5.0 out of 5 stars Classic 80's, excellent value
Thin, comfortable watch. It has a "geek sheik retro" thing happening.

I bought it as an extra watch for wearing to the gym only. But have found myself wearing it nearly all the time.

Don't let the low price make you think this is a flimsy watch; it's not. This is a quality watch.

I personally like the loud 80's-like "beep" it gives when...
Published on May 6, 2005 by John Ballard

3.0 out of 5 stars Casio A158W review
Pros: classic watch, has light, inexpensive, band is easy to adjust
Cons: band is not steel, does not display month, not water proof
Published on December 31, 2008 by T. Johnson

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic 80's, excellent value, May 6, 2005
Thin, comfortable watch. It has a "geek sheik retro" thing happening.

I personally like the loud 80's-like "beep" it gives when you press the buttons. It gives a similiar loud "beep-beep" on-the-hour if you set it to do that.

WatchZone was the seller, through Amazon.com, and for whatever reason they FedEx 2-day'd the watch to me for no extra charge. Your mileage may vary, but I was impressed.

5.0 out of 5 stars how to adust the buckle on the Casio A158W-1, November 7, 2012
H. Stevens (Queens, New York) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Casio Men's A158W-1 Classic Digital Stainless Steel Bracelet Watch (Watch)
Length:: 1:02 Mins

I wanted to adjust the buckle on this watch so I could put it on my motorbike. I couldn't find any instructions, so I gave Casio a call and they emailed me some instructions. So I made a video to show how simple it is. After I have given the watch a try I'll write a review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Watch For the Money, March 9, 2006
Nice Watch For the Money. Only had this watch for a short time but have owned a similar casio watch before and was looking for something to replace it. I like it because it is thin and not bulky like so many watches are. Looks and feels good. One draw back is that local wal-mart will not replace battery on casio watches because of the rubber seal. No big deal. You can have a jewelry store replace it, send it in to casio for replacement or just toss it and buy a new one for the money. Battery on my old one lasted for several years. If you are looking for a nice affordable digital watch this may be the one for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Battery lasted 11 years!, September 13, 2005
It is a great watch. I bought my first A158WA1 in 1994 and its battery just died after 11 years! I just ordered a new one. Please note that its case is not stainless steel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this watch!, October 11, 2009
Great looking watch, keeps good time, but the best part is the band! It is adjustable without tools to fit any size wrist. Mine is very small, and many bands do not have enough removable links to fit me. This band is adjustable without removing links, and it fits and looks great. Having a small wrist means I need a small watch, and this one is. Best watch I ever owned. The only thing it lacks is atomic accuracy, but I can live without that considering everything else, and the minimal cost.

Update: still running great after almost 4 years, and I still love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Old Man's Watch, January 4, 2007
J. Leon "J." (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
I'm only 18 years-old and remember my dad wearing this watch as a little boy. I grew up, went to college and bought this watch right here on Amazon.

On whole this watch is very simple to use. Most people overlook that fact that it's a Casio, which in my case is a plus. I run with the watch everyday for 2-5 miles, at work for 6 hours a day, and the watch has never failed me.

I love the styling and if you have $20 to spare buy this watch!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Watch !, September 29, 2005
I have only had the watch for a little over two weeks but I really like it. The stainless steele band and chrome case makes it look like a higher dollar watch than most other digitals with plastic bands. Good price for a watch with alot of nice options!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Casio A158WA1, November 6, 2004
Retro 80's Casio digital LCD watch is great value for a style of watch that is largly gone from digital range. The watch features a metal strap, stainless back plate, chromed resin case (which is really the only cheaper part), Stop Watch, 12/24hr, Alarm, Chime and a Night Light.

Probably the best aspect of the watch (besides price) is its compactness and clean design, unlike a lot of currant designs that are heavy and bulky, which easily get caught and damaged.

The Casio is also water resistant and suitable for all situations where its classic looks won't give its price away

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the watch, October 16, 2010
S. Anderson (Baja California) - See all my reviews
Glad i decided to go to amazon for a watch. Was easy to see all options, and the Big Box stores don't always stock the cheap models.
The reviews were helpful, and also a relief, since I thought I was the only one
who like the cheap casios. I've had a cheap black casio digital on my wrist for 35 years.
Put them on and never take them off , unless I need to get into a tight spot working on the car. Swimming, windsurfing, carpentry, showers, these watches hold up. Wear it and forget it. Have gotten a few snickers over the years, but my motto is function over form. And who wants to worry about an expensive watch?
Of course the plastic band would only lasts a year. I would replace the band with a leather band. I have worn through a few leather bands.
So now when I look for the time and see a chrome watch it is wierd. But looks great, and only a few bucks more than a black watch with a band that will break.
This watch is the same as an old black f-91w ,I just found in a drawer, with a broken leather strap. That watch must be 10 years old and the time is only off by 2 minutes.
The watch arrived in 3 days- watch colony.
The metal band looks like it will hold up better than even leather? Time will tell.

4.0 out of 5 stars VERY PRACTICAL AND INEXPENSIVE: OLD SCHOOL, October 5, 2007
THIS WATCH IS PRACTICAL: I love the fact that watch is not bulky. It has the basic alarm, data, very good light and a chrono. It can take a lot of bad handling. It is an old school watch that is SIMPLY PRACTICAL. It is 100% not for going to a big party.