5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy!
Published on July 11, 2012 by Turtleloo

3.0 out of 5 stars complaint on band
One reason (primary) was that it is advertised as having a fold-over clasp.
I does not have a fold-over clasp. The band come completely apart and is very unhandy to connect especially if your hands happen to be the least bit slick. Otherwise the watch is OK.
Published 21 months ago by tripoli

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy!, July 11, 2012
This review is from: Casio Men's A158WEA-9CF Casual Classic Digital Bracelet Watch (Watch)
I love this watch! I read some of the reviews before I bought it, and wasn't sure if it was going to be worth it, but it definately is. It's true that the metal feels a little cheap, and scratches easily. However, it almost has a brushed look anyway, so you can barely see the scratches. The material is one of the things that I actually like about it. It feels really lightweight, and is thin enough for a woman, but masculine enought for a man. I also love that there are no pins or links to remove/replace when sizing (it's literally a matter of sliding the latch until it fits the way you want. Watch works great, alarm works great, shows date and day of the week, and it looks like a good old-fashioned Casio. Two thumbs up!

5.0 out of 5 stars Old school - but so new!, May 19, 2012
Krystal (Tucson, AZ United States) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my husband who broke his old one. He has an average size wrist, and it fits perfectly - if not a tiny bit loose. Note that he did say the links catch on his arm hair sometimes - but no more than his old watch. He loves the old school digital watches - and he gets compliments on this one all the time! Great buy - and with the price - I bought two!

You can't go wrong with a classic like this one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, February 13, 2012
Its a watch, it works, it looks good, and I'm happy. Had it for 2 weeks, have not taken it off.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sleek and stylish, April 16, 2014
Great watch and awesome price! For under $20, you can own this beautiful time-keeping device while looking stylish and hip. I bought the same model with a blueish face a year ago, but when I lost it, I was absolutely devasted that I could not keep the time in such a hip manner. I finally got around to buying a replacement, and this model with the gold face is absolutely phenomenal. For such a low price, you truly do get a quality watch. Although it does claim to be water resistant, I have never tested this claim. For minor splashes such as washing the dishes or washing your hands, it's completely fine, but I'm not entirely sure how it would fare out on the beach or in the shower. I would give this watch 5 stars, but the plastic face does show some wear after a while, but remember that this is for less than $20! Another thing is that the hair on my wrist occasionally gets pulled out from the locking metal band. However, after a while, you'll definitely get used to it. The little light does a good enough job of making the time visible in the dark, but if only it were a bit brighter. Other than those small things, this watch is definitely a great buy!

4.0 out of 5 stars A watch that women can wear too, June 19, 2013
deborah (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
I realize this is a mens watch, but I think women can wear this watch too. I bought this watch for myself and it fits nicely on my small wrists and the face of the watch doesn't look bulky. The watch has an adjustable closure so you can have the right fit. The snap closure of the watch seems to be very secure. The only thing I don't like about the watch is the watch light, it only illuminates the left side of the time display. You can still see the time in the dark, but it's definitely not the most efficient light source. Plus, you have to hold the light button to keep the light on, the light doesn't stay on for a few seconds after pressing the light button. The watch doesn't come with instructions, but if you've used digital watches before, setting the time and other functions of the watch should be easy for you. If not, I would suggest looking online for instructions or trying to find instructional videos online.

The overall look of the watch is nice. The silver color of the watch isn't too reflective and I like that because it doesn't look flashy in a tacky way. The gold color of the face display is a nice color combination with the silver. This style isn't too common and that's nice. I see most people wearing the silver watch with black display or the gold watch with black display. This watch will definitely go with most casual and formal outfits. The look of this watch is very simple and retro-looking. This watch is very lightweight in comparison to other metal or metal-looking watches. This watch has an alarm, stop watch, a decent night light (color green), a date display and a 12-hour or a 24-hour time format. I recommend this watch if you're looking for a cool-looking watch with basic time features.

5.0 out of 5 stars The band is adjustable! Great watch!, April 27, 2013
I was afraid that when I tried on this watch, it would be too big for my wrists, but i found out that the band is adjustable, you can tighten it or loosen it.
Its a great watch, it has that old school digital watch look, and its very simple and easy to use, it has an alarm, a stopwatch, clock, and it gives you the date, it also has a light so you can see the time in the dark. Overall a great watch and it's definitely worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Great Casio watch, July 8, 2014
I have over 10 different watches and 6 of them are Casio's. I have had the older version of this watch with the black face for about 6 years - still working fine, but I use it for workouts now. I like this one for daily casual wear. It does everything I need it to do and more - EASILY. The day and date are easy to see and the functions are easy to get to. It's light and almost unnoticeable on your wrist. Well worth the money.
Because I have the older version, I can say that the band on this one is lighter than the previous one, not as nice, but still very reliable and comfortable. And of course it's accurate. But of course, it's a Casio.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beef Cake, July 31, 2014
Nearly two years with no buckle breakage even wearing it in the gym benching. What can I say, this is one swoll watch. It will also increase your chances of meeting a desirable partner by 37.6%.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this watch, September 10, 2014
I love this watch! Fits great, not bulky, and stylish. I have even received many compliments. Easy to read and adjust.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Watch Ever, July 5, 2014
I look like a miami drug dealer from the 1980's thanks to this watch. Thanks Casio!