Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on February 9, 2008
The watch itself is as expected, the original CASIO product, no complains. However, I found the handsome wristband that comes with this watch when bought directly from CASIO (also as seen on the picture) is missing, and has been replaced with a much cheaper dull band. I've seen this watch bought directly from CASIO before, and now I think I understand why the same one on Amazon sells for less. Said that though, I still believe this is not being honest with the customer.
on February 7, 2007
I rated this watch as a 4 because the band is flimsy. I also rated it as a 4 because I had the same model watch before, and after a year or two the chrome plating started to peel off. But it's cheap enough to warrant buying a new one when that happens. I replace the band for a sturdier one when I do.

I like the watch because it is not expensive and I can wear it no matter what I do and even do yard work with it. It works well, and is easy to set, operate the alarm, use the stopwatch function, and light up to show the dial in the dark. I use it as an alarm clock at home and when I travel. And if I damage it, it's cheap enough to buy another--just so long as I replace the band.
VINE VOICEon October 7, 2006
Casio has done a nice job revisiting the classic digital watch of the early 1980s. On the good side, the watch has a clearly legible LCD display and is quite inexpensive. The metal strap works well and is easily adjustable. The backlight on this particular model is wonderful, with the overall blue glow that far outshines the lower level model's tiny white pinlight. But...the downside: there are three buttons rather than the standard four. As a result the "light" button serves a dual purpose in various modes; this means that when you reset the chronometer, for example, the light blinks. The watch beeps when you change modes; there is no way of turning that off, meaning that you'll annoy others when you want to change modes in a quiet room. Finally, Casio seems to have forgotten how to make a stopwatch run for more than an hour. This is the worst oversight and one that isn't clearly delineated on the watch's spec sheet from Casio. After one hour, the stopwatch rolls over to zero, making it useless for all of my purposes, though it obviously is fine to make a hard-boiled egg or to time a short foot race. The alarm is loud. There is no count-down timer. So I'm still waiting for a similar watch in appearance, with four buttons, a 12° stopwatch, and a countdown timer.
I've worn Casios nearly half my life (in my early days preferring the OLD Timex models...which one can no longer buy). Number One slot winner is CASIO. This model in particular cannot be beaten. Rather than the six scary buttons one finds on watches these days, Casio's hallmark is to limit it to three, very easy to use and coordinate. The Illuminator, a copy of Timex's original digital watch light concept, is better than Timex. I cannot remember ever seeing the time as clearly in the dark as I can with a Casio. One word of warning: beware of OLD Casio models that still use the pathetic tiny lightbulb for backlighting the time. Be sure to get the model that specifies "ILLUMINATOR" lighting technology. Also, this watch will take a licking better than a Timex, so overall, I don't see any reason to go with another brand. Do what I do: always have two Casios, one for everyday and one for dress ocassions. They are affordable and as I said, why buy anything else?
on August 7, 2007
I carefully read reviews by other users on watches, and most of them complained about problems with cheap-o wrist bands or just a poor quality watch.

This watch is really great! It's made of good quality materials and has a sturdy, completely adjustable wrist band, which is great for women or anyone with smaller wrists. It's easy to figure out how to set time and use it's other components, and my friends at work have commented several times that they really like my new watch! I didn't pay extra for expedited shipping and I got this watch a lot sooner than I expected! I highly recommend this watch for anyone looking for a good quality, inexpensive digital watch. Casio makes great watches!
on April 28, 2014
The watch is spectacular on its own -- regardless of its price. The fact that it's so inexpensive simply blows me away. The quality of this chrono is as good as the gold version that's more than twice the price, and actually has a better luminescent light.

I'm extraordinarily happy with this purchase.
on February 6, 2010
I bought this model Casio watch in 1993. That's right 1993! And I'm still wearing it today. Although my watch now has a few scratches and scuff marks due to wear and tear throughout the years, it still works like a charm. If you are looking for a sturdy, long-lasting, water resistant watch that is also luminescent then look no further. This review is based on my long-term experience (17 years and counting) with this watch so take word for it when I say this watch will last a long time.
on April 28, 2015
Purchased this watch for casual, everyday wear and am very satisfied. Have owned several Casio watches and have never been disappointed with their quality and performance. The watch and the band are very attractive, the stainless steel is sturdy and beautifully polished. Very easy to set and change functions. A few cautions, however, if you are considering this watch; The face is quite small-only about an inch high and an inch wide. Will look silly if you are a large man. Perfect for a youngster or a girl or lady not looking for a dressy ladies type watch. Small face also makes it more difficult to read. Another thing to consider is that it gives a readout for day of week and the day of the month, but does not store the name of the current month. This translates to having to adjust the setting for day/date at the end of every month having less than 31 days.
on September 11, 2014
It wasn't what was I expecting. The wristband not only looks cheap, but it shows obvious signs of wear. The back of the watch has a lot of scratches, so as the inner part of the wristband. I have similar Casio watches that I bought through Amazon, and the wristbands look and feel veeeeeery different. I should have paid attention to the review about the deceiving wristband that this seller is using. I definitively don't want to keep this watch.

The video that I attach shows my original Casio gold watch vs. this one, so you can see the difference between the original Casio wristband and this one. The one that this seller offers is the bigger one in this video.
on September 17, 2014
I really enjoy the classic look of this watch. However, I did not enjoy the feel of it. It didn't have any weight to it, which sounds good, but to me it felt like it was made of plastic and that's not what I wanted. I also felt like the band was very flimsy. Full disclosure though, I'm a picky person.