Casio Men's A168W-1 Stainless Steel Watch
|Price:||$16.58 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. FREE Returns. Details|
|You Save:||$8.37 (34%)|
- Made in USA or Imported
- Stainless steel watch featuring rectangular dial window with black border, luminous face, alarm, and solar battery
- 32 mm stainless steel case with mineral dial window
- Quartz movement with digital display
- Three-link stainless steel bracelet with fold-over clasp
- Water resistant to 100 m (330 ft): In general, suitable for swimming and snorkeling, but not scuba diving
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Casio A168WA-1 Classic Wrist Watch A168WA-1 Watches
This classic Casio watch design never times out of fashion. Made with a stainless steel case, bezel and matching link bracelet, the Electro Luminescence features a digital display with EL Backlight and a convenient day-and-date calendar. With its daily alarm, hourly time signal and auto calendar, you'll never need to worry about missing another appointment, and sports lovers will make quick use of its 1/100 second digital stopwatch. Powered by quartz movement, this timeless Casio watch is equipped with a seven-year battery life.See all Product Description
- Product Dimensions: 1.4 x 0.4 x 1.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.1 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Origin: China
- ASIN: B000LAKYW8
- Item model number: A168W-1
- Batteries: 1 Lithium Metal batteries required. (included)
- Date first available at Amazon.com: October 2, 2001
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
|Brand, Seller, or Collection Name||Casio|
|Dial window material type||Mineral|
|Clasp||Fold over clasp|
|Case material||Stainless steel|
|Case diameter||38.6 millimeters|
|Case Thickness||9.6 millimeters|
|Band Material||Stainless steel|
|Band width||21 millimeters|
|Bezel material||Stainless steel|
|Calendar||Day and date|
|Item weight||1.76 Ounces|
Top Customer Reviews
I simply wanted a nice looking digital watch that had a nice slim profile and kept excellent time. I didn't care for all the other fancy frills or features, all I want a watch to do is keep time. I hope this watch is available in another ten years (I no longer do construction) so I can replace this one when it wears out. Maybe I'll just go ahead and purchase another one now just in case.
Also: I ordered this one over the A158W because the backlight is much nicer. The whole thing illuminates, whereas on the A158W theres only a small light on the side and it's not as effective. For a few extra bucks I think it's worth it.
No other person owns it except my Calculus teacher.
That's how you know it's totally swaggie.
As a medical student entering my clinical years, I needed to buy a watch that I could trust enough to keep my life on schedule, but not worry about getting scratched, broken, or covered with unknown bodily fluids. When I found this for under $15 at the time, the decision was easy. I know next to diddly-squat about watches, but what I do know is that in the past year and a half, this has served as my security blanket to make sure I get up in the morning, get to work on time, and never find myself running late. I've beaten this thing to hell and back, and it barely shows a scratch. I don't know what Casio did when they designed this thing, but I personally hope they never discontinue the model. I'll wear this baby until it dies, then go back and buy two more.
As a side note, to those with legit burgeoning interest in watches, this is a fantastic place to start. Although it's completely nondescript, I can't tell you how many comments I've gotten from people who DO know watches, complementing me on sporting one of the original digital wristwatches. Totally retro, but who doesn't want a watch that works perfectly, has a history to it, goes with every outfit you put on, and will last forever?
Go. Click purchase now.Read more ›
1. The wristband is adjustable, but the manual doesn't mention how. Eventually I found a YouTube video that shows how, and it is easy. Since part of the purchase decision was planning to replace the band with a flexible metal one, I don't care. The watch shop told me that putting a metal band on a resin watch case would break the watch case in 6-12 months, in their experience, so I need a metal case. I hope the case is steel, the watch says "stainless steel back", but the product info on Amazon says steel case. When the watch dies - in 7 years - I may take a hacksaw to it and find out.
2. The numbers are small and hard to read. The face in 25 mm high, but only 10 mm is used for the display. The time digits are 5 mm high and the day and date characters are about half that. This is the worst feature of this watch.
3. The manual says to replace the water resistant seal every 2-3 years. Probably less expensive to buy a new watch, so I won't bother.
The good stuff:
1. The EL face lighting makes it easy to read the entire face at night.
2. The watch is slim enough to fit under a shirt sleeve. This is a major benefit since the current style is to make watches quite large and bulky.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is just like the one I had in the 90's, the only difference is that it's made in China and not in Japan. Read morePublished 4 days ago by J.J.F.F.
i've loved these watches for too long, way before they became hipster watches... but now that everyone loves and has these, it sort of makes me feel validated ;)Published 6 days ago by Ivan
Oldschool cool and retro-licious! Bought a similar pair for my wife so we can be a trendy couple. Unfortunately she won't have none of it and promptly gave hers to our 11-yr. Read morePublished 8 days ago by Lester Belen
This is a nice watch. I was replacing an old Texas Instruments watch that I have had for decades. This one is silver compared to my gold color T.I. Read morePublished 10 days ago by BobW