Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Casio Men's A158W-1 Stainless Steel Digital Watch
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Size: Inquiries - by email|Change

on November 7, 2012
I wanted to adjust the buckle on this watch so I could put it on my motorbike. I couldn't find any instructions, so I gave Casio a call and they emailed me some instructions. So I made a video to show how simple it is. After I have given the watch a try I'll write a review.
77 comments| 152 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 6, 2005
Thin, comfortable watch. It has a "geek sheik retro" thing happening.

I bought it as an extra watch for wearing to the gym only. But have found myself wearing it nearly all the time.

Don't let the low price make you think this is a flimsy watch; it's not. This is a quality watch.

I personally like the loud 80's-like "beep" it gives when you press the buttons. It gives a similiar loud "beep-beep" on-the-hour if you set it to do that.

WatchZone was the seller, through Amazon.com, and for whatever reason they FedEx 2-day'd the watch to me for no extra charge. Your mileage may vary, but I was impressed.
66 comments| 85 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 14, 2015
I bought this model for my girlfriend and she loves it. I bought myself an A168W-1 which has a slightly bigger face. I would definitely recommend this. Any questions? Feel free to ask
review image
22 comments| 55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 3, 2015
I am loving this watch!!! Not only for it's retro design, because let's face it, it looks like something you got out of an arcade claw game (which is awesome). I also love it for it's light weight and comfortable band. You can readjust the length of the band yourself and the clasp stays on tight without popping off (which is a problem I've had with other watches). I'll admit, when I first unboxed it I thought, wow this is small, but after wearing it for an hour I really started liking the size. That's not to say it's a small watch, but in today's world of gigantic watch faces, it's definitely on the smaller end.

Long story short, it's a great watch, if what you're looking for is simple, cool retro look, and BEEPS that immediately take me back to the old school days of when I was a kid. I mean, nothing beeps like that anymore.
review image review image review image
on November 11, 2015
The ghost of John Candy came to me in a dream and suggested this watch.
on September 13, 2005
It is a great watch. I bought my first A158WA1 in 1994 and its battery just died after 11 years! I just ordered a new one. Please note that its case is not stainless steel.
on March 9, 2006
Nice Watch For the Money. Only had this watch for a short time but have owned a similar casio watch before and was looking for something to replace it. I like it because it is thin and not bulky like so many watches are. Looks and feels good. One draw back is that local wal-mart will not replace battery on casio watches because of the rubber seal. No big deal. You can have a jewelry store replace it, send it in to casio for replacement or just toss it and buy a new one for the money. Battery on my old one lasted for several years. If you are looking for a nice affordable digital watch this may be the one for you.
on January 4, 2007
I'm only 18 years-old and remember my dad wearing this watch as a little boy. I grew up, went to college and bought this watch right here on Amazon.

On whole this watch is very simple to use. Most people overlook that fact that it's a Casio, which in my case is a plus. I run with the watch everyday for 2-5 miles, at work for 6 hours a day, and the watch has never failed me.

I love the styling and if you have $20 to spare buy this watch!
33 comments| 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 11, 2009
Great looking watch, keeps good time, but the best part is the band! It is adjustable without tools to fit any size wrist. Mine is very small, and many bands do not have enough removable links to fit me. This band is adjustable without removing links, and it fits and looks great. Having a small wrist means I need a small watch, and this one is. Best watch I ever owned. The only thing it lacks is atomic accuracy, but I can live without that considering everything else, and the minimal cost.

Update: still running great after almost 4 years, and I still love it.
on November 8, 2015
The watch was delivered and arrived as expected. I've had the watch for a week now, and the quality is what you would expect from Casio....great! I own several watches ranging from $10 Casios to a Rolex, and it's hard to beat the quality at this price. I bought this particular Casio to wear with dress shirts/suits because of the small size will fit under my cuffs easily. I find myself wearing this more often than some of the more expensive watches because it is very comfortable and easy to read. If you're looking for an "oversized" look, it's probably not the watch for you, but after you get used to the smaller size it's awesome. If you're thinking about purchasing this watch, I'd definitely recommend it.