If you are looking for a nice affordable digital watch this may be the one for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Battery lasted 11 years!, September 13, 2005
It is a great watch. I bought my first A158WA1 in 1994 and its battery just died after 11 years! I just ordered a new one. Please note that its case is not stainless steel.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Old Man's Watch, January 4, 2007
J. Leon "J." (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
I'm only 18 years-old and remember my dad wearing this watch as a little boy. I grew up, went to college and bought this watch right here on Amazon.

On whole this watch is very simple to use. Most people overlook that fact that it's a Casio, which in my case is a plus. I run with the watch everyday for 2-5 miles, at work for 6 hours a day, and the watch has never failed me.

I love the styling and if you have $20 to spare buy this watch!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Watch !, September 29, 2005
I have only had the watch for a little over two weeks but I really like it. The stainless steele band and chrome case makes it look like a higher dollar watch than most other digitals with plastic bands. Good price for a watch with alot of nice options!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Casio A158WA1, November 6, 2004
Retro 80's Casio digital LCD watch is great value for a style of watch that is largly gone from digital range. The watch features a metal strap, stainless back plate, chromed resin case (which is really the only cheaper part), Stop Watch, 12/24hr, Alarm, Chime and a Night Light.

Probably the best aspect of the watch (besides price) is its compactness and clean design, unlike a lot of currant designs that are heavy and bulky, which easily get caught and damaged.

The Casio is also water resistant and suitable for all situations where its classic looks won't give its price away

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Value for Your Money, July 19, 2008
I had owned a Casio watch very similar to this one, Model B612W. The first battery lasted over seven years, and I stopped using it when the second battery died, because the chrome on the plastic case had totally peeled off, after more than twelve years of use and abuse in harsh chemical environments (I work with corrosive products, and this is the only watch that has lasted this much).
The wristband on this new watch is a little flimsier than the previous one, but what can you expect for $15.00?
The only thing I will complain about is that the product is listed as having stainless steel case, but it is the same chromed plastic as my previous (and beloved) old Casio. Hope it lasts as many years...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch for the Price - You get what you paid for., February 16, 2009
This is a great, nicely designed watch. It's got a metal band and it's pretty comfortable to wear once you get it fitted to your wrist right and you are used to the fold over clasp.

It definitely tells time and it does it's job well. If you're looking for a simple elegant watch, this is for you. Sure it's not packing in a lot of features like atomic synchronization or solar battery powered, but for about $15-$20, you really can't go wrong with this watch.

PRO:
7 year battery life
nice design with the metal band

Only thing wrong I could see is wish there was a count down timer and perhaps make the watch water resistant to a deeper level than it already is.

3.0 out of 5 stars Casio A158W review, December 31, 2008