Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Mary Carpenter Headphones for Everyone Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now

on March 18, 2011
I bought this watch as a replacement to a $250 Citizen watch. I needed something that could display 2 time zones and the date simultaneously. This didn't quite meet that need but for the price it came very close.

Pluses:
The band has a very secure latch on it. There's actually a release button you have to hit to open it (which is easy to push).
You can set 4 time zones to swap between with a single button (T1 through T4). T1 is always displayed on the analog dial at the top right.
It shows you exactly where in the world the currently selected time zone is. No more guessing which city is the one you need.
It has multiple alarms, all of which can be set for one time or daily use.
The backlight is very easy to read and stays on just long enough to read the date & time. You have two options for the length. I left it on 1sec which is enough.
The time display is very large and easy to read.

Minuses:
The date is only shown with the T1 timezone selected. This means you can either have T1 in analog and digital with the date or you can have T1 analog, another time zone digital, and no date.
The watch band is not very comfortable. It's not bad, but it's probably going to get replaced soon just because I don't like it.

Overall:
For the price this watch delivers. The instructions are easy to follow and setting it up is a breeze. I would highly recommend this watch to anyone looking for a good time piece with some very nice features.
44 comments|38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 13, 2011
I've had this watch for over 6 months

No more words... nice watch for the money... good looking... not so heavy... pretty simple setup

UPDATE 25/4/2012: I was just checking my reviews and thought I might update that the watch (after about a year of purchase) is still in good wear, a little scratches but that's normal for any watch
on September 17, 2013
I gave this neat and supper product 4 stars because the read out is just a tad smaller that what I'm use to. BUT this is an Awesome watch! Let me explain: Here we go - another great product I'm tickled and happy to comment on. Had it in my hands in 48 hrs. It allows you to pick four locations of the 48 pre-programmed World wide destinations and store them for your use. DST (Day Light Saving Time)is optional for each location. Oh hey Something neat... the world map is live and working it's Not just a static photo but tiny black dots show you what location of the world for the time displayed on the watch.

Easy to set regardless of the (huge booklet they send along). Directions are easy and simple to understand.

12/24 format This watch has it !!!
Do you know what this means? Many people don't really understand this option on watches. I use it all the time I prefer it in every watch. It means you can set the watch to read 1:00 - 2:00 or 3:00 etc or you can set it to 24 and it will then read those same times as 13:00 - 14:00 - 15:00 etc. Some call this military time. It is military time but there is a misconception of terms. (Real true military time is actually "Zulu" time also known as UTC. This watch by the way has UTC pre-programmed as one of the 48 locations. UTC by the way is GMT (Greenwich Mean Time or some call it UTC if you will which means Coordinated Universal Time)there both the same. ..."And Now you know the rest of the Story." Good Day!

Wrist Size: Links in the bracelet are easy to remove should you need to re-size the band (I had too) it comes sized for a Big wrist.

Love it: I like it so well I bought two. Should anything happen I'll write back on this post with comments below in the reply section. For now I'm Extremely Satisfied !!! For the price this is simply and un-beatable deal and a Good brand name.

Battery Life: 10 Year battery!!! WOW un-heard of.

You can't go wrong with this Casio Men's AE1000WD-1AVCF World Time Silver-Tone Bracelet and Digital Sport Watch.

Pay attention to its reviews...all so far have been a 3 or higher, that says allot to me when looking at a product for my hard earned money.
on August 26, 2014
Don't even try to set this watch with the mini-book included, just download the PDF from Casio. A good watch for sporting or work because its easy to read and cheap. I wish the back light was better, just a dim white light in the lower left corner. Overall I'm satisfied with the watch.
on July 9, 2013
Bought this for my husband who broke the band on his similar watch. This one has a metal band so we expect it to last longer. He set it up in about 30 minutes (including removing links to size the band) and loves the features, particularly the water resistance. It looks great and is a real bargain at the price! He has it only a week so we will see how long it lasts but the warranty is also good.
on August 15, 2013
I like everything about this watch. Easy to read, cheap, simple yet functional in every aspects. I will definitely recommend.
on August 5, 2013
This watch provides some very nice features and styling in a (mostly) stainless steel watch for a very reasonable price. The size of this watch maybe a issue to some (my wife asked me if it was uncomfortable to wear) - I was pleased with the size/weight and the way it feels on my wrist. I like the higher frequency of the of the hourly signal (more like a tweet than a beep) that I can notice in the background but other people don't seem to notice. The simulate analog watch face with second tick indicator keeps you in touch with the traditional view of time and the world time feature/map of time zones gives a great reference relative to global time. Plus the number of alarms give you good options. I don't often use a stop watch or a count-down timer but they're there if you need them. I also like the Day Light Savings time feature - so when you have to switch you flip DST on or off.
on May 5, 2016
I bought it because of the 10-year battery. It has a lot of cool features--like a zillion alarms and the illusion of an analog clock. But what I don't like--and why I'm not wearing it any more--is that the information I really want--namely the time, or--if I'm doing a timed activity the elapsed stop-watch time--is too hard to read: the numbers are just too small, particularly considering the size of the watch face. So, I've gone back to my trusty old Timex Ironman. It doesn't have all the bells and whistle, but is better at what I'm interested in: the actual time of day and the stop watch.
on February 15, 2016
Like the watch, but WORST WATCH BAND DESIGN EVER. Tried adjusting the band on my new Casio World Time Illuminator Metal Band Watch...FRUSTRATION FACTOR 100.!! Why try to reinvent the wheel.?!? Just use the same tried and true pin linkage system that is SUPER SIMPLE to adjust. Mangled the link attached to the buckle/clasp trying to remove it (after watching numerous vids on it mind you), rendering the whole band USELESS. Rates a ZERO on the innovation scale. Can't seem to locate a replacement metal band, maybe that's a sign. Time wasted cannot be retrieved. It's not like I'm unfamiliar w using hand tools either, I am very adept, as I work with construction/mechanic hand and power tools on the daily. #AnyoneWantACasioWorldTimeIlluminatorOnTheCheap.!?
on October 9, 2013
Only difficult thing is to resize--remove some from band then set. Definitely, great for the casual use. Strongly recommended for you.